Cervical spine MRI report

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I recently had MRI of my cervical spine. Am sharing my results and would appreciate if any of you can help me understand them

I have bad pins and needles in both hands, light headiness, aching heavy legs and bit wobbly.

Sorry for long post and thank you in advance for reading.

Findings, Cervical spine.

Moderate spondylotic changes. There is reversal of the normal cervical lordosis with multilevel disc osteophyte bars from C4 to C7.

Vertebral body heights, alignment and bone marrow signal characteristics are otherwise normal.

Axials performed from C2 - T1

C2-C3, Shallow disc osteopheyte bar but no significant central or exit foraminal stenosis, no neural compression.

C3- C4, Disc Osteophyte bar indents the Ventral CSF moderately narrowing the exit foramina with probable C4 neural irritation.

C4- C5, Disc osteophyte bar indents the ventral CSF resulting in mild to moderate right exit foraminal narrowing and possible right C5 neural irritation

C5-C6, Disc osteophyte bar indents the ventral CSF resulting in Moderate to Severe exit foraminal stenosis and possible bilateral C6 neural compression

( Right worse than left)

C6- C7, Disc osteophyte with a eccentric right - sided component indents the right hemi cord severely narrowing the right neural foramen with probable right C7 neural compression.

C7- T1, Disc osteophyte bar results in mild to moderate exit foraminal narrowing and probable C8 neural irritation.

Mild facet arthrosis.

The craniocervical junction and cervical cord returns normal signal. Normal bone marrow signal for age.

Impression: Moderate spondylotic changes with multilevel neural compression as described most pronounced from C5- C7

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

no one here is a doctor , cannot efficiently read the medical report posted. could you tell us in laymen terms what you want to know ?

• Edited

Hi, I'm wondering what it means on my report about eccentric right sided component indenting the hemi cord. Not sure what hemi cord means.

Also the ventral CSF. Am wondering if that means the fluid in spine.

Have been referred to a neurosurgeon but don't know when i will be seen. Could be awhile.

Just thought maybe some of you could interpret my report that's all.

I don't understand the CSF part and the hemi cord part, and think maybe have nerve damage because of the tingling in my hands.

Don't know to be honest what it all means. Was a bit concerned when my report came back in 24 hours. Maybe reading too much into it. My GP just said nerves being pinched and to see neurosurgeon.

Hopefully its nothing too bad.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.