'Clear Lungs' supplement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

has anyone tried 'clear lungs?' it's got some amazing reviews. Also has anyone tried it for sinus issues?

Thanks

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, your welcome,If your hubby already has respitory nurse she will know about the pulmary rehab, which is basically light excersise routine ,and brilliant imformation on how to cope with glare ups etc, when to start antibiotics etc, I started going in 2008 after years of doing very  little ,,,my hubby used to say leve it I will do it ,,,You'l only get out of breath etc etc, then I came out of a spell in ICU ,,,I had had septasyma pneumonia  and chest infection, i was out inthe care of the copd team who came out to see 3 times a Week to check up on my sats etc,and were only a phone call away if I needed yo speek to them, I honestly think without them I would not be here now writing this ,,,,that was jan 2008 ,,,I recovered well and they advised me to go for a gentle walk each day even just round the block ,,,to build my strength up ,then in June tat year ,out of the blue they said they were starting a rehab clinic twice a week at our local gym ,would I be interested in trying it ,of course I said yes they had taken such brilliant care of me when I needed them ,,,it was my turn to respond to them ,the course lasted 8 weeks and it us just gentle exersise as much or as little as you can manage, exercises include ,a walk of ten meteres as many times as you can in 2 minutes ,all exercises are 2 mins ,less if can't manage,,,,sit to stand ,,,sounds easy ,,sit on a dining chair arms folded and 2 mins sit to stand ,,,,it's hard I only ever managed 25 ,the rower machine ,the bike ,are just a few,I find the 8 weeks and progressed into the gym with the ( Lycra girls ,,,not me ) I gradually built up yo 3 Klm on the bike ,2 Klm on the tread mill ( sometimes breaking into a jog. ) and 1000 meters on the rower,,,plus some other machines,,,not bad eh for 69 last Saturday ,haha,yes I have had many setbacks over the years ,( I'm in the middle of now influenza and chest infection. ) but thanks yo my copd nurses I am over the worst and hope to back in the gym next Tuesday ,my conditions are ( Chronic Bronchietis ,asthma,copd and emphasyma,) yes I used to smoke ,,,but I was first blue lighted into hospital back in 1992 with my fist asthma attack, consultant asked if I smoked ,,,yes I said ,,,,wrong answer he said ,,,,the next one will you ,,,,I never had another one ,,,but of course some damage to my lungs and airways had already been done ,I've rambled on rather a lot,but I hope some of the imformation will be of help to you and your hubby ,best wishes Rachael and to your hubby, 
    • Posted

Nanny, you haven't rambled at all, many thanks for your story. You certainly seem to have a brilliant rehab team. My husbands community nurse only appears after he has been discharged, I get the feeling it's just to tick her boxes. I visited today and was horrified that he had been told by yet another doctor that a discharge may be on the cArds for tomorrow. ! I tried to find out more but after 2 hours gave up waiting for his named nurse to come and see me to give me more info. For 8 days we were told 02 would have to be used at home, this was agreed, now it seems to have fallen by the way side. My opinion and his is that he cannot cope without O2 as our back up. We always do his breathing excercises , inhalers then. Nebulise, it's only when all this fails as it did last week that he has to be hospitalised. He. Was rushed straight to resus last week. He ties so hard to retain his Independance and. Likes to get on with life as much as he can, which it commend him for this. Thanks again, and any input you have will always be welcomed. Stay well and well done . sue xxxx
    • Posted

My ,you are having a difficult time of it, don't get me wrong when I talk about  the copd  team that take care of me, they are not at my beck and call, and I only ring them when I have to ,it's just that they would prefer me to ring BEFORE any infection gets hold ,and for me to send in a mucus

sample ( which I hate doing ) BEFORE I start my back up antibiotics/ steroids, I am lucky ,yes to have such a great team that do their best to keep me out of hospital ,,,I hear this from many people ,,,,even when my friends have been visiting me they have seen how well I am looked after ,they say I wouldn't get better if I was paying, 

as far as oxygen in the home ,,,,so far I've managed to avoid this ,,,,this has always been my aim from first being diagnosed,

,( not to have to use oxygen at home ) and I think that's why I work so hard when I'm fit and well enough, 

may I just add that the community  nurses are great at many things ,,,,but not ( in my opinion. ) when it comes to people like your hubby and me and many others,,,,,ask for a referral the COPD PULMARY REHABILITATION NURSES AND PHYSIOS BASED AT YOUR HEALTH CENTRE OR HOSPITAL ,and ask if there will be any back up  copd nurses that will come pipit to him ,IF he is discharged, ( this is how I first made contact with them. ) I do wish you well ,and I wish your hubby was as lucky as I am regarding after care,,,,,I always appreciate them ,,,,and tell how much they have done for me,,,,,and I will make sure I tell them again on Tuesday how lucky I am ,if things ever get too much ,,,,and you just want to chat ,,,,I will be here,,,take care ,night ,

• Posted

Yes I take your point with the 02. Just I can't see him coping without it now, 6 steps and he's gasping. ! I shall certainly take your advice and thankyou for being do helpfull. I wish you well. X
    • Posted

Hi Susan. My husband has copd, like nanny1086 he uses the flutter valve which is very helpful, also he takes mucadyne tablets am and pm which is an effervescent type tablet that helps to get the mucous moving. Re the oxygen at home, we also tried to avoid it but have since learnt that if you need it, use it. It does not do any damage whereas going without it when you need it puts your body under strain. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hey Racheal, I take this daily. it works great for my allergies and sinuses. I started taking it back in 2015 when I had pneumonia. The doctor had tried everything for about a week with out much improvement even though I was taking antibiotics and mussenex. This came to me from a friend, and  I asked my doctor before starting it. He didn't think it would help or hurt but said I could take it if I wished. I will say it was a god send. I took two capsules every 6 hours and  with in hours of starting it, my breathing came easier. it helped loosen up and expel all the junk down in the bottom of my lungs. Mind you I had been sick for over 2 weeks before I went to the doctors. So when this started working, I coughed and gagged bringing up all that slime. yuck! but after taking it religiously for 2 days, the doctor was impressed on how well clear lungs does works. (Which I knew!) I saw him every other day for the next 2 and half weeks and I firmly believe that it was the antibiotics and this product that got me well enough to go back to work. I continue to take it at a maintenance does of on capsule a day. Now if I get into heavy pollens and stuff that triggers amy asthma, I will take it 2 or 3 times a day, then back to once a day. Oh BTW, I take the extra strength form. I hope this helps in your quest for an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.