"ELBOWITIS"

Posted , 5 users are following.

Cant believe the pain you get from an elbow joint , where to put it is the question , in a sling , on a cushion , resting on the arm of a chair , immerse it in a bowl of hot water ??, my mission tomorrow is to get 2 new hot water bottles , as the 2 I had leaked all over me !!!!.

Obviously we are all in different parts of the world , but here in the uk and in my area it is cold today so I have resorted to wearing a wooly hat and scarf indoors, and xtra leggings to try and help "the old muscles", so far it hasnt worked , but we live in hope , alas getting overheated brings me out in a rash , and I look as red as farmer giles on a boozy night out !

Time to feed the Dog,Cat,Rabbit , , they are easier than feeding myself , wouldnt mind but they are my Grandaughters!!!, another day nearly over , perhaps tomorrow will be better ?

Sleep well everyone x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Shame, because first thing this morning it was lovely.

With me it's my right foot and ankle, broke the ankle and 5th metatarsal in Feb, had a screw put in the metatarsal, got the news this week that at last both have healed, but I now have Osteopenia, bone loss that shows up on x-ray caused by having to not walk on it. Pain hasn't gone away ever since I fell over and the pain today with the cold isn't a good sign for the rest of the winter, fingers crossed I can manage to keep on my feet and not do a repeat!!

• Posted

Hi LUBYLOO

​Have you got any pain relieving gel you can rub into elbow?  What type of pain relief do you have?  best thing to rest it is rest the arm on a cushion as if you put it in a sling you wont be able to move it and moving a joint is the best thing.  Not to let it cease up.

• Posted

Do you have a tens machine Lubyloo that would help with the pain as well I have one and it is brilliant take care.
    • Posted

I havnt got a tens machine , but will look into that next week , am hot footing it to the chemist tomorrow for a tube of voltorol , says gives 12 hour pain relief , if you believe the tv ad , we'll see !!

Night everyone

• Posted

Yes elbow pain is a hard one............for many years I used to be grateful (and say how lucky I was not to have "pain in my elbows".. as we Don't realize how often we use our elbows until we can't......it used to be the only place that hadn't been affected)....but spoke too soon, for it developed over the past year or so......anyways, I use a Gel (like the one you are going to trial), and yes, it helps....also resting it on a hotpack at same time to help the blood flow and absorption.....good luck..............Bron
  • Posted

It is so cold here to and very very wet... NZ.   The air is so cold I now have a head cold, runny eyes and nose...grrrr.  I washed my hair a couple of nights ago, only really towel dried as I didn't have time to blow dry it very well before I had to leave to go down the road on a cold miserable evening to the supermarket.  I pinned my hair up, and later that night let it down and it was still really damp.  Coupled with the very cold air, sleeping with damp hair, I was asking for trouble!  So my own fault.  I am to having to sport double layers of clothing, infact 2 layers over winter winter thermals etc and I'm still bone cold, even after putting on the heat pump for a few hours.  I had to as I couldn't stand my head banging from the cold.

Even my dog is actually being accepting of being wrapped up in his blankets to aid keeping warm!!  So he must be feeling it.

It's not affordable for me to run any heating, but crikey I have had to bite the bullet tonight, it's cruel.  I don't understand how folk can manage to survive outdoors on the streets without decent Winter Artic clothing and shelter..and that stuff is expensive. tsk tsk....

I hope your elbow settles down for you. Maybe some Voltaren Gel or similar can help. I do find it useful sometimes on my wrists/neck/elbows and now my ankels. I can't afford the large tubes of it, but if I could I'd use it on my back and hips to.  But some days one is applying it almost on the hour for some slight buffer of relief for 10 - 20mins..  Which I still very much welcome.

Take care, all the very best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.