Skip to content

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• The mini pill

I was put in the mini pill because due to PCOS I didn’t have periods.  Since being on the pill I’ve noticed changes in my mood and other issues so would rather just stay away from the pill completely.  Does coming off the pill affect anything?  Or do I need to be on it? 

• natz3344 natz3344

Do I have PCOS?

Hi everyone, I’ve been searching the internet for answers and wondering if anyone can help please? Since having my son (now 2yrs) I’ve gained weight, found it VERY hard to lose and noticed a have increase in body hair - or hasn’t even reduced with laser hair treatments!! Over the last few weeks/months...

• Totally worried!!!

I have pcod. After treatment I got pregnant. After 6 weeks&2 days  took 1st scan but not seeing anything. Doctor saying it shows only 5 weeks growth. Doctor said to take beta hcg blood test to confirm pregnancy. Now I am waiting for the result. Anyone had the same problem??

All discussions in this group

Next
  • The mini pill

I was put in the mini pill because due to PCOS I didn’t have periods.  Since being on the pill I’ve noticed changes in my mood and other issues so would rather just stay away from the pill completely.  Does coming off the pill affect anything?  Or do I need to be on it? 

Posted
  • PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

Hi everybody, I was told by my gp two days ago that I have pcos after having a blood test to check my hormone levels. I asked him what we could do and he said "you could take the pill, look on the nhs and patient.info websites and come back and see me when you've decided". (not exactly...

Last reply
  • My Doctor Thinks I have PCOS, But I Dont Think I Do.

I am a 20 year old female, 60 pounds overweight, and I have anxiety/depression. I started taking Mirtazipine (an anti-depressant/sedative) for my anxiety and the insomnia my anxiety would create. When I began taking Mirtazipine (1.5-2 years ago) is when my period began to become irregular, at first it...

Last reply
  • IPL to remove facial hair

Hi I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago and have been struggling to manage/deal with the excessive facial hair growth.  I wax and thread often but it is getting very time consuming to be doing constantly.  I was wondering whether if anyone has tried IPL to reduce the thickness and regrowth...

Last reply
  • Do I have PCOS?

Hi everyone, I’ve been searching the internet for answers and wondering if anyone can help please? Since having my son (now 2yrs) I’ve gained weight, found it VERY hard to lose and noticed a have increase in body hair - or hasn’t even reduced with laser hair treatments!! Over the last few weeks/months...

Posted
  • Totally worried!!!

I have pcod. After treatment I got pregnant. After 6 weeks&2 days  took 1st scan but not seeing anything. Doctor saying it shows only 5 weeks growth. Doctor said to take beta hcg blood test to confirm pregnancy. Now I am waiting for the result. Anyone had the same problem??

Posted
  • Heavy period suddenly stops, anyone else had this happen?

I’m 25 I was diagnosed with PCOS at 22, I gained weight until I hit 210 lbs and worked very hard to lose 65 lbs over the years, I’m now 140 and have been having pretty regular periods but this Saturday my period started and Sunday it was even heavier like more then ever (and heavy is nonla for me but...

Posted
  • Anxiety, PCOS, new to the pill (loestrin 20)

Hi all im 27 years old, couple of years ago i had really bad anxiety and panic attacks out of no where, i managed to get it under control with changing the way i thought, i also have PCOS which i have never suffered from until now i have irregular bleeding light/really heavy pretty much constant, usually...

Posted
  • Teen, pcos, birth control, pregnancy?

last week I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend even after told him I missed some days of my birth control and did not want to do anything. This is not my concern right now as I came on to my forum because I am worried I could be pregnant. I am 16 and for the past 6 months I have been on birth control...

Posted
  • Desperate for a baby, please help

Hi everyone,  i'm new to the forum and desperately looking for advice to help me conceive. I was diagnosed with PCOS (through an ultrasound) about 2 years ago whilst looking into something else. As it stands now, we've been referred to the local fertility clinic and we've both had...

Last reply
  • Pain during sex

Apologies in advance if this all sounds crude, I really need an answer as i'm so stressed. It often hurts to have sex. Only really when he's in deep and particularly during 'doggy' style- feels like hes jabbing against my uterus.  IS THIS THE PCOS? Or just how my body is?

Last reply
  • PCOS - tips on conceiving

Due to get married in 6 weeks time. We want a family but I have PCOS. My Doctor has assured me that not all women with PCOS have trouble getting pregnant but any tips and advice from you ladies would be great. I have regular periods although my cycle is about 35-40 days. And how do you know if you actually...

Last reply
  • PCOS JUST DIAGONOSED, HEARTBROKEN

Hello All, Just writing to see if anybody could offer any advice, I am completely devastated. So firstly, I am 26 years old. Vegetarian, weight train 4 times a week, eat very healthy and in shape. I was on microgynon till I was 22 but came off to give my body a break, I happened to suffer with awful...

Last reply
  • Ovulation

Hi I've had PCOS almost 20 years which made my periods stop completely and have been over weight to morbidly obese. Tried for a family with no success for 18 years. Last year I had a gastric bypass and im finally a bmi of 28 and have had regular periods since losing a huge amount of weight my question...

Last reply
  • my MILD pcos/symptoms? CAN IT GET WORSE?

Please help. I'm 22 and have FINALLY after years of irregular periods been diagnosed with PCOS. My hormones came back normal. I only have the symptoms of acne and hair loss. I have always been extremely active and extremely healthy (I have a slight OCD phobia about weight gain)- the acne I can deal...

Last reply
  • PCOS stories for a documentary idea

Hello, my name is Toni and I'm a student at the northern film school. As part of my degree one of my tasks is to write a pitch for a documentary. I've chosen to focus my topic on PCOS as it's an issue very close to my heart after being diagnosed with it 4 years ago.  I would love to...

Last reply
  • Fertility Concerns

Hi Everyone, Unfortunately in April 2017 i had my right Fallopian Tube removed as it was full of fluid, after the operation i noticed i was having pains in my left side similar to the pain when i had the bad tube. I have recently had an ultrasound and they have said i have PCOS. However, i have absolutely...

Last reply
  • Linea Nigra-sign of PCOS?

I’m not pregnant and have never been pregnant but I have linea nigra- the dark line from my umbilicus to my pubic bone.  I’m 20 years old. Ive been on an oral combo birth control pill for 5 years. I did some research and I’m also in nursing school so I am wondering if it is related to hormonal imbalances....

Last reply
  • Possible PCOS and unreasonable boyfriend

I have been with my boyfriend approx 10 years and as are very much in love and know 'one day' we want kids. However, lately I have been getting really concerned about fertility trouble as I have reason to be live I have PCOS but not diagnosed. Symptoms I have are the usual absent periods since...

Last reply
  • PCOS PROVERA ORLISTAT Help

PCOS & PROVERA & ORLISTAT...HELP Hi I was diagnosed with pcos 1 year ago after TTC for 4 years and irregular periods. I was put on provera medroxyprogesterone in February 2017 and I take the pills for 7 days then periods comes 2 days after for 6/7 days then stops....I have been on orlistat for...

Posted
  • HEALTHY DIET FOR PCOS? ANYONE HELP?

I have been back and fourth to the doctors for 5 years with issues, the first time I went I was 19 I was told by a doctor I probably had an STI as I was at a sexually active age and referred to a sexual health clinic. After the sexual health clinic I was told it was Pelvic Inflammatory and put on a course...

Posted
  • Scared I might have ovarian cancer?? What should I do??

My name is Carlie and I’m 24 years old. About 2 1/2 years I went to see my GP as I had abdominal/pelvic pain for about a month. I was also really extremely nauseous, cramping pain almost every day, was bloated and unintentional weight gain.  They sent me for an transvaginal  ultrasound and...

Posted
  • Newly diagnosed PCOS

Hello everyone! I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries today after getting results back from a recent ultrasound. It was a slight relief as I've been having issues for the past year and seemed to be getting nowhere, so I now at least have some answers. I'm pretty much posting looking for some...

Last reply
  • Facial hair!!

I'm 27, I was diagnosed with PCOS A few years ago now and the facial hair is breaking me. Has anyone got any ideas of how to get rid without shaving every day? Thanks in advance

Last reply
  • PCOS symptom help

Hello everyone, I’ve never turned to a forum before but I feel completely helpless. I’m 26 and was diagnosed with pcos 8 years ago. I have noticed in the last 2 years my symptoms have got a lot worse. The hair on my jaw line, neck and chin is really terrible and I’m now tweezing it every day. I’m too...

Last reply
  • Polycystic ovarian diet book suggestions?

Hi, I'm 26 and have had polycystic ovarian syndrome diagnosed since i was 19. I have horrific periods when they actually decide to appear. I'm wanting to sort out my weight and realise that I've been burying my head in the sand. Does anyone recomment a polycystic ovarian diet book? I've...

Last reply
  • Hormone Help (Female Facial Hair)

Hi, This may be long so sorry in advance. I am a 21-year-old female and have had hormonal imbalance issues since I started puberty. I had my first period young (at the age of 9), and I believe my young start at puberty was caused by how I have always been overweight. At the moment...

Last reply
  • im 17 and i think i have PCOS

hello! im 17 and since puberty, i have had very irregular periods for example, this year, i have had 3 short periods instead of 12 and they only lasted like 3 days. also i have gained maybe a stone and it is really hard for me to lose any weight at all. i  have been growing black hair in places...

Last reply
  • Mirena Coil for PCOS

On the 19th February 2018 I got the Mirena Coil fitted to help improve my periods. Today is day 9 since the fitting and I'm still bleeding and there seems to be quite a bit of tissue. I'm not due for my period for 3 weeks. Is this normal? I know the doctor said I will experience more bleeding...

Last reply
  • Any advice please?

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS many years ago and have very period and never ovulate according to ovulation tests. We have been trying to conceive for over 2 years now and no luck. We have been referred for help but told we have to fund clomid ourselves which is quite expensive if it takes a while to...

Last reply
  • Questions.

I was wondering if anyone had a cute as to off PCOS is genetic? I’ve been trying to do some research but there is no real clear answer. I have read that there are links to brothers, of women who have PCOS, developing diabetes(or something along those lines)

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.