Skip to content

Accidents and Injuries

Also known as Bites or Stings, Burns and Scalds, Compartment Syndrome, First Aid, Fractures, Frostbite, Head Injuries, Heat Related Illness, Hypothermia, Injuries and Accidents, Insect Bites/Stings, Poisoning, Repetitive Strain Injury, Rib Injuries, Sports Injuries, Stings or Bites, Sunburn, Wrist Injuries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hand swelling after humerus fracture

I fractured my humerus (badly) while abroad on holiday.  I had surgery to fix it - 4 flexible nails from elbow to shoulder.  Three months on and I'm still in a brace.  I'm receiving excellent physio but the pain is only just starting to improve.  However, what bothers me more...

Last reply
  • Foot swollen for about 8 months

Hello, im new to this site but i really need some help. The top of both my feet have been swollen for almost 4 months now. I went to a doctor after 1 month and was told it was tendonitis. Well its still there. Originally it was so painful i could not put pressure on it so i hopped around on my left foot...

Last reply
  • Broken left humerus Surgery and Suck: Depression Help!

So where do I begin.  Maybe I should start with I am living in my own personal hell.  Many say keep positive thoughts and to look at all the amazing people that surround and support me.  Don’t get me wrong, I am so grateful for my family, friends, and husband but some days seem hopeless....

Last reply
  • Deep Laceration Questions

First of all, hello, I am new to this forum, so if anything is posted that was not allowed, I apologize, and will remove this post. Last night i had a self mutilation incident. Before I go on, I want to advise that I am not currently suicidal, nor have I ever been. It has been years since I have hurt...

Last reply
  • Humerus Fracture Mid-shaft - 6 weeks in

Hello everyone. Glad to find this forum and to read about everyone’s experiences. I have found it hard to find information or pages for people going through a humerus break so I thought I would post my experiences so far. I am a 28 year old female in Scotland. I have a mid shaft humerus fracture of...

Last reply
  • Elbow/ shoulder injury advice

Hi everyone, first post here. First off let me give you background- in November of 2017 I injured my elbow at a hockey tournament. I don't really know how as it did not hurt until the next day or so. After a month of resting for two weeks and trying to play (ortho originally said maybe bone bruise)...

Posted
  • I can’t extend my arm fully what should I do?

Hi, I’ve not been able to straighten my arm fully and However much I try it, it will just not straighten and it’s stopping me from doing things I want to do it is giving me these shooting pains up my arm which hurt quite bad enough that I can cope with it though. I have tried many excersises from therapists...

Last reply
  • Penile pain and what looks like tears on foreskin.

Very embarrassed, I masturbated a couple of nights ago, and the following morning, my foreskin felt kinda stiff and wouldn’t pull back without it causing pain, I put some Vaseline on it to try and soften the foreskin. The following day my foreskin looks like it has stretched or torn. I’m kind of worried...

Last reply
  • Broken back

Hi all. I am sure there have been hundreds of posts that have been like this. I fell and hurt my back in early March. It took 4 ER visits to finally be diagnosed with a broken L1 vertabrae. I've finally gotten some tests done and I finally see the doctor on Thursday but the MRI results dropped...

Posted
  • Cast Claustrophobia

I have broken fibula on my leg, near the ankle and I've torn a possible ligament in my ankle (to be confirmed by x ray). I was put in a plaster cast but I found it incredibly unbearable, I felt trapped, I had an overwhelming desire to cut the cast off, experienced insomnia and suffered panic attacks...

Last reply
  • Cross-post from Foot and Toe: Crushed and wounded foot

Hi! I had a minor accident --- I lost balance while on a motorcycle and landed on my right side. I don't think I broke any bones, but I have wounds on my legs and my right foot. Went to the doctor afterwards, but the main concern was the foot wound because of its size (about 1.5 inches across and...

Posted
  • broken femur

hello i have broken femur. i break her at 5th august 2017. after that i was operated and implemented plate inside my leg. after that at 9 october i break the plate and femur too at same place aftrr it i was operated with plate and now is 13th april 2018 more than 6 months of my second operation is possible...

Last reply
  • Help regarding a very painful healed fibula fracture

Hi, back in early February I fractured my fibula on a work night out, I was put in a plaster for a week then given a grey moon boot for the duration. I had an appointment with the hospital a week ago, had another x-ray and it showed my fracture healed. The doctor at the hospital said I can now take off...

Posted
  • Rib lump and pain? Please help!!

I have bad health anxiety, and a month ago I really set it off after finding out my friends mom had breast cancer, the entire month I spent stressing about my health and her own. I started to notice a sharp pain in my left ribs that would radiate throughout depending on how stressed out I was. I've...

Last reply
  • 4 weeks post fibula fracture

I'm 4 weeks out today from my right fibula fracture right above my ankle. Repeat xrays today showed no healing so far and fibula is a few more mm displaced, but the surgeon feels the placement is still acceptable. Repeat xrays in 3 weeks and still nwb. I'm starting to get nervous that this may...

Last reply
  • Femur rod removal advice

Hi guys I've been reading other peoples stories who have this procedure and I'm curious to know weather or not the rod and pins have to be removed as I've had mine in for nine years as time goes on it is becoming more discomforting but I was never told that it had to be removed or when. I'm...

Last reply
  • Plate & screw removal from broken wrist

Hi, for anybody out there who has broken their wrist resulting in plate & screws being inserted. After 10 months of intense physio I am still unable to bend my wrist forward or backwards & can only move a few fingers but cannot make a fist. ​I am due for an op tomorrow to have the plate &...

Last reply
  • Fractured wrist

Hi, I. Broke my wrist 3wks ago plated and screwed, I’ve been to see the consultant today he’s given me another sick note for 6wks. My question is I’d got a sick note that covers me until 30/4/18 does the sicknote the consultant give me today run from today or strat when the previous one runs out ??

Last reply
  • Has anyone else had refracturing and how did Dr fix it

I had a rod and screws placed on my Rt femur 5 years ago never had and problems but stiffness and a little knee pain. I'm 27 years old. 6 months ago while at work I swong my leg over a ladder then had pain in Rt groin area 2 hrs after I felt the pain was so server couldn't move or bare weight...

Last reply
  • Do i have to remove the femur rod and 5 screws???

Hi guys, I had a surgery after an accident which caused multi ligament tear and knee dislocation, underwent 2 surgeries by fixing a rod into my thigh bone along with PCL fixation and have 5 screws totally. It's just been about 4 months and I struggled a lot with knee stiffness but got the knee bend...

Last reply
  • broken femur

Hi all had a fall  Dec 6 17 result broken femur open fracture I am 72 still working until  this had rod and nail fix looking at other posts appears most have this fix removed later I am in London is this common practice I would be worried bone might break again Regards Jim

Last reply
  • 3 weeks post simple fibula fracture at ankle

I'm 3 weeks out from a simple fibula fracture at my right ankle. I'm NWB at this point. I go back to ortho Monday for follow up xrays. My question is how long will this pain last? I try hard not to take my pain meds to much, but sometimes the pain will just be to great and I give in. When will...

Last reply
  • Broken wrist..cast taken off today..eek!!

Hi all, so pleased to find a broken wrist support group somewhere (the irony!) I come to you asking for any tips, info & support & have found many of the posts on here really interesting..some have frightend the pants off me aswell I won't lie! My story of woe began 5wks ago..slipped &...

Last reply
  • Fractured humerus - Post surgery

I've just discovered this forum and it's been a great help to know that I'm not alone in suffering this injury and that some of the things I'm feeling are normal. I've read a lot of people who are recovering from a fractured humerus via the non-surgical method with a splint or plaster...

Last reply
  • Complete avulsion of hamstring

Has anyone had comp[lete avulsion of hamstring plus tendons. Slipped on decking in October 2014. Still in a lot of pain in sit bone!!. Has anyone got any advice re recovery. Am due to have steroid injection in bum and drain any fluid still there. It just seems a long time I;ve been in pain. I keep being...

Last reply
  • How long will cheekbone swelling take to go

Two weeks ago I got hit in the face and had a black eye and swollen cheek. The bruising is gone but there is still a bit of swelling on my cheek. How long will it be before I am back to normal. I saw my doc two days ago and he said its not fractured or anything but I thought that when the bruising...

Last reply
  • Newbie Here

I am Amy and I have joined this forum to talk about health and share and learn some tips on how to improve health performance in this sedentary lifestyle.  

Last reply
  • re-emerging pain in previously broken/bruised rib

around 6 months ago i fell off a bar stool onto my side and pretty badly damaged my rib. I developed a chest infection a few days before so i was pretty much in constant pain from coughing. I went to my GP after a few days to see if there was anything i could do but because there weren't any complications...

Last reply
  • Leg cast duration

Hi Im on my 3rd week of having leg cast, my tibia was injured because of an accident and the doctor told me that it should be better after 4wks time after I had my leg cast. But i can still feel some pain on my legs, is this normal? And what is the average time for a leg injury to be okay? Hope someone...

Last reply
  • Fractured femur

I slipped in the garden just under three weeks ago and fractured my left femur, it snapped into two pieces, half way between my hip and my knee. After dragging myself about 30 feet back into the house I was taken to hospital and the next day had a femoral nail put in it and told to start using it from...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.