Skip to content

Accidents and Injuries

Also known as Bites or Stings, Burns and Scalds, Compartment Syndrome, First Aid, Fractures, Frostbite, Head Injuries, Heat Related Illness, Hypothermia, Injuries and Accidents, Insect Bites/Stings, Poisoning, Repetitive Strain Injury, Rib Injuries, Sports Injuries, Stings or Bites, Sunburn, Wrist Injuries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Complete avulsion of hamstring

Has anyone had comp[lete avulsion of hamstring plus tendons. Slipped on decking in October 2014. Still in a lot of pain in sit bone!!. Has anyone got any advice re recovery. Am due to have steroid injection in bum and drain any fluid still there. It just seems a long time I;ve been in pain. I keep being...

Last reply
  • driving after ankle fracture

I'm struggling to understand how to post on this forum. Found a few old posts. Wld like to know what other's experience is. Fractured ankle 31/12/17. Initially in plaster then in aircast. as of 2 days ago, am "free" of "cast"(20/2/18) Walked about 1k today with crutch...

Last reply
  • Can I redress my own dressing?

Hi I fell 3 days a go and cut my knee to the bone, it was stitched and yesterday I had a follow up at the fracture clinic and they redressed it but put some cotton roll under the crepe banadage and it’s super itchy on my skin.  They also gave me a tubigrip in case it slips but I was thinking would...

Last reply
  • Fractured femur

I slipped in the garden just under three weeks ago and fractured my left femur, it snapped into two pieces, half way between my hip and my knee. After dragging myself about 30 feet back into the house I was taken to hospital and the next day had a femoral nail put in it and told to start using it from...

Last reply
  • Should I See A Doctor?

So yesterday, I went sledding with a couple friends of mine on a hill. There was one part of the hill, though, that was extremely icy, and slopes down really fast (it also had a bump on the hill)...so I go down it being the stupid person I am, go airborne because of the bump, and land on my back extremely...

Last reply
  • Injury to shin

Please advise - last Sunday I walked into the dishwasher door at force - (power cut) !! Although painful at the time I could weight bear - i assummed I would have a lovely bruise but nothing - it was very tender where I hit it - I went to gp and was advised Ot would be - since then the pain has transferred...

Last reply
  • Is 50% weight baring ok with 1 crutch?

Hi guys. New here! Been reading heaps of threads though. 9 weeks ago I fractured my navicular and had hardware put in. 1 week ago I was put in a moon boot and told 4 weeks of 50% weight baring. This was difficult at first but now I'm getting around with 1 crutch. I have no pain and the swelling is...

Last reply
  • Broke-Tibia and Fibula-Underwent Surgery but have no cast

hi , I broke my shin bone Tibia and Fibula both in an accident  and Underwent ORIF surgery - with a rod inside my leg -- I have no cast . Do'nt i need a cast at alll.. 8 Weeks After i see my X Ray. my bones are still not aligned Doctor said I dont need to worry at all as I have rod. My question...

Last reply
  • 2 year after humerus break - help

Hi All, About two years ago I broke my humerus bone just above the elbow on the outside of my arm. It was quite a bad fracture and I had  screws and a metal plate inserted. I still have the plate and screws and always will because it will be too much of a risk going through surgery again in case...

Last reply
  • Broken ankle and leg and hot tub /swimming

I am 4 weeks post op of surgery for ankle (screws nd plate). I have stitches that have disolved. I am in a splint. Can i put my foot into hot tub or swimming pool? Im curious if anyone has done this only 4 weeks after surgery?

Last reply
  • I think something happened to my wrist

I've been playing soccer as a goalkeeper and received a hard shot to my hand. I can't turn too much my wrist without it being in pain, and can't move it back completely either. Should I rest it for a few days or should I get serious treatment?

Last reply
  • Head sore after skiing fall.

I was skiing yesterday for my second time and I fell at quite a high speed on a beginner (blue slope). I don't recall hitting my head off the ground but I did tumble a few times. At first I just felt some pain in my arm and when I stood up my legs were shaking. In the evening time I began to feel...

Last reply
  • Therapy after concussion

I hit my head by slipping and falling backwards on ice 5 weeks ago. I didn't black out, didn't have any confusion or balance issues right away. The next morning I still had a MASSIVE headache and neck pain and couldn't open my jaw to chew. I went to the ER and they took xrays of my neck and...

Posted
  • Broken Femur, been 4 months help on getting motion back

I was in a bad motorcycle accident, Broke my right Femur now have a titanium rod and 4 screws Tore my Femoral Artery, doctor's did a bypass using veins from my lower leg it's been 4 month I'm on bedrest cannot feel much in my leg any tips on how to start moving again leg is straight and...

Last reply
  • WORRIED ON HEAD JURY/PAIN

Hi, I was hit by a barricade few months back but i had injury only on my lips. It was swollen for cpl of days. Recently I keep getting headache and kind of pain in my head and I am worried is it because of this hit. But during the time of the incident, I had no head injury. Or should i check my eye...

Last reply
  • My wrist still hurt after 4 months

I injured my both wrists about 4 months ago on boxing training. The pain came after i punched the heavy bag with wrong technique. The problem is that it happened 4 months ago and the wrists still hurt in the ulnar area. I went to see a doctor, but he said that x-ray image shows that my wrists are healthy....

Last reply
  • Headache after hitting my head

About 2 days ago I banged by head a little hard on a cupboard door.It hit in my forehead region above my eyebrow. It hurt super bad when it happens but then the pain went away and I went to sleep normal.The next day I had no pain but around the afternoon,I started to feel a little pressure and pain around...

Last reply
  • Any advise on Shin Splints?

I've had Shin Splints now on and off for over 6 months and have hardly done any running let alone walking during this time. Each time I go back and run it's only for a few easy runs and the pain returns. This is affecting me on both legs and in the front of the legs. Does anyone have some good...

Last reply
  • cut finger

well, last night I managed to cut my finger on the bluntest knife you ever did see!! It was the tip, it was quite deep, but stopped after 20 mins and seemed alright over night.  All day today it has been bleeding on/off (I work in cafe retail so I have to keep it covered no matter what and I know...

Last reply
  • Broken left humerus Surgery and Suck: Depression Help!

So where do I begin.  Maybe I should start with I am living in my own personal hell.  Many say keep positive thoughts and to look at all the amazing people that surround and support me.  Don’t get me wrong, I am so grateful for my family, friends, and husband but some days seem hopeless....

Last reply
  • Foot injury that won’t heal

December 2016 I went dirt bike riding and had an accident where the bike landed on my leg and foot. Didn’t break any bones but I bruised my ankle and sole really bad and used crutches for about 2 weeks. It’s been a year and I still feel discomfort from my sole and inner ankle, I can’t run on treadmill...

Last reply
  • Long-term IQ loss after series of mild TBI?

I'm curious about long-term IQ loss after mild TBI. Let me assure you, all instances of concussions were nothing more than incidental. Twice, I simply whipped my head back in a chair, and once more I was hit in the head by a small, light, thrown projectile. However, all of these happened in nothing...

Last reply
  • Work accident

I wss at work and hit by a excavator and have injured my shoulder bad and on going pain 2 year later what woukd the payout of this average around?

Last reply
  • Query fractured patella

On 16 January whilst on holiday in Lanzarote, I tripped and fell, putting out my right hand to save myself.  I hit a wall with my hand and chin, and my knee on either the wall or ground.  I knew immediately I had hurt my hand as 3 fingers went numb, and my neck and knee were sore but did not...

Last reply
  • Rib pain advice/explanation please

About 1-2years ago I suffered a accident at school where a wooden heavy door (automatic closing) caught me in the right rib, a few weeks after I started suffering from extreme pain in the rib where I noticed it was higher than my left rib. A few months after I went to a&e due to extreme pain in the...

Last reply
  • Hand Burn

So I burnt my hand last night on the metal handle of the frying pan that was in the oven; probably one of the worst pains I've felt. I soaked it in water for an hour before finally being able to take it out. The pain was unbearable. I ended up vomiting, feeling lightheaded and sick the rest of the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.