» ESA, I received Capability for work questionnaire

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am on ESA and my award is till January 2020. In actually don't know why my award was for one year. I had initially been assessed by a doctor in Edinburgh and never had a decision for over 6 months and when I followed up DWP advised me the assessment wasn't adequate and I had to have another one and a doctor duly flew from London and assessed me at home

Subsequently my award was for a year. Now I have received this questionnaire so I'm worried sick. Does this mean I will have to undergo another assessment (on the letter it says I may be asked to attend a face to face assesment)

I assumed it would be a case of renewing the award via a letter or something

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI,

You will need to fill out the form and return it with all your evidence to support your claim and make sure it's returned no later than the date stated in the letter. There's no extension of time for returning the form and you could be found fit for work if it's not returned on time.

Even though you were told your current award is until Jan 2020 this is purely a guide and nothing more. ESA Support group is always an ongoing award and times mean nothing. They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them. It's rare to have a paper based assessment. Your money will continue until a decision's been made on this review.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.