(CES) cranial electrotherapy stimulation or hypnotherapy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I've coped with depression for most of my life - it is treatment resistant and gradually getting worse. Severe anxiety began to set in 2 years ago and in the past 6 months - more so. Now it is a daily nightmare when I first awake but dissipates a little late in the day. To the point – I am planning to try both (CES) cranial electrotherapy stimulation and hypnotherapy. Any thoughts or experiences with these therapies? Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you ever do the ces thing can you update this post ith the results. Sounds so interesting. 
  • Posted

From my own experience as a Hypnotist I have learned that the better relults achieved when both treatments are used simultaneously
    • Posted

Hi Alex. Can you expand a little on your experiences? I think others here would find them to be helpful. Hypnosis is rarely mentioned in forums such as this for some reason. Thanks!
  • Posted

I have been seeing a hypnotherapist for anxiety and a panic disorder for the past few months. I can hardly describe how much it has helped me! Learning self-hypnosis from my therapist has been an incredible coping tool.
    • Posted

That's encouraging danadanielle. May I ask how frequently you go? How many visits until you felt better? Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.