*Extreme Rant* Teen w/ PCOS and Depression

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've developed hirsutism over the summer because of PCOS! Recently, I've learned that my Mother has suffered diabetes in the past. I guess that's why I have PCOS in the first place. I don't have diabetes because I'm 115 lbs. I knew one of my relatives must have had it. PCOS has made me feel completely undesirable! I can't feel good about my looks anymore. Hair is all over my body! I don't feel pretty anymore! It's hard for me to masturbate when I can't get in the mood. I can barely focus on my sexual fantasies when I can't see how anyone would even want me at all! I've lost my confidence! I hate PCOS! I hate my body! My Mother doesn't seem to understand what I'm going through! She days that I shouldn't worry about it, but that's very difficult. Especially when she has passed her crippling anxiety down to me! I'm close to starting school again, and I'm an honor student! So I'm dealing with enough already! I don't love myself! I hate myself! It's difficult to find anything to love about myself! I'm honestly losing sleep because of this! Sometimes I fall asleep before exercising, because I'm exhausted from dealing with life. I have to exercise every day to keep my body from sprouting any hairs the next day! I used to love sweets. Now I can't eat anything sweet because it makes my hirsutism situation worse! My parents think I'm acting weird when I say I don't want sweets. I have had a closed-head injury (my parents don't know about this self-inflicted injury; I've told my Mother that I felt depressed in the past and she told me to "stop being depressed" like its a f*****g choice; my Father wants to get help for me but my Mother has all the power in this family) in the past and it's hard for me to remember to stop eating sweets. I've also forgotten some basic things like grammar and how to spell certain words! I have a terrible sweating problem that makes me smell bad so I hate going outside. School has been Hell on Earth for the past year and a half because of that. So hate my appearance and I feel like a total idiot! It's like I've been cursed or something! It feels like I'm watching myself in a nightmarish movie! I have no real friends. I have no one to confide in. I'm extremely depressed and suicidal most of the time..

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Riley2610,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The organisations below can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen. If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to one of these organisations who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

There are several helplines in the US which can help you.

They include the Crisis Call Center on Phone: (800) 273-8255;

Hopeline Network on Phone: (800) 422-HOPE (1-800-422-4673)

and the National Suicide Prevention Hotline on Phone: (800) 273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).

Please do reach out - there are many good people who can help.

For users outside of the USA please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Kindest regards,

Patient

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.