:-D help me understand

Posted , 1 user is following.

I know i have spinal stenosis n think i have CS  had c4 c5 disc replacement n fusion 2011 after severe headaches put me in hosp n mri showed discs worn away completley had pain numbness etc for years prior to this put it down to work had very physical job then after surgery returned to work had few episodes severe pain had oramorph tramadol kept working june last year  headaches returned also had lower back pain  bladder urgency  stiff calves pins needles in feet severe chest pains in oct spent 2 weeks on stroke ward as with severe head pain right arm felt like running water inside n hand fingers numb got told it was migraine had mri dec never gt results then may gt appt for neuro had surgery july7 th c6 c7 facectomy n c7 nerve root decompression since op still have lower problems headaches chest pain but now im crying in agony everytime i open bowels i have to help myself manually n feels like my back twisting whats happening to me  

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am only 47 so i am worried about the future neuro told i would be paralygic without surgery 
  • Posted

Hi Catherine56365

I really feel for you.   I have denerate disc disease.   Operation is not available as it would leave me paralised so I suffer horrendous pain 24/7.  I take a concoction of drus, Morphine tablet 60mg, oramorph liquid up to 4 times daily, diazepam, anti-sickness tabs, paracetemol etc.   Nothing really works.  Re your bowels, I have to take laxatives on a daily basis because morphine makes you extremely constipated.   Doc's precribed laxative didn't work so I take Dulcolax tabs which I buy from chemist (Boots sell 100 for just over £5 which is good price)   I started off with two a night but because morphine has been increased on a regular basis I now take 3 every second night.   These tabs really work and my bowels move every day (sometimes too much but better that than struggling with constipation).   Coud be that you need a laxative to help you with this problem.   Ask your doc.   Don't know if your condition is same as mine but the pain I suffer is horrendous and yes i am often crying and screaming with the pain.   I often vomit when the pain is unbearable.  My pain is head, neck, shoulders, back, arms and hands.   I have been told it will get progressively worse so don't know what is ahead of me.  I get new symptoms every few weeks and it is horrendous to live with.  I get depressed and cry a lot.   See your doc re bowel problem and whatever other prolems you are having now.   My porblems began with migraine around six years ago.   Now know it wasn't migraine but the start of discs in neck and back breaking up.   Hopefully someone on this site can give you a bit more help.  Keep writing.  I's a great place to let off steam and people here understand how you feel.   Hope you improve soon but keep writing and let me know how you are.  If you have been offered surgery I would suggest you take it.  I am 67 and there is no sugery available to me without me becoming paralised.   I wish there were.

Best Wishes

Arran103

• Posted

Thankyou for reply so sorry you are suffering ive had surgery twice in 3years my bowels vary not always constipated but everytime i go feels like back twisting maybe suffering lumber now cervical diagnosed my head pain 24/7  at 47 dont want this to be my future getting very depressed xx
    • Posted

Hi Catherine

I understand your depression.    I too get depressed often.   When the pain eases up a bit now and then depression goes.  It's not easy living in constant pain and knowing nothing positive can be done for you.   I have been refused ops as too dangerous.   It's good to talk on here and have a good moan..  It's the only place where people understand you.   Keep going Catherine.   My daughter keeps telling me they may discover something new soon to help us.   So hoping they do.   Don't think too much about the future.   Keep it in today and if you are having a good day enjoy it to the full.   There are people worse off than us but sometimes that doesn't help us.   Keep posting and we can help each other through this. Take care.

Carol xx

• Posted

Hi Catherine,  I am really sorry you are going through such a difficult time.  I regret that I don't know more about what is happening to you but it certainly sounds as though you should be getting more explanation from your GP or consultant.  Can you go back to them and demand an explanation?
  • Posted

Thankyou guys been to gp got laxatives took 4 satchets done nothing severe pain in my calves today could hardley walk back to gp Monday  she thinks i have a bowel prolapse or something pressing on lower spine: ( xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.