I accidentally stabbed my finger and...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I accidentally stabbed my left index finger below the 2nd knuckle on the thumb side. It went pretty deep but not wide enough to really warrant stitches. My question is: Why is my finger numb now, but the strange thing, the back of my hand hurts. Really bad. Like in a line down from my ring finger, now it's just throbbing. Is there some sort of attached nerve there to where I stabbed? Thank you for reading this.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

You need to go to A/E or Emergency care. You may have nicked a nerve or you may have introduced an infection. Get some professional attention urgently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.