Skip to content
Ad

Accidents and Injuries

Also known as Bites or Stings, Burns and Scalds, Compartment Syndrome, First Aid, Fractures, Frostbite, Head Injuries, Heat Related Illness, Hypothermia, Injuries and Accidents, Insect Bites/Stings, Poisoning, Repetitive Strain Injury, Rib Injuries, Sports Injuries, Stings or Bites, Sunburn, Wrist Injuries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Broken left humerus Surgery and Suck: Depression Help!

So where do I begin.  Maybe I should start with I am living in my own personal hell.  Many say keep positive thoughts and to look at all the amazing people that surround and support me.  Don’t get me wrong, I am so grateful for my family, friends, and husband but some days seem hopeless....

Last reply
  • Post op surgery

Hi,i had surgery on my forearm 2 months ago (cut cephalic vein,extensor tendon,radial nerve,broken extensor bone and a few other cuts),but.. 1month and 10 days after the surgery,i slipped on ice and hit my arm on the ground.i removed the cast 4 days before that. Is it possible that some of those tissues...

Last reply
  • Dent in leg

So have a dent in my leg right above my shin. the dent is fairly large probably 3 inches tall and an inch or two wide.  If I feel it with my hand it feels like the tissue surrounding my bone has been spread apart or is gone and it doesnt hurt at all. I can almost feel the bone its completey different...

Last reply
  • Pain in arms and legs

For the past 2 days my biceps have been sore and today i noticed its mostly where the arm bends below the bicep also have. Had calf pain and tightness for a couple days as well especially while walking and also noticed my thighs hurt when I go to sit down and my biceps and triceps are still sore does...

Posted
  • Help, I Pus filled pimples on healed scar.

So about a month or so ago I scraped my knee. Resulted on a few significantly shallow scratches. I washed them with antiseptic soap and went about my day. I noticed that the wound was taking a long time to heal I'm talking weeks here. Infact it was widening it, would itch burn and become irritated....

Last reply
  • Broken humour arm while playing arm wrestling

About a month ago i broke my humours arm ...i had a surgery with plates and screw......after 1 month doctor removed my suture and plaster but now i can not straight my hand fully...may i straight it fully...as my hand was in 90 degree positiin after surgery...

Posted
  • Hit my head

Hi, so yesterday afternoon i was walking at a brisk pace (5mph according to my phone on snapchat at the time), and i hit the top of my head on the frame of the fire exit door i was walking through. It obviously hurt and i felt the top of my head with my hand to find an immediate lump had risen. However...

Last reply
  • Wrist very stiff 3months after surgery

Hi, Wanted to please hear from others who have had a distal radius fracture and surgery with a plate inserted. Three months ago i fell and shattered my wrist. Had surgery on the 8/7/2016 and 2 weeks later cast came off and about 10 days later started therapy. However, my therapist told me that my hand...

Last reply
  • I dislocate my hip joint 3week ago...

I dislocate my hip joint 3 week ago ,..by on my bike accident ..,It is painful experience  of my life,i was not done surgery ,ct scan report is ok,,,.there is not any fracture on my bones,,,but it is paining and can not do any work,,,,,,,please help(tip) Me how time after I walk perfectly ,,,,,,can...

Last reply
  • Pain pain pain after ankle surgery

I slipt on ice on 12/23/17 Saturday. I went to ER. Determined my ankle was broken and fabia and wrapped in splint and gave me crutches. The oncall Dr. Set me up with ortho Dr. The following Friday after Christmas. I went to Dr. Set a appt for surgery the following week Jan 3, 2018. That was yesterday....

Last reply
  • Horrible pain after being choked

I was choked very hard for about 8 seconds. I hit my back hard on my dresser during the choking. It's been two days my ribs hurt when I laugh or cough. My throat hurts really bad and is kinda of swollen. I can't talk a lot I'm so tired all day and my brain is foggy like I'm detached from...

Last reply
  • Multiple Joint Injuries — Mexican Stem Cell Clinic?

I’m looking for the most cost affective stem cell treatment to heal my joints. Here’s the situation… I had right shoulder surgery last week. The labrum  was  torn. Four months ago, I had knee surgery. The meniscus was torn and displaced . I have two herniated discs, one ruptured....

Posted
  • Broken hip

I went to work fine. I work where we are physically lifting and moving every minute. About 2 hours before my shift ended I felt pain and what felt like a snap. I had been recovering from an earlier accident from 3 months earlier so I thought this was related. I went home thinking this was related and...

Last reply
  • Colles fracture --- surgery vs. conservative treatment?

Why has surgery become the new standard go-to  treatment for Colles fracture (FOOSH)? It's like these orthopedists don't know how to do plaster casts, pins, or external fixators anymore. I am not convinced that surgery (ORIF) is the way to go -- an estimated 25%-30% complication rate. But...

Posted
  • Distal Radius and Sleeping

Broke distal and ulna. Had surgery which included plate and 8 screws. Cast removed and back for more x rays to see if it is healed. Having trouble sleeping. I have been sleeping elevated on a pillow. Is it safe to go back to sleeping on my side? Break was Nov 21 and surgery was Nov 28th.

Last reply
  • Broken Distal Radius and Ulna

On November 21st took a bad fall working out with a 45 pound bar. Lost footing and bar won. Distal broken completely and Ulna shattered. Surgery November 28th with a plate and 8 screws put in. Cast off and surgeon says looks better but not there yet. Hand swollen still as well as fingers. Still can't...

Last reply
  • Hand stiff

Hi,i had surgery on my forearm 1.5 months ago (cut radial nerve,cephalic vein,extensor tendon,a few other tisuess and a small part of the extensor bone) my wrist is very stiff and the left half of the upper hand including half of the thumb..towards up,i can bend it like 10-15 degrees,towards down like...

Last reply
  • Femur rod removal advice

Hi guys I've been reading other peoples stories who have this procedure and I'm curious to know weather or not the rod and pins have to be removed as I've had mine in for nine years as time goes on it is becoming more discomforting but I was never told that it had to be removed or when. I'm...

Last reply
  • Fractured wrist - wk 11 - recovery

Hi Well 11wks since surgery,have plate/pins in left wrist after distal radius fracture after a bad talk at local supermarket car park. Physio once a week, slowly improving,though can still only turn palm up 3/4, palm down even less,shoulder is aching all the time can lift arm up but difficult to the...

Last reply
  • 5th metacarpal fracture

I have been having left neck of 5th metacarpal fracture since 6 weeks ago and was on ulnar gutter splint for 6 weeks. Last week I went for follow up and the doctor told me that the fracture is clinically united as there was no swelling and pain on palpation. But fracture line was still there. The doctor...

Last reply
  • Complete avulsion of hamstring

Has anyone had comp[lete avulsion of hamstring plus tendons. Slipped on decking in October 2014. Still in a lot of pain in sit bone!!. Has anyone got any advice re recovery. Am due to have steroid injection in bum and drain any fluid still there. It just seems a long time I;ve been in pain. I keep being...

Last reply
  • Myositis ossificans traumatica

Hello, I have this diagnosis in my triceps, it is 8mm large free bone in my muscle 4-5cm in belly of triceps from elbow, i have limited range of motion and weeknes in triceps muscle but no pain is present, tried with 8 tretmans of radial shockwawe and going to ultrasound at this moment, it is very disturbing...

Posted
  • Scapholunate ligament repair possible failure...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a scapholunate ligament tear and can give me some insight. I was hurt the end of April at work(I'm an education assistant and worked with high needs student on the autism spectrum) I had surgery done the end of July, exactly 3 month after the injury....

Last reply
  • Distal radius fracture - one year on

So I have just noticed that it’s a year to the day that I broke my wrist and as I found this site so helpful at the time I thought that an update might be useful to someone else. I broke my wrist slipping and falling on ice and knew immediately that it was broken by the pain and appearance. Unfortunately...

Last reply
  • Broken femur recovery

I was in a car accident on July 9, 2017 and I broke my right femur. I was told it was a comminuted fracture and I was hospitalised for 10 days. The rod and screws weren't placed in the leg until 4 days after the accident. It's now December, almost 6 months after the accident and I am still unable...

Last reply
  • Fractured femur

I slipped in the garden just under three weeks ago and fractured my left femur, it snapped into two pieces, half way between my hip and my knee. After dragging myself about 30 feet back into the house I was taken to hospital and the next day had a femoral nail put in it and told to start using it from...

Last reply
  • accident after surgery

hello,i could really need an opinion cause i'm very afraid and i don't want to bother my doctor so often.. i had a forearm surgery 42 days ago (cut radial nerve,flexor tendon,,chepalic vein and a smal part of the radial forearm bone) i took off the plaster 5 days ago,but yesterday while i was...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.