Skip to content

Accidents and Injuries

Also known as Bites or Stings, Burns and Scalds, Compartment Syndrome, First Aid, Fractures, Frostbite, Head Injuries, Heat Related Illness, Hypothermia, Injuries and Accidents, Insect Bites/Stings, Poisoning, Repetitive Strain Injury, Rib Injuries, Sports Injuries, Stings or Bites, Sunburn, Wrist Injuries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Allergic to spider webs

Spider webs effect my eyes. It's weird. Not so much a skin thing but if I proceed to touch an spider web then rub my eyes they swell. Like bad. It took me a couple of years to figure what was making my eyes so mad. Don't remember this being an issue when I was a kid

Last reply
  • Broken 5th metatarsil not healing after surgery

I fractured my 5th metatarsil in the end of Feb and, I was in a walking boot for 4-6 weeks no healing got worse. Then was in a nwb cast for 4-6 weeks with a bone stimulator had maybe 20 percent healing. Then we decided to the surgery with plate with screws now it has been four weeks and, the latest …

Last reply
  • 15 month old son - bite on arm

My son who is 15 months old has had a cluster of 5 or 6 small-ish bites/stings on his arm for 2 to 3 weeks. He occasionally scratches it, and doesn't seem to be getting any better. We live in the UK, next to a farm. Should I be concerned?

Last reply
  • Should I still be feeling pain 2 months after my Operation

Hi I'm Tom 47 I'm a Wheelchair user due to spina bifida. 2 months ago I fell from my chair after hitting a pothole and the hospital x-ray showed I'd broken my femur. That was on July 2nd 2018 it's now August 14th & I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if it's normal to …

Last reply
  • Swollen fingers after cast removal for wrist fracture

Hi everyone, I had my cast removed two and a half weeks ago after I broke my wrist - my fingers are still quite swollen and I was wondering what everyone else’s experience was with swelling after cast removal and is there anything I can do?   I am elevating my hand as much as possible and …

Last reply
  • Tailbone injury - how much longer before healed?

On January 1st, I injured my tailbone from falling down the stairs. Xray confirmed that it was not fractured, however 7 months later, it still hurts and at times, just as much as it did when it was first injured. What is the expected healing time? Should I be doing anything else besides resting it …

Last reply
  • Problems with Olecranon fracture plate after ORIF and biceps tendon

I am unable to extend my elbow after ORIF Olecranon fracture. The depuy synthes Olecranon plate was used, and every time I try to extend my arm, I can extreme pain where something have and stand the back of my triceps. Has anyone had this issue? I am 2 weeks post-op. My triceps muscle spasms …

Last reply
  • Broken Fibula, when can I walk?

I have fractured (spiral) my fibula 3 weeks ago which didn't require any surgery, just a fibreglass cast which I am to keep for another 3 weeks. I was told not to put any weight on it until the cast comes off but I find I can put some weight on it already with no pain whatsoever. Has anybody …

Last reply
  • Motorcycle accident. Coming up on surgery, need advice.

Little less then two weeks ago while riding my motorcycle, my back wheel locked up  in a wide turn going about 50 mph. It caused me to high side and threw me onto the pavement, landed on my left side. I broke my clavicle completely in half and it has narrowed my left shoulder. I also fractured …

Posted
  • Upper arm broken

My upper arm is broken on same bone in two places- one is minor and the other one was a complete snap through. I broke my arm 2 months ago. Part is healing but very slowly. My consultant who I saw on Friday last week has said they might need to operate.  I have a brace on and a sling. Before …

Posted
  • Insect bite help

I have an insect bite on my leg that I am unsure of and want to know if it is anything to worry about. It has been there now for about two weeks. It looks exactly the same as when i first saw it. There has been no change. It is exactly the same size, it hasn't grown or shrank. It hasn't …

Last reply
  • Anyone use Ultrasound for a Broken Wrist?

I fell and broke my wrist 5 weeks ago. I think I over did the exercise trying to make a fist and now I am in bad pain especially at night. My cast was removed 4 weeks ago. I called the dr and they told me to rest it till Monday and if no better come in. My question is has anyone ever used a …

Last reply
  • This is a post about illness

My grandfather has a heart attack, he often fainted and has a bigger monitor at home, but it's not very convenient for us to go out and move. Do you have any better Suggestions

Last reply
  • ulna fracture

i have an ulna fracture after the removal, and the cast was remove for over 12 weeks but i can not twist my hand very well and some time i fill muscles pain..pls what can i do.

Last reply
  • Odd, unexplainable, confusing mental episodes?

Over a year ago, I was hit in the forehead with a basketball. After a bit of pain that quickly subsided, me and my friends laughed off the incident as it was clear I didnt have a concussion or even a headache. An hour or so later, a strange phenomenon happened. Its so difficult to explain. Suddenly …

Last reply
  • Fractured distal radius, how long before normal?

Jan, 2018 i fell and fractured left radius near wrist.  No surgery or pins; cast was on for 7 weeks.  Pain, stiffness, lack of strength followed. PT only gave minimal relief and gave up on it.  In fact, therapist had me back off exercises squeezing some play dough type stuff because …

Last reply
  • How to sleep with cast

Hi guys, i got, well its distal fibia fracture, part of bone i am not 100% sure, they didnt told me name of bone (why would they), but that doesnt matter. I had leg cast on me for 3 weeks now (for some reason they pitted me in full leg cast) i passed without surgery lucky. I cant seem to fall …

Last reply
  • Time frame walking after ORIF

When you were released to walk, how long did it take? I was virtually immobile for 15 weeks, non weight bearing. For an unknown reason I had delayed healing, but I have arrived. However, doc says the outer edge of fracture not completely healed, the whole fracture 90% healed, his words. 3 weeks ago …

Last reply
  • Shoes after ORIF

I was released to walk in my boot 3 weeks ago, doc just said put a bit of weight on it, compensate with crutches. I did that, down to one crutch now, minimal pain. As of today he said do my best to dump the boot, he gave me a brace to wear with my shoes. Problem is, my broken ankle won't fit in …

Last reply
  • After cast removed

Hi all, Almost 6 weeks ago I broke my right ankle and the fifth metatarsal on my left foot. On my foot I've been in an air walking boot the whole time. I can stand without the boot but haven't risked a walking yet as the boot helps make me nice and stable. For my ankle, it was a stable …

Last reply
  • Osteomyelitis

I have osteomyelitis in my left leg does anyone know if this is something that is cured or will I have to deal with it off and on for a long time

Last reply
  • Is this a stress fracture?

It all started with knee pain from too much effort but then my calves and shins started to hurt as well. The knee pain and shin pain were barely there, but yesterday after a long day at work (I work at McDonald’s), my leg started to hurt (the interior part of the shin bone if it makes sense) and I …

Last reply
  • Bedbug bites? Or something else?

Hello, I woke up two days ago with a cluster of bites on my arms but didnt think much of it, assuming they were just mosquito bies. Howeveer, when another cluster appeared I was concerned that they weren’t mosquito bites. I considered the possibility of bedbugs and looked through my bedroom for …

Last reply
  • Indent top of skull

I have an indent on the top of my skull towards the back. I have been to the doctors and they took a few seconds to examine the dent and said if there was a lump they would be more concerned but a dent it could be suture where it has not formed correctly and that was it. I have never noticed it …

Posted
  • Calf muscle is killing me after 6 days in boot

Ok I know this was inevitable. I know it’s a good sign cause it means I’m actually using it. But omg are there any suggestions for some relief from the sore muscles? I feel like I want to stretch it out really good. But I don’t know of any stretches I can do with my broken fibula. Any stretches I …

Last reply
  • Removal of external fixator - scared

Hi, I fell over on the ice at the end of Feb and had a severe spiral fracture to my tibia with also a couple of other breaks to it and my fibula! Had to have emergency surgery because I developed Acute Compartment Syndrome and was at risk of loosing my fit and/or leg. I then had an external fixator …

Last reply
  • Severe ankle sprain

I have severe ankle sprain with small avulsion fracture at the tip of the left lateral malleolus, has anybody had this and what treatment did u do plus how lo g were u off work for

Posted
  • Scaphoid fracture and bone cysts?

I fell 3 weeks ago on holiday and was told by A&E I had a suspected scaphoid fracture as nothing on x-ray but examination indicated it was fractured. Put in temporary cast. Saw fracture clinic this week when l got home from holiday. They say still can't see fracture but this may be because …

Posted
  • Accidentally smacked hand that has a healing fracture

Hello! I broke a finger 4 weeks ago. It was a tiny enough fracture that the hand surgeon said it was likely I wouldn't need surgery as long as I wear my splint appropriately. I had an appointment last week that confirmed it was healing really well (and I could leave the splint off indoors) and …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.