Skip to content

Cervical Spondylosis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Help

I have cervical stenosis in 5 discs c2 thru c7 c5 to c7 are severe the rest are mild the doctor wants to fuse the 5 discs and I am so scared of losing my range of motion after recovering from the agony of surgery I must have the worst neck in the world can someone help me with advise I have pretty bad...

Last reply
  • Risk of surgery vs living with Cervical Spinal Stenosis

I was diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis 2 months ago. I have been on a rapid learning curve since and am still seeking answers from the medical profession and fellow sufferers. My story (should you have the patience) goes like this - One year ago I had micro surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome...

Last reply
  • Ulnar Nerve Decompression Surgery

Four months ago I had ulnar nerve decompression surgery to treat numbness in my right hand pinky and ring fingers. The surgery did not help - I still have the numbness. I;d appreciate hearing from people about their experience with ulnar nerve decompression surgery.

Last reply
  • Pain for last 5 years

I am having neck and shoulder pain for last 5 years.i have almost tried the ayurvedic and english medicines at all.but the upper neck portion still swallen and docs saying its due to stress.Any advice for further medications?

Posted
  • Cervical spondylosis,headaches and associated symptoms

Hi. My symptoms started over 3 yrs ago with the sudden onset of severe debilitating neck/headaches making everyday living very difficult. As I drove for a living a was finding it very difficult to cope with the pain as over the counter treatments were no good. The pain starts in the neck / back of the...

Last reply
  • movement/twitching sensations in left chest

Hi there, I am having a weird issue and its been buzzing me for quite some time. firstly it started with a mild neck pain because of poor posture and it ended up paining my left back and left arm that even used to cause numbness..I have done an MRi and all seems okay therefore i am going physiotreatment....

Last reply
  • Cervical spondylosis

I have been told i have cs..i have a lot of pain,burning or tingling in my face and arms, sick feeling, weakness, headaches,vertigo. Are these symptoms normal with cs

Last reply
  • Neck, head and back pain

13 years ago I was attacked hit on side of head, lots of blood,anyway they glued it at hospital and I started experiening neck and head pain and difficulty sleeping, I had mri and ct scans and everything was normal, I’ve seen chiropractic, osteopaths and had acupuncture and as the years went by suffered...

Last reply
  • Weird burning smell???

I have cervical spondylosis ,osteophites,osteo arthritis  and for months have had this weird burning smell,It  is really odd but after having chiropracitic adjustments it goes away for a while,I also have terrible posture which I am trying  to improve .Have been told it  is coming...

Posted
  • Symptoms

Can anyone relate..... Shoulder blade pain neck pain headches arm pain. Tingling face. Cant look high upbor down low. Vision deteriorating. Doc says spndyĺosis but no x rays? Finding it harder to work by the day. I also have very low b12 and having i injections.

Last reply
  • Head pain

I have recently been told by my doctor I have spondylitis. I went to see him due to head pain. It’s quite weird as it’s not an actual headache but a feeling of pain or pressure. It’s lije someone is pressing their finger really hard on my skull/head. The pain moves around, but is mainly at the back....

Last reply
  • Headache dizziness neck pain from last 2 months

Hi  I am facing headache,  dizziness , neck pain , pain in my arms from last 2 months..  My doctor told me it's because of cervical spondilyts.. .some times I feel gas problem ...in wrost condition i feel dizziness. I can hear my heartbeat and numbness in my arms... can anyone help...

Last reply
  • Im 20. Just been told I have cervical spondylosis

I was trying to find information of Cervical Spondylosis in younger people but i can find anything. Every site i have been to says about it developing with age in older people. Im worried that because i am so young is it going to get worse? and am i going to be able to live a normal life? i am already...

Last reply
  • Are these x-rays an indication of cervical spondylosis?

I saw a private doctor and I am always suspicious that they look for problems where there may not be any. I had pain in the muscles of the neck which got better with massage with heat rub but I do get such pain every few months and presumed it was due to posture and desk-job sitting down. Any advice...

Last reply
  • Probs 6 years post ACDF what do I do?

I had ACDF in 2012 on C2-C7. The last couple months if I turn my head and my mouth is open it makes this crunching, popping sound accompanied with shooting pain & & feels like it gets stuck. I get such severe pain from base of head to temples and sensation like there is a lump in my throat or...

Posted
  • New diagnosed.

Hi ..just been diagnosed with mild CS in c3-c5 then moderate in c6-c7. . I know it's going to get worse with time. Neck pain at present no oral pain relief . I been using gels , heat, icepack. Just wondering any advice to do not to do etc?

Last reply
  • Pain, pain and more pain

I started getting poorly in September, dizzy, nauseous and bad headaches. Was told I had tension headaches then migraines and then labyrintitis, I was even told anxiety at one point. One doctor did BP and it was very high so put me on meds (they've just been increased). Then saw a new doctor at...

Last reply
  • Important:- Cervical Spondalosis ACDF Surgery

Symptoms are neck ache tingling pains down one arm or both arms legs getting weak & pain in the feet when walking.. if you have these symptom you need to act quickly! Firstly it is very important to get the correct diagnosis, don't be messed around by your GP as I was initially, if...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with Cervical Stenosis

Hi all I am finding a lot of your discussions and replies helpful after being recently diagnosed via MRI with mild cervical canal stenosis at my C5 C6.  I am on the beginning of my journey to hopefully improving this condition as much as I can and would love your advice as I haven't gotten...

Last reply
  • cervical spine spondylosis can cause serious heart problems?

Hi im 22 and is my first time posting here .... i have been diagnosed first with costochondritis but now a doctor say I have a spine condition , my syntoms are chest pain radiating to the arm, wrist and shoulders, i have a painfull cracking in the base of the neck when the back begins, 4 months past...

Last reply
  • Chart to help you understand each level & symptons

I found this chart to be very helpful in helping you understand the symptoms associated with each level of your cervical spine if damaged has occurred. I had a fusion 6-7 in 2000 now my 4-5 are herniated and they say I need surgery again, also my thoracic spine T1-2 is herniated. If I could go back I...

Last reply
  • diagnosed with cervical spondylosis....terrible headache

i have been signed off work for the last 7 weeks due to a horrific constant headache.After a mri scan last week iv been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis.I have read alot of the posted articles and dont have many of the sypmtoms described by many of you, (numbness and tingling), but have had a chronic...

Last reply
  • Cost of Lidocaine Patches

Can anyone tell me how much Lidocaine Patches are? GP gave me a prescription last week for 10 as a tester for a long term nerve damage condition that I have, but said they were expensive for the NHS & that she could get into trouble for prescribing them. Early signs are that they are certainly helping,...

Last reply
  • New Here - Recent MRI Done and Shocked at The Results

Hi guys, Just new here and wanted to try and get some patient info rather than all the medical feedback that I quite frankly don't understand or trust. Male age 49, started with pain in my right hand 4 years ago. Graduallt transferred to left hand and now is what I would describe generally as a...

Last reply
  • C5-C6 Spinal Cord Compression with Edema

At age 51, I have been diagnosed with C5-C6 Spinal Cord Compression with Edema. I have had intense stomach and back pain for 7 months, feeeling like an ELASTIC BAND is ripping me in HALF along with NERVE PAIN in my toes, feet, legs, and fingers, and affecting me going to the bathroom; I was diagnosed...

Last reply
  • Pain and what can I do for relief !

I'm in horrible pain 24/7. I can't take acetaminophen because liver is third dead and can't take nsaids cause of water retention or steroids like methylprednisolone. I had shoulder , two back surgeries cancelled and both knee replacements because they are bone on bone. I take 75 mcg fentanyl...

Last reply
  • CS and tinnitus

Hi, I have CS with dizziness, headaches etc. I now have tinnitus 24/7, does anyone have tinnitus with their CS? If so, what treatment are you taking for it? Many thanks.

Last reply
  • Reversed Cervical Curve

Hello, I am 26 and have been suffering for the past 6 months with neck pain, moderate to severe migraines, nausea, blurred vision, and feverish hot flashes that happen even at night.  Before these issues I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel when I was 18 years old. Numbness, tingles and shooting pain...

Last reply
  • cervical spondylosis with osteoporosis

Hi have been in a lot of pain for over a year now doc says its cervical spondylosis but she says management is difficult because i have osteoporosis. I have pain at top of back and in left shoulder constant nerve pain, head ache everyday worse in the morning up and over back of head in to forehead and...

Last reply
  • Margaret.

I am experiencing a strange phenomenom which is that my speech has become a little slurred without a drink of alcohol! Has anyone with Cervical Spondylosis experienced anything similar. Pain in hands and arms too.

Last reply
  • toilet

ive recently started noticing my symptoms have got worse, i used to just get headaches and leg pain, which were bad enough, now i cant lift my left arm up, and if i do manage it, wow the pain, ive also started weeing every 30minutes, can anyone tell me why i wee more, the pain i can understand but not...

Last reply
  • Cervical stenosis and osteoporosis

The headaches from the c/s are terrible, it starts at both temples and goes into my eyes .My neck is so stiff, I walk a fine line everyday trying not to make the pain worse. My quality of life has gone from a very sporty type guy to a couch potato, or lying in bed with heating pads on. I don't sleep...

Last reply
  • Computer use and cervical spondylosis?

I have been off work since the end of May and Cervical Spondylosis was diagnosed by the Occupational Health doctor via the Local Authority for whom I work. This discomfort and pain started and deteriorated whilst working on the computor at work. The OH doctor says it is age related and will not attribute...

Last reply
  • Cervical degeneration/ and pins and needles in face and temples

I began having neck ache and a super tight sternocleidomastoid muscle on the right side about 1-month ago. I had X-rays and the following diagnosis. The cervical curve is irregular at C3-C6 on the right and at C3-C5 on the left. The cervical lordosis is reduced. The cervical gravity line is shifted...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.