Skip to content
Ad

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • PCOS - scared to take a test

Hi guys, I was diagnosed with pcos after 6year ttc , I am 25 married and trying to get pregnant desperately. I have read so many forums and I am just longing for someone to give me some advice as I just don’t have the guts to take a hpt. I had regular cycles from April to Oct last year which I have never...

Last reply
  • pcos

Hello everyone.i am 25 and unmarried 3 months before i was diagnosed with pcos and my doc prescribed metformin SR 500mg and advised me to exercise.i take one tablet at night.first month i got periods on the 5th day when i started using metformin but 2nd month i didint get and its going to be 2 months...

Posted
  • Abnormal bleeding.

Hi all, I have pcos. Every 3 months I take medication for 10 days to make me have a period. I’m not sure any till February. However, around Christmas me and my partner started trying for a baby. I’ve had spotting of blood (literally like a dot) two times in a few days and today I had a light spotting. ...

Last reply
  • PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

Hi everybody, I was told by my gp two days ago that I have pcos after having a blood test to check my hormone levels. I asked him what we could do and he said "you could take the pill, look on the nhs and patient.info websites and come back and see me when you've decided". (not exactly...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with PCOS - now what?

Today I was diagnosed with PCOS. I’d previously been for hormone tests to check for this condition (after noticing a few symptoms, as well as the family history with my mum having it). Hormone results were fine and I was told I didn’t have it. Went to the doctors this week for the first time in about...

Posted
  • Weight gain with PCOS

I have PCOS and have been struggling with weight gain for over 3 years now. I am extremely active (gym 5 days a week) and eat extremely well (track everything). I have tried 1200 cals and also higher as I am aware that is very low for my height and activity level. Ive tried personal trainers, nutritionals...

Last reply
  • Facial hair despite all hormones being ok... what to do?

I did some hormonal tests in the past few weeks and all the results came back normal. Including testosterone, estrogen, insulin, cortisol... I have no idea where this hair is coming from! I've noticed a pattern. It's bad and then it will get worse around the ovulation and just before I get...

Last reply
  • PCOS JUST DIAGONOSED, HEARTBROKEN

Hello All, Just writing to see if anybody could offer any advice, I am completely devastated. So firstly, I am 26 years old. Vegetarian, weight train 4 times a week, eat very healthy and in shape. I was on microgynon till I was 22 but came off to give my body a break, I happened to suffer with awful...

Last reply
  • Cysts

I have been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries since coming off contraception as I was breaking out in cysts. My GP prescribes me with antibiotics that clears them up but I break out again in a couple of months I have taken a course of the contraceptive pill and that helps me not breakout in cysts. Does...

Last reply
  • Does the contraceptive pill effect polycystic ovaries?

I was thinking of maybe starting to take the contraceptive pill since me and my bf have decided we're not ready to start having children yet and was wondering if it has any negative effects on polycystic ovaries since i have it. I don't want it to ruin my chances of never having birth.

Last reply
  • Confusion over PCOS diagnosis, periods stopped

Hi everyone Around 9 months ago, I had an abdominal scan and was told that I have polycystic ovaries. At the time I was having regular periods, (although they would vary by several days - could be from 28 to 37 days but usually around 31-34) but they were sometimes painful (not debilitating pain but...

Last reply
  • Face wash / Moisturiser for PCOS skin

Hey, I'm 27 and looking for recommendations of a good face wash/cleanser and moisturiser that people use. I have PCOS and oily-combination skin, acne just around my jawline, uneven pigments on my face and my pores always seem huge. Everything I have tried just seems to make my face red and come lunch...

Last reply
  • HAIR trouble

Hi 👋  I’ve been diagnosed with pcos I really struggle with hair on my face!  How do people get rid or help slow it down? Does metformin help this?  Also I know loosing weight helps And I have lost over a stone now yay Thanks in advance for your help

Last reply
  • Please comment! I just got diagnosed with PCOS

So I had noticed since I started college back in 14’ I stopped ovulating. This past year and a half i have had irregular periods, I would get it twice a month. This past Monday I couldn’t go to work because I was not able to walk, reason being I was bleeding all over the place even with a tampon+...

Last reply
  • Getting Periods with PCOS

I have PCOS for the past two years. When i was first diagnosed, I have given with hormonal contraceptives for six mos. Then, again my US showed that my case is not cleared. Again, for six cycles I had contraceptive with metformin. Then, the prob was seemed to be okay. I stopped my medications. Then,...

Posted
  • ivf with donor egg

Hello, hope for your help. I’m stuck, have no idea what to do. I’m 32, married, no kids. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year. Of course it was a shocking ‘news’. We were ttc for a long time. We’ve been dreaming about having children for 8 years already. But my doctor told me about medical treatment,...

Last reply
  • Miscarriage

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago now and have recently had two miscarriages in a short space of time! I’m struggling to come to terms with what’s gone on and I’m worried that it will keep happening and find it difficult to carry child in the future! What do I do? Thank you in advance. 

Last reply
  • I wanna know if I'm pregnant but haven't tried pregnancy test

Hi! I was diagnosed with PCOS last May 2017 and i haven't had any treatment. Would it be possible for me tobe pregnant? My mesntruation is 46 days delayed ( based on my Period tracker/Calendar). My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex since then. I don't my hopes up and expect that...

Last reply
  • Trying to understand

So I was told I have PCOS about a year ago when a cystic ruptured. Not Pleasant!! They told me there wasn't really anything that could be done after that I didn't have a period intill late September but it was brown blood always I finally got into the Gyno October 15th he gave me Metformin...

Last reply
  • I haven’t had a period since 26th may 2017

H I haven’t had a period since may 17 my doctor sent me for test and I Have been diagnosed with psoc. My doctor has now put me on metaformin tablets to help get my period back has anyone else had anything similar to myself, thank you 

Posted
  • Pcos

Hi guys I'm new here just need some advice I was diagnosed with pcos 5 years ago after getting married 5years ago we started trying I been to endless gyno appointments and the same thing keep being said to lose weight I've joined a gym and doing swimming but can't seem to lose weight I get...

Last reply
  • PCOS and Thyroid? :(

So I’m wondering, I haven’t gotten my tests yet but I’m going to be since I had uncontrollable panic attacks, disconnect from myself somewhat I guess depersonalization? Never had that in my life. Intrusive thoughts which I guess stem from the anxiety but I don’t know. I’ve just been uncomfortable and...

Posted
  • Newly diagnosed PCOS

Hello everyone! I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries today after getting results back from a recent ultrasound. It was a slight relief as I've been having issues for the past year and seemed to be getting nowhere, so I now at least have some answers. I'm pretty much posting looking for some...

Last reply
  • What Am I Doing??!!

Hello everyone! I was tums that i had pcos several months ago. I've never liked into it, school and laziness is why though is a terrible excuse. Recently, ive really started to notice how bad it is. My face is breaking out extremely and feels as if no matter what i do, is not clearing up. My...

Last reply
  • im 17 and i think i have PCOS

hello! im 17 and since puberty, i have had very irregular periods for example, this year, i have had 3 short periods instead of 12 and they only lasted like 3 days. also i have gained maybe a stone and it is really hard for me to lose any weight at all. i  have been growing black hair in places...

Last reply
  • Pcos and ovulation

Hi, I've been trying to conceive for 3 years, had all the tests and told I have pcos which I knew anyway, I take inofolic which give me regular periods every 4-5 weeks roughly 4 weeks and 4 days, I've been chatting my Bbt which rises near to ovulation time but doesn't stay risen which means...

Last reply
  • anyone else in pain with pcos?

It sounds strange but recently it has felt like my ovaries have been hurting, my stomach can be quite tender to touch where they are located and it feels like they are generally aching. I was just wondering if it was normal and if anyone else has experienced pain with pcos.

Last reply
  • PCOS, pain and discharge?

Hi, new to this forum. I'm 24 and got diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome about 2.5 years ago (problems started before this). I started my periods when I was 10 years old and have always been VERY heavy and very painful, they make me very weak and quite poorly. For the past 3 years I have...

Last reply
  • What is small ovaries?

I'm 22 and have suffered from irregular periods since puberty. Recently my doctor has sent me for blood tests and a scan. The blood tests results came back fine but the scan showed I have small ovaries. What does this mean? Does this effect fertility?

Posted
  • I feel so much better... endocrine disruptors

Recently, In spite of the fact that I have been eating absolute rubbish and not exercising at all or taking any of the vitamin supplements I usually take I have had regular periods again. I came off my Progestrogen-ony pill and I have been sleeping more, and drinking Liquorice tea and Kombucha. But...

Last reply
  • Just been diagnosed with PCOS...

Hi,  I have just been diagnosed with PCOS after scan and blood results came back. Iv been told to make an app with a female doctor and go from there. I don't really no what to expect? Will I have to take any medication? Any other tests? I used to take the mini pill but came off it as it...

Last reply
  • PCOS - Dark skin

I was diagnosed with PCOS 12 years ago and have dark skin in my armpits, on my elbows and both of my palmar creases.  Does anyone have dark skin because of this condition?

Last reply
  • Inositol helped my PCOS + TTC

I just wanted to share this with everyone, so hopefully it may be able to help!  I have always had really bad symptoms. My least favorite, was how irregular my periods were. I could go months, almost a year once,  without one...so I'd have to go to the doctor and be put on birth control...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.