Skip to content
Ad

Cervical Spondylosis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I am 79 and never heard of cervical spondylosis until three days ago

I like to climb and swim. I had just done about 10 lengths of the local pool when I felt a bit cold around the shoulders. By the time I got out it had grown to strong pain, spreading across my shoulders, back and arms. About three minutes later and pain was unbearable and I was writhing on the ground,...

Last reply
  • Neck pain

After  many weeks of neck pain my GP referred me to a spinal clinic where I have been diagnosed with Neck arthritus, arrangements are being made for me to have a programme of physio and I was told to take painkillers when the pain gets bad.Amitriptyline 10 was presribed by my GP which helps but...

Last reply
  • cervical spine spondylosis can cause serious heart problems?

Hi im 22 and is my first time posting here .... i have been diagnosed first with costochondritis but now a doctor say I have a spine condition , my syntoms are chest pain radiating to the arm, wrist and shoulders, i have a painfull cracking in the base of the neck when the back begins, 4 months past...

Last reply
  • Question

Does anyone know the difference between spondylitis and spondylosis please? Thanks

Last reply
  • Margaret.

I am experiencing a strange phenomenom which is that my speech has become a little slurred without a drink of alcohol! Has anyone with Cervical Spondylosis experienced anything similar. Pain in hands and arms too.

Last reply
  • Spinal stenosis massager and or vibrator

What has been your experience with a massager or vibrator to relieve spinal stenosis pain? From the reviews, the Shiatsu neck massager seems too harsh. Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please...

Posted
  • Pain in backside

I was recently diagnosed with cervical stenosis. Since then I started having pain in my backside down my leg. Is this normal?

Last reply
  • Cervical degeneration/ and pins and needles in face and temples

I began having neck ache and a super tight sternocleidomastoid muscle on the right side about 1-month ago. I had X-rays and the following diagnosis. The cervical curve is irregular at C3-C6 on the right and at C3-C5 on the left. The cervical lordosis is reduced. The cervical gravity line is shifted...

Last reply
  • Cirvical Spondylosis

My spinal consultant wants me to have a rod inserted to straighten my spine.  Has anyone had this procedure and what were the results? He told me that I have compaction of my spinal cord which is static at moment.  He didn't tell me the risks if I didn't have the surgery but my...

Last reply
  • Cervical Spondylosis at 20 years old...

Hello. After two years of testing and treatments, I've finally been given a diagnosis. Cervical Spondylosis. I have 3 bulging discs, and bone spurs. I have tried almost everything in the book at this point. Medications (anti inflammatory, pain, muscle relaxers), physical therapy, cortisone injections,...

Last reply
  • 29 cervical sponsylosis with CP

Hi, So I have 3 pertruding discs c345 and I think 6, I'm 29. I have bone spurs on my left side, I have cerebral palsy, so my good hand is on my left side... I'm someone that is extrmely fit, physically I look more ripped than 99% of fully abled people, my disabilty doesn't affect me! Boxing...

Last reply
  • Wife has spondylosis - how can I support her?

Hello, I've never really been involved in any discussion board on anything, so I hope I'm doing this right. Basically, I'm looking for any advice on how to support my wife, who has cervical spondylosis. I'm also looking for any insight on what people go through emotionally with this condition,...

Last reply
  • New Here - Recent MRI Done and Shocked at The Results

Hi guys, Just new here and wanted to try and get some patient info rather than all the medical feedback that I quite frankly don't understand or trust. Male age 49, started with pain in my right hand 4 years ago. Graduallt transferred to left hand and now is what I would describe generally as a...

Last reply
  • Im 20. Just been told I have cervical spondylosis

I was trying to find information of Cervical Spondylosis in younger people but i can find anything. Every site i have been to says about it developing with age in older people. Im worried that because i am so young is it going to get worse? and am i going to be able to live a normal life? i am already...

Last reply
  • Visitors today and I feel awful

Hi, I have been up early cleaning because I have visitors later and we are going out for a meal. Trust me to be having a bad day today of all days. To top it all mum has rang to ask if she can bring her washing over for me to do, how could I refuse. She, is 86 and fit as a fiddle. All I really want...

Last reply
  • CS and tiredness

Hi all, Does anyone get bouts of tiredness with CS? I find that after I have been busy for say an hour or so, I get really tired and need to lie down for half an hour. I also get tinnitus. Is this part of CS? Many thanks.

Last reply
  • Last how long?

GP was pretty useless just gave me painkillers (codeine and naproxen). These mostly work. I've been to see a chiropractor who disagnosed certical spondylosis. (C5-C6?) Had a few treatments and movement seems to be much better and not so much shooting pain. BUT still get pretty bad aching pains...

Last reply
  • Painful lt shoulder

My lt shouder is very painful on and off for the last two weeks and recently I have been having pins and needles in my left hand.  I do suffer from neck arthritis and have calcified deposits on rt shoulder.  I had mri 7 yrs ago and it detected a piched nerve and neck arthritis. I am not sure...

Last reply
  • Weakness in legs

i have just returned from the doctor after getting the results of my MRI. My problems have been painfull neck and headaches, but my latest problem has been a weakness in the legs and I have stumbled a few times. The doctor tells me that the leg problems are due to a narrowing of the nerve channel? This...

Last reply
  • cervical stenosis ongoing

Hi All, I have been posting here fore a while now, sometimes needing, sometimes helping.This is a needing information post. I have suffered progressive cervical stenosis/spondylosis with my old path for 6 years, The prognosis is that all cervical vertebrae are beyond repair and the bone spurs (osteophytes?),...

Last reply
  • Cervical spondylosis with myelopathy

I am struggling to find information online with anyone who can relate to my case.... I had ACDF surgery on c4/c5 and c5/c6 3 and a half weeks ago. The numbness I contantly feel in my little fingers, my legs, my abdomen and hips changes a lot. I often get fluttering sensations in my feet. I do not...

Last reply
  • Cracking and Popping

Hi from Australia. I haven't seen much discussion about the cracking and grinding, pooping..the terrible noise in your head when you try to turn or just stretch. I have this. I have been diagnosed with CS and have MRI copy on phone. It's Multilevel c5 c 6...i think c1 degeneration. So my 2 questions...

Last reply
  • Options - Continue chiro, pay for injection?

Been three months now. In the UK, so NHS. No xray or MRI to confirm. GP just gives me painkillers. Paid to see a chiropractor myself who think its a problem with C5-C6. Improvement has been negligible to be honest. Its starting to affect my ability to work (Im self employed so no work = no pay - luckily...

Last reply
  • im looking for alternative pain therapy, any ideas thanx

i take gabapentin at night and occasionaly take codydramol during the day, as many of you will know this doesnt always help, ive had a problem with coedine addiction in the past and certainly dont need a repeat i am willing to try most things any ideas will be greatly accepted however small they may...

Last reply
  • shoulders

hi all, still suffering with the headaches, though a tens machone does help withe them, hip started to hurt a while, and about 3 weeks ago, my left arm started hurting if i moved it too far back, now it hurts every day even without much movement, does this mean that im getting worse, many thanks for...

Posted
  • Advice please

I have CS but my doctor refuses to give me any pain killers or an MRI. Apart from moving surgeries, i can't do anything about it. I'm going into remission, for the first time ( I was diagnosed by having an ex-ray recently ) so i'm new to this. I just wanted to know what happens to a persons...

Last reply
  • Anyone experiencing Tinnitus

I have just been diagnosed with Cervical Spondylosis. Like many of you my Doc was treating for tension headaches. But, they thought I had residual headaches from otc ibuprofin, excedrin types. So, they 86d those and prescribed amytriptiline and Naproxin. I now have excruciating tinnitus. I can't...

Last reply
  • CS, a right pain in the neck

Hello everyone, Hope someone can advise me. I have CS and right now my neck pain is so bad, it shot down the back of my left shoulder this am like a muscle cramp. I think I overdid my neck exercises as I slightly deviated from the ones my physio told me to do and did some others I saw online. It is making...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.