stressful feeling in my head that wont go away

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. 4 or 5 months ago I felt a shocking sensation go up the back of my neck into my brain. Very soon after, I had vision and hearing loss. All of my senses felt duller. It feels worse when I wear my glasses. It feels very uncomfortable. It's a constant pressure, mostly in the front of my head. It feels worse in the morning when I get up and move around. It's not as bad when I'm laying down. It feels like a constrictor plate on the front of my brain. I have a lack of clarity and memory. I have no patience. I feel tired all the time. I've been to a neurologist. I've had a CT scan and an MRI but nothing was found. Has anyone experienced something like this? If so, how do you deal with it? Has anything helped?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hallo Daniel. I dont pretend to know what is wrong but has anyone considered occipital Neuralgia? Did you have any accidents just prior to the start of this?

• Posted

Thanks for responding. I've heard of it but the neurologist didn't diagnose me with it. Next time I see them, I'll have to ask specifically about that. As far as prior to the shocking sensation, I was laying down a lot, all day every day for 2 or 3 months and wasn't eating very much either. I was laying on a couple of couch cushions on the floor watching tv all day then going to sleep in my bed. It happened one night when I got up off the floor to go to bed.

• Posted

I feel this is a nerve somewhere in your neck that has been pinched or compromised in some way. That action of getting up off the floor was the tipping factor. The problem is to identify which nerve. Good luck,but persevere.

The neurologist probably wont give you a specific diagnosis until he/she is sure of what they are dealing with. Nerves are very complicated things.

Tell your consultant exactly what you were doing just prior to the "shock". That may give them the clue they need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.