Skip to content

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hormone level bloods!

Hi guys, I'm new here! So I was diagnosed with PCOS in June last year, confirmed by high levels of testosterone and androgen and also ultrasound scan. Me and my partner have been trying to conceive since January but no luck yet so I am now under gynaecology. To cut a long story short, they …

Last reply
  • Do these sound like typical PCOS symptoms?

Hey everyone! I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but have wondered if some 'symptoms' I have would be worth going to the doctors to enquire about and if they are typical signs of having PCOS. Firstly, I have tuberous breasts which I've read is sometimes linked to PCOS. Further to …

Last reply
  • Pcos symptoms help & advice

Okay let's get to the point... I was diagnosed in 2015...fast forward to now I'm experiencing a new form of facial acne that is REALLY bad and unattractive. They're more like large cysts than your average white/blackheads...which i have those too. I have noticed the fluid is green/ …

Last reply
  • Suffering from depression

Hi everyone, I’m 19 years old and I was diagnosed with PCOS just over a year ago and I have been taking spironolactone since then. Within the last 4 months or so my periods became really messed up (i blamed exam stress) and i have basically been bleeding everyday for the last 4 months. The bleeding …

Last reply
  • I am confused whether I'm pregnant or not.

I have missed a period, me and my bf has been intimate three to four days a week after my period ended, I am not aware of when I ovulated but I'm sure I did, I am 5 days late, on Monday I went toilet, when I wiped I saw blood on the tissue but after that time, nothing, I thought I would have …

Last reply
  • Dermoid cyst, abnormal bleeding

Hi all, I’m 36 and I was diagnosed with PCOS after a cyst the size of grape fruit side rupture when I was 18. I had surgery to drain it.  I’m on the pill. I have been in and out of hospital for the last few years with other issues so I’ve become very weak and muscle wasted.  In Feb 2018 …

Last reply
  • Diagnosed but struggling

I've managed with help of my gp to get the periods under control. I was having to have iron tablets during that time of the month and literally my life would stop. But now that's controlled the hair growth EVERYWHERE is really difficult... does anyone have any advice on the best hair …

Last reply
  • Help!? Chronic period pains taking over my life

The past 5 months I have had chronic pains in my pelvis in the first two days of my period . The agony brings on fainting, vomiting, diohorea, sweating and periods of unconsciousness (sometimes concussion from fainting). These spells lasting from 1-5 hours at a time.This is something that happened …

Posted
  • Day 5 of period getting heavier with clots

Hey guys! I'm new to this. I'm 28 and I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 20. I've been taking metformin for about 5 years. My periods have been regular for the past 6 years. This menstrual cycle has been off. I started my period 5 days ago and it's heavier now and I'm passing …

Last reply
  • Are these PCOS symptoms? *KIND OF GRAPHIC*

So my periods have never really been on time but they’ve always lasted around 5 days from being heavy then gradually lighter. In the last year they have been all over the place, missing them, really light then really heavy, spotting etc.. Then it came to a point where i didnt have a period for 3 …

Last reply
  • Pcos

Hi,  Like most of you, I’ve developed PCOS after getting it Bc for about a year and some change . Before bc I had a consistent period no issues, after bc which I got off last September I thought i was pregnant because I didn’t have an period until January but blood test and etc showed I wasn’t …

Posted
  • MFH MFH

Tiredness and mood swings

I was told i had polycystic ovaries a month ago and it has explained why I’m always tired and often experiencd mood swings! Being only 19 it’s difficult constantly being tired and I don’t know what i can do to help it - I started taking Berocca last month and I’m not feeling any change yet. I want …

Last reply
  • Just been diagnosed

Hi I have just been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries, I have been having recurring pain on my right side of my lower abdomen for over 2 years now and only just been diagnosed. I currently have the mirena coil in I was wondering if anyone knew if it would help my pain to have it removed or will …

Posted
  • Anyone else have PCOS and Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)?

In the past year I've been diagnosed with both PCOS and HS (hidradenitis suppurativa). I know that woman with PCOS are more likely to develop HS, since hormone imbalances are thought to play a role in the disease. Well I've been searching everywhere trying to find discussions from …

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed. Lifestyle change advice?

Hello, I'm hoping for a little advice. I'm 28 and have just been diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor said it's likely it developed when I was in my late teens early 20s but as I've been on the pill for about 10 years I hadn't noticed the symptoms.  Last year I came off the pill …

Last reply
  • *Extreme Rant* Teen w/ PCOS and Depression

I've developed hirsutism over the summer because of PCOS! Recently, I've learned that my Mother has suffered diabetes in the past. I guess that's why I have PCOS in the first place. I don't have diabetes because I'm 115 lbs. I knew one of my relatives must have had it. PCOS has …

Last reply
  • Help! In need of advice!

I need advice on what to do as I am embarrassed to talk about it with others! I have had acne for about a year (it started about a year after I came off the contraceptive pill) I’m 22 and I rarely got spots until I was 21. My mum mentioned PCOS so I went to the doctors and they prescribed me …

Last reply
  • Dermoid cyst and polycystic ovary

Hi everyone. I've recently been diagnosed with a dermoid cyst and polycystic ovaries. Between the ages of 14 and 17 I only had four periods. I started the pill for contraceptive reasons at 17 and had regular periods then. I'm 22 now and in April I thought I was pregnant- morning sickness, …

Last reply
  • i just got diagnosed with pcos

hi, ive just had all my test results back and i do indeed have pcos i need to go back to doctors to talk more in depth about it and probably get medication? i dont really know much about pcos and i do think people should be more aware of it..im only know just coming to learn about it.. . im only 21. …

Last reply
  • Need help ..PCOS

Hi everyone.I am 24years old..i was diagonised as PCOS two years back..that time my Gyno told me that its due to stress and life style it will be gome after 6 months just do exercise and stop junk foods that tume got lineant...but after 2yrs i again went for ultrasound and found out that i am still …

Last reply
  • abnormal bloodwork?

Hi! I am 20 and have PCOS and had very high DHEA-S and testosterone, and after taking birth control both are in normal range However, while testing these my endocrinologist ordered other tests, and I don't know what they mean and if they are worrying. My endo didn't say anything about …

Posted
  • Personal Story & Help Requested

Hi everyone!  I wanted to take a moment to share a personal story with you. I have been diagnosed with PCOS several times by my OB because I’ve had irregular periods throughout my life and had bouts of Acne. I was put on various birth control pills and even metformin to help regulate my …

Posted
  • PCOS turned into Chronic Migraine and BV

Yes, I have hormonal imbalance. PCOS is no fun. For real! Sudden change of weight, hair loss, acne like cystic ones, unusual hairs... So my Gyn prescribed Dian35 pills and Duphaston.  I was so scared that time. I waited for my period for 3mos... so i asked my mom to accompany me to an Obgyn. …

Posted
  • Hair Loss Help

I’ve had PCOS for a year and a half now and experienced slight hair loss on my scalp. I’m lucky that I had a lot of hair to begin with so while it bothered me, I wasn’t freaking out about it. WELL in the past month my hair loss has increased drastically and I am beginning to freak out. What have …

Last reply
  • Brown spotting for around 3 weeks, what could it be?

Hi, I’ve been diagnosed with pcos for about 3 1/2 years now, I came of contraception about 3 1/2 years ago. We aren’t actively Ttc but thought if it happens it happens (so far it hasn’t) I generally don’t get periods at all but have had brown spotting/bleeding for around 3 weeks now, today I’ve had …

Last reply
  • PCOS AND VITEX??

Hello everyone! I'm really hoping someone can offer some advice after a recent diagnosis of PCOS. Im 27 and my Gyne has put me on Cerazette for 3 months to shut down any ovulation due my the cysts keeping hold of any released eggs making it so I do not currently ovulate. I've been reading a …

Last reply
  • Should I continue to take Contraceptive?

Hello, I'm 23 years old and i was recently diagnosed with PCOS about two months ago. I was on Nuva Ring for a bout 4 years until I stopped using it in January of this year. Once I stopped I continued to get my menstrual for about 2 or 3 months until it just stopped coming, I made an appointment …

Last reply
  • Can PCOS affect relationships?

My wife who is in her late thirties has had issues with post-natal depression and had been on anti-depressants for over five years although they didn't seem to help other than make her feel like an emotional "zombie". She came off the drugs and about a year ago said she was not happy …

Last reply
  • On metformin for pcos

Hi, I was diagnosed with pcos roughly 2 years ago. I was seen by an endocrinologist who put me on metformin, I was later discharged from them as its a gynaecology issue. My question is should I be being checked more ie have bloods done etc to see if the metformin is working, I've literally just …

Last reply
  • PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

Hi everybody, I was told by my gp two days ago that I have pcos after having a blood test to check my hormone levels. I asked him what we could do and he said "you could take the pill, look on the nhs and patient.info websites and come back and see me when you've decided". (not …

Last reply
  • I need some help and guidance.

I'm new to this but I thought this would be the best place to go with some help. So some background information on me is that I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 years old. I am about to be 21 soon. Well I've been I'll for 8 months now. I've been nauseous everyday usually …

Last reply
  • Help

Hey guys after years of excessive hair growth, weight gain, and irregular periods I finally was told I had pcos. I’ve actually complained about these problems since I was about 13 and doctors would tell me it’s just because I’m young everything will balance itself out as I get older, now 21 and I …

Last reply
  • anyone else in pain with pcos?

It sounds strange but recently it has felt like my ovaries have been hurting, my stomach can be quite tender to touch where they are located and it feels like they are generally aching. I was just wondering if it was normal and if anyone else has experienced pain with pcos.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.