cat got my thumb instead of the toy (infected wound)

Posted , 2 users are following.

so, after the incident I cleaned it with water and let it be for 3 days, but im guessing because its right were the thumb folds, it got infected.

yesterday night i tried to pop it like a pimple and some pus came out

how should i proceed? wash it often with soap and water or should i keep it dry? i have hydrogen peroxide and eosina at home if needed, re-opening the wound to clean it is a bad idea?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

my doc prescribed antibiotics for a cat scratch I received he advised cat saliva sometimes contain bacteria that can lead to infections

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.