Skip to content
Ad

Accidents and Injuries

Also known as Bites or Stings, Burns and Scalds, Compartment Syndrome, First Aid, Fractures, Frostbite, Head Injuries, Heat Related Illness, Hypothermia, Injuries and Accidents, Insect Bites/Stings, Poisoning, Repetitive Strain Injury, Rib Injuries, Sports Injuries, Stings or Bites, Sunburn, Wrist Injuries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Surgery of craniofacial fracture after motorcycle accident

I had an accident 2weeks ago. My motorcycle fell on a hole dug by some iresponsable Contractor and did Not Bother to put any warning sign. I am with My son and we were both thrown To the Other end Of the Road. Everything happened so fast and the next thing I knew is we were Lying on the ground and Blood...

Last reply
  • Aggrevation concussion symptoms after four months

Four months ago I suffered mild head injury/ a concussiom after a little accident. I had pretty bad symtpoms for about two months. After three months, most symtpoms had disappeared and I went back to full time work, drinking alcohol, running, etc. I gradually increased all this before returning in full....

Posted
  • Ankle pain when full weight bearing after broken tibia

I have broken my tibial plateau and after a few months of complications and having my leg operated on I have been given the go ahead to fully weight bear. Since doing so I have gotten very bad pain in my foot and ankle. I just want to know if this is common? I Injered myself on my bike due to an impact...

Last reply
  • Recovery from broken wrist surgery -4wks on

Hi there  Seeking advice /reassurance?it is now 4wks since my op on wrist, no plaster on just splint and gentle exercises with physio and doing 2/3 times a day. Had stitches out just over a week ago which was awful, however since I've started exercises my wrist hurts in particular where plate/pins...

Last reply
  • Broken Finger!

Are you bored of breaking your finger for real? Do you want to have more fun without properly breaking your finger but still breaking it in a way? Well.... Here you go! Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information...

Last reply
  • Spiral Fracture of the fibula and fractured tibia

Last Sunday (5 Nov) my wife had an operation which saw a plate and 9 screws inserted into her ankle. Two screws from the inner leg side and the rest from the outer leg side. Her pain has been well managed, but today she is, for the first time feeling every screw and is in greater pain (about an 8/10)....

Last reply
  • Fractured femur

I slipped in the garden just under three weeks ago and fractured my left femur, it snapped into two pieces, half way between my hip and my knee. After dragging myself about 30 feet back into the house I was taken to hospital and the next day had a femoral nail put in it and told to start using it from...

Last reply
  • 5th Metatarsal break still in air cast boot week 22!

I broke my 5th metatarsal bone on my left foot one week after keyhole surgery to my right shoulder on 17th June after falling off 6 steps down my stairs seeing a bubble bee flying around my head! Ouch yeah?? Well  the A&E department did not give any advice and put me a temporary boot. Got a...

Last reply
  • Non healing fracture

Hi Im a fairly fit 64 year old female. On 21st July this year I turned my ankle and broke my fibula below my ankle bone with minimal displacement. It did not seem too serious and I was in a boot.  I was feeling ok and beginning to walk carefully indoors again without a boot at 8 weeks and stumbled...

Last reply
  • Scaphoid fracture

I fell four weeks ago whilst running and fell over the dog ! Painful hand couldn't move wrist back or grip so went to a and e. Confirmed break on xray. Put in back slab for ten days and then changed to a cast which I am in til end of November. Had a lot of swelling initially, pain going up arm and...

Last reply
  • Broken wrist

I need some advise. I broke my wrist back in July 2017 had surgery on Aug 3thd 2017 and had  2 plates and screws put in to fix. I am on almost 14weeks after surgery and I am having some terrible pain putting pressure on my wrist lifting weight and turning my hand side to side up and down. I am released...

Last reply
  • Rehabilitation

My partner is in a hospital now for rehabilitation but isn't fully aware yet. We have been living together for four years and I'm hoping that when he makes some recovery he can continue to live with me.

Last reply
  • Bursa in heel, burst. How long to heal.

My daughter aged 13. A week ago jumped into a swimming pool at the shallow end and hurt her heel, I put it down to bruising after 2 days swelling continued, so took her to our local A&E, x ray's show no break, doc was a little surprised as her pain levels and swelling were presenting that way,...

Last reply
  • what is wrong with my wrist?

i hit my wrist a few days ago i thought it was just a sprain but the swelling havn't decreasd so i got an xray but there is no orthopedic doctor available can you help me please?

Last reply
  • Non displaced tibia break. Pain after 5 weeks has occured?

Hi Looking for advice please if anyone can help. I'm currently 5 weeks post break tomorrow and tibia seems to be in worse pain now. Consultant had me in a full leg cast for 2 weeks and then put me into a lower leg cast, with the plan being weight bearing with crutches for 4 weeks then onto fully...

Last reply
  • Wrist very stiff 3months after surgery

Hi, Wanted to please hear from others who have had a distal radius fracture and surgery with a plate inserted. Three months ago i fell and shattered my wrist. Had surgery on the 8/7/2016 and 2 weeks later cast came off and about 10 days later started therapy. However, my therapist told me that my hand...

Last reply
  • Broken left humerus Surgery and Suck: Depression Help!

So where do I begin.  Maybe I should start with I am living in my own personal hell.  Many say keep positive thoughts and to look at all the amazing people that surround and support me.  Don’t get me wrong, I am so grateful for my family, friends, and husband but some days seem hopeless....

Last reply
  • lateral malleolus fracture

I factured my left lateral malleolus July 7th. Twisted my ankle, walked into a ditch bare footed, and twisted, and rolled my ankle. It did not bruise right away, so I thought I just twisted it real bad. Three days later it bruised up, so I went to the er in my town, and took an xray, and have a lateral...

Last reply
  • Help with clearing some things up regarding leg

Hey guys, this is my first time posting here. About 3/4 weeks ago, I was playing soccer and got kicked in the inside of my shin. I wasn't wearing guards and I was barely able to put any weight on my leg for a solid 15-20 minutes, but afterwards I was able to play with bearable pain. Now, 3 weeks...

Last reply
  • Pop in my head?

I was driving home and I first got a strange sprout of pulsating pain on the right upper part my head. I was like okay, cook a migraine. But then I felt two popping sensations in the back upper left portion of my head. The first pop was buzzing and uncomfortable, the second pop occured right after the...

Last reply
  • Eye Brow Wax Burn. PLEASE HELP!

Hi everybody! I really need help, my sister has been using the Obagi skin care for acne/spots prone skin for 6/7 weeks. We are attending a family wedding tomorrow & today have been for our beauty treatments. She’s had an eyebrow wax because no one told us waxing was not allowed while use this skin...

Last reply
  • Broken cast

I was placed on a cast after fracture of the tibia and fabula, six weeks after I went for scan and there was sign from the xray of progress of healing with white particles around the point of fracture, but it's been 8 weeks now and the cast got broken as a result of the commencement of full weight...

Last reply
  • Confusion about wound infection

Okay here goes. I got an abrasion while playing on the court about a week ago. This abrasion is on the knee. Another abrasion on the side I got at the same time turned into a black scab and is nearly off now but this large one released a lot of yellowish foul smelling pus. It formed a blackish scab but...

Last reply
  • Broken leg and plastic surgery (skin flap)

About two months  ago I was hit by a car. I have had pins and rods inserted into my leg. I also had to have a skin flap, this is when tissue is removed from elsewhere in the body to cover an area of the body where tissue has been damaged. I am really interested to know if anyone else has had anything...

Last reply
  • mysterious, chronic, and debilitating repetitive stress injuries

I am a 22-year-old white male in generally good health, except that I have had debilitating pain in my hands and other parts of my body for more than three years from computer usage, piano playing, texting, and similar fine motor activities. Apologies in advance for including so much detail, but these...

Posted
  • Lump problem

so about 2 months ago I had this lump showing up on the right side of my face and after a week I decided to squish it out and all the white stuffs came out off it so did blood. it got swallowed but few days later it went back. But now it keeps on coming back and really hurts and idk what to do or don't...

Last reply
  • Broken wrist..cast taken off today..eek!!

Hi all, so pleased to find a broken wrist support group somewhere (the irony!) I come to you asking for any tips, info & support & have found many of the posts on here really interesting..some have frightend the pants off me aswell I won't lie! My story of woe began 5wks ago..slipped &...

Last reply
  • Broken distal Femur comminuted Fracture

Hi I broke my distal Femur January 24/1/17 there were fragments of bone everywhere I have been told it will be a year before anything returns to normal. Last week I had the prominent distal locking screw out as this has hindered the healing I have stictches either side of the knee I thought my walking...

Posted
  • Fractured left pinky K wire removal

I fractured my pinky two weeks ago and had surgery to insert pins to hold the fracture in place. Right now my hand and fingers are splinted in two weeks I go back to my doctor to get the wires removed. Has anyone experienced this? Is it painful? Will I need to be splinted after the wires are removed?

Last reply
  • Lisfranc injury in car accident two weeks ago on right foot.

Two weeks ago a driver ran a red light thru an intersection while I was driving straight thru on a green light. Totaled my vehicle.Top of my foot swelled up immediately. Xrays showed no break, but Ortho wanted an MRI done to determine if it was a Lisfranc injury. Results came back that the top bones...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.