Skip to content
Ad

Accidents and Injuries

Also known as Bites or Stings, Burns and Scalds, Compartment Syndrome, First Aid, Fractures, Frostbite, Head Injuries, Heat Related Illness, Hypothermia, Injuries and Accidents, Insect Bites/Stings, Poisoning, Repetitive Strain Injury, Rib Injuries, Sports Injuries, Stings or Bites, Sunburn, Wrist Injuries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Broken left humerus Surgery and Suck: Depression Help!

So where do I begin.  Maybe I should start with I am living in my own personal hell.  Many say keep positive thoughts and to look at all the amazing people that surround and support me.  Don’t get me wrong, I am so grateful for my family, friends, and husband but some days seem hopeless....

Last reply
  • Shattered Distal Radius

Fell down some stairs and got a Comminuted Intraarticular (in other words, bone shattered at the wrist joint). Thankfully (!!!) only the large bone - Distal Radius, and my left wrist. 5 pieces, put back into place and held there with 3 K-wires (pins). Had backslab on top for 12 days, plaster cast which...

Last reply
  • Wrist very stiff 3months after surgery

Hi, Wanted to please hear from others who have had a distal radius fracture and surgery with a plate inserted. Three months ago i fell and shattered my wrist. Had surgery on the 8/7/2016 and 2 weeks later cast came off and about 10 days later started therapy. However, my therapist told me that my hand...

Last reply
  • Swelling post distal radius fracture

I had plate and screws inserted after distal radius fracture and hairline ulna fracture which displaced after manipulation in A+E just over 6 weeks ago. Cast removed at 4 weeks to start early mobilisation. Intensive physio started on Friday. I have been asked to ice prior to each physio session at home,...

Last reply
  • I don’t know what to do

Hi everyone, I’m accident prone and I fell about two months ago and ever since I have had headaches and dizziness. Nothing makes them better they did scans and found damage to the left side of my head from the fall and put it as a concussion. They told me I needed to rest for a week without any lights...

Last reply
  • Pop in my head?

I was driving home and I first got a strange sprout of pulsating pain on the right upper part my head. I was like okay, cook a migraine. But then I felt two popping sensations in the back upper left portion of my head. The first pop was buzzing and uncomfortable, the second pop occured right after the...

Last reply
  • 6 weels post open fracture dislocation surgery please advise

On the 28th of August i had surgery and k wires inserted in my right foot to repair a dislocated open fracture. Last week i could not get to my hospital appointment and the dressing ended up being left on the wound for 2 weeks. Yesterday when i gone to my appointment they said the dressing had burnt...

Last reply
  • I can't tell wether to get this checked out or not

Well last summer I was walking upstairs with a baby and I tripped I protected him first and when we almost hit the stair I grabbed it with my hand and my wrist separated from my hand about 2 inches and it grew back funny it gives me some pain here and there it's crooked and longer than before also...

Last reply
  • Non healing fracture

Hi Im a fairly fit 64 year old female. On 21st July this year I turned my ankle and broke my fibula below my ankle bone with minimal displacement. It did not seem too serious and I was in a boot.  I was feeling ok and beginning to walk carefully indoors again without a boot at 8 weeks and stumbled...

Last reply
  • Broken leg and plastic surgery (skin flap)

About two months  ago I was hit by a car. I have had pins and rods inserted into my leg. I also had to have a skin flap, this is when tissue is removed from elsewhere in the body to cover an area of the body where tissue has been damaged. I am really interested to know if anyone else has had anything...

Last reply
  • lateral malleolus fracture

I factured my left lateral malleolus July 7th. Twisted my ankle, walked into a ditch bare footed, and twisted, and rolled my ankle. It did not bruise right away, so I thought I just twisted it real bad. Three days later it bruised up, so I went to the er in my town, and took an xray, and have a lateral...

Last reply
  • Non healing fracture

Hi Im a fairly fit 64 year old female. On 21st July this year I turned my ankle and broke my fibula below my ankle bone with minimal displacement. It did not seem too serious and I was in a boot.  I was feeling ok and beginning to walk carefully indoors again without a boot at 8 weeks and stumbled...

Last reply
  • Red swollen itchy lumps on face

I woke up yesterday., after staying at a friend's, with some red marks on my face, also on my leg, hand and arm. Woke up today to find the lumps on my face much worse, quite disfiguring, which is a worry as I'm going on holiday in a few days. I've been taking loretadine 10mg twice a day and...

Last reply
  • Delayed Union or Non Union

I broke my hip 5 month's ago and due to certain reasons it has been treated conservatively, it was an impacted neck of femur, I have had 4 xrays spread across the months and some have shown healing and yet last weeks has shown no healing and I think Dr said it was paladed, or something like that...

Last reply
  • Do I have rabies?

Hi guys! I'm a 15 year old Highschool student from a country in Southeast Asia. 10 days ago, I went to the province for a vacation and went to my brother's house. His 6-months old puppy, a very playful one, started to play with me. I then went to my brother's computer and did some stuff....

Last reply
  • Fracture or sprained finger 2 different diagnosises

I went to urgent the next morning after falling forward on my stairs and injuring my finger the night before. The swelling was by the knuckle and upward on my ring finger, There was   bruising on the back of the finger. The injury was at the top knuckle. I had difficulty straightening it and...

Last reply
  • Soft lump on ship for years

I have a soft lump a little big than a pea, it doesn't move or hurt when I touch. I have this for 5+years and haven't noticed any change in size over the years.  I went to the doctor once about it and he said it was "a fissure in the muscle, probably caused by injury". well, the...

Posted
  • Femur rod removal advise needed

Hi guys, So just over 2 and a half years ago I broke my left femur right in the middle. I had a metal rod and three screws put in place and they've been there ever since. However it has be causing a lot of pain ever since I got it. But since being diagnosed with glandular fever in December 2015 I've...

Last reply
  • Bicep and shoulder pain, 4 years

hello,  I injured my arm in the gym when i was 16. I then had surgery on my ulnar nerve which got rid of the elbow pain. however, I get a slight pain in my bicep and severe pain in my shoulder. the bicep doesn't look right and goes up higher on the right side.  Image 1, green line: there...

Posted
  • Lost Strength In Grip L Hand After Being Bitten

I'm a CNA and one of our residents bites a lot. There was one day where I was hooking up the resident to a stand-aid and he bit into my inner forearm really deeply and held it for quite a while until I could pull my arm away. The bruising was really ugly afterwards, but I had a period afterwards...

Last reply
  • Hurt my foot - but now developed into a leg problem?

About 8 weeks ago I was training for some running events, was training with a trainer using a treadmill... doing long distance and short 'sprints' up to 20kph. I think I might have put my foot down awkwardly as I got what I thought was a twisted ankle, I stopped training and wasn't able...

Posted
  • My foot is stiff how can I move it in motion?

Work accident, broke my tibia on my left leg. Also ankle fracture on my right leg. Surgery on my broken tibia, rod in the tibia bone and 4 screws, 2 top and 2 bottom. Just a cast on my right leg for 6 weeks and doctor said a boot after 6 weeks. 5 weeks since surgery, doctor said I can began standing...

Last reply
  • New fracture old fracture

was knocked of my motorbike hit left shoulder and head bounced of window screen in medical notes after accident it reported old fracture t1 never had neck pain before accident recently had mri on throatic spine and shoulder no mention of old fracture t1 would an old fracture be present on mri.my suspicion...

Last reply
  • Plate & screw removal from broken wrist

Hi, for anybody out there who has broken their wrist resulting in plate & screws being inserted. After 10 months of intense physio I am still unable to bend my wrist forward or backwards & can only move a few fingers but cannot make a fist. ​I am due for an op tomorrow to have the plate &...

Last reply
  • Fractured femur

I slipped in the garden just under three weeks ago and fractured my left femur, it snapped into two pieces, half way between my hip and my knee. After dragging myself about 30 feet back into the house I was taken to hospital and the next day had a femoral nail put in it and told to start using it from...

Last reply
  • Anyone with Central Pontine Myelinolysis

Hi anyone out there have any information on central pontine myelinolysis , my 26yr old son has been diagnosed with this condition. He has been in hospital for 6 weeks and spent the last 4 weeks in intensive care, he went into hospital on Christmas eve after having seizures to do with alcohol withdrawal...

Last reply
  • Fingertip amputation (workplace accident)

Hi, I am looking to hear other people's stories similar to my own. I had an accident at work a few months back and ended up having to have my right middle fingertip reattached. I am a welder-fitter apprentice only about a year and a half out of school and was working with a guy who was showing me...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.