New - Advice on easing my CS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed about 6 months ago and was referred to physio (Spinal Surgeon said if that doesn't work then to look at nerve blocker medication (i think) electric treatment? then surgery)

Physio was OK but felt i needed something more intense. I am now using a chiropractor but since i have, I feel like my neck pain worse. I also think i might be over stretching my neck too 😦

To help myself i use a heated neck thing, I also purchased a pillow made of sheeps wool which was sized up etc to suit my head/neck (my physio makes these).

Any advice on what i can do to ease the pain? I wish i could afford daily massages as sometimes i feel my muscles play up too. I thought about buying one of those cloud neck things i keep seeing advertised.

This condition is a nightmare. Its usually bearable but i wonder is that because we get so used to the pain?.

At my wits end here 😦

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

it never goes away for me its always a issue. coping with pain no meds just heat microwave gel pads help. elastic back support helps and no lifting. sometime resting my neck using a soft neck brace for a few days helps. its a bone deterioration issue like mine i dont think anything will be totally helpful as far as constant pain management techniques.

• Posted

what neck brace do you use? mine is the narrowing of c4/5 and 6 (i think) i feel like i need a medieval stretching machine thing to help me 😃

• Edited

i dont know what kind my neck brace i am using its a soft cushioned. i found it online, there are many different models.just what takes the weight off the neck / shoulder areas helps. amazing how heavy our heads are with these issues. if it doesnt work for you then mabe another support system to test out for a few days ? this was a explanation what works for me . immobility, icing heat and rest. doesnt work for everyone depending on the severity of the issue. i also have frozen shoulder , torn rotator cuffs and treat the same way. rest, immobility, ice , heat ...and many back vertebrae issues deterioration of vertebrae . nothing is perfect it's a matter of finding what helps individuals who suffer from continuous pain.

also think ahead when approaching any project.. practice mindfulness is a real help too.

good luck sending good vibes your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.