Skip to content
Ad

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Recent PCOS Diagnosis

I have thought that I had pcos for the last few months, and recently got the diagnosis, I’m only 17, and will have years until I’m able to find out whether I can or can’t have children, everyone’s around me has brushed it off as not a big deal, however for me, it is a big deal, as it brings a lot of...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pcos for 6 years now been told Dr wont give me clomid..

I was told around 6 years ago i may have pcos, finally this week been diagnosed. After internal scan showing one ovary measuring 11cc and other 22cc. Been asking for months for doctors to try me on clomid and now I've been told they won't prescribe it due to risks because of the size of my ovary....

Last reply
  • anyone else in pain with pcos?

It sounds strange but recently it has felt like my ovaries have been hurting, my stomach can be quite tender to touch where they are located and it feels like they are generally aching. I was just wondering if it was normal and if anyone else has experienced pain with pcos.

Last reply
  • Recent PCOS Diagnosis

I have thought that I had pcos for the last few months, and recently got the diagnosis, I’m only 17, and will have years until I’m able to find out whether I can or can’t have children, everyone’s around me has brushed it off as not a big deal, however for me, it is a big deal, as it brings a lot of...

Posted
  • No PCOS, No Endo, What's Wrong with Me?

To make a long story short, my period has ALWAYS been irregular. Ever since I got it when I was 9, it has never been regular. It progressively got worse and by the time I was 14 I was skipping periods for 3 months at a time, then 6 months, a year, and then a year and a half.. then I would get a period...

Last reply
  • PCOS or something else?

I've been working with endocrinology for almost a year. I just had my thyroid removed in may and I also had some other abromal test results.  My androgen levels are elevated and I have insulin resistance. The doctors think that I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome.  I do have a lot of...

Last reply
  • PCOS diagnosis... unsure of diagnosis...

So since August 2016 I haven’t menstruated, I also experience agonising pain every single day. Despite 5 DR appointments, it took until the 6th for someone to stop telling me it’s because I’m stressing too much...  The first doctor said don’t worry about it, if I want children go and see him! ...

Last reply
  • Constant bleeding with pcos

After a year and a half of bleeding constantly, I plucked up the courage to go to the drs. My periods have always been regular, 6 weeks apart and heavy and painful. Firstly she did swabs and a blood test, both came back normal-clearly this is not normal. She didn't seem too bothers though, after...

Last reply
  • I have one ovary and PCOS, what are my chances of concieving?

When i was 15 (2005), i suffered abdomen pains, i was told i had a cyst on my ovary and had key hole surgery to have it removed, since then i have had my right ovary removed. (2007) and then started getting cysts on my left ovary. In total i have had key hole surgery 5 times. (3 on my right and 2 on...

Last reply
  • Pcos,over weight and trying to conceive

Hi, I'm new to this but it's something that has bee stressing me out, il be married 2years in Nov and me and my husband have been TTC since we got married because I knew it would take time. I got diagnosed at the age of 16 when I had dark patches in my joints,I was put on metformin and the pill...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed at 16 - no answers

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago when I was about 15. When I was diagnosed, my GP at the time said I was only 'minorly polycystic' and the best thing to do would be to lose weight. Needless to say, in the last 10 years, I've only ever put on weight. I was put on the contraceptive...

Last reply
  • This is breaking me

I got diagnosed with this a while back now and I’m trying everything to have a baby all the doctors I see think I’m too young to have a baby so won’t help I’m 21, I have an amazing job and stable life  But this just won’t happen for me everywhere around me is women having children  People who...

Posted
  • Does Pap Smear is adviceable for PCOS patient?

Hi, I'm from Philippines. This is my first time asking question about PCOS in a forum. I was diagnosed last week with Polycystic Ovaries. Both ovaries have more than 25 cyst and measuring less than 1cm each. Here's my question, Does Pap Smear is adviceable for a PCOS patient? Is it possibleto...

Last reply
  • Polysistic Ovaries

Hi, I'm 20 and have just been diagnosed with PCOS. To be honest the doctors have been very unhelpful so I've come here for some advice! I've heard conflicted information where one nurse who did my scans said mine looked severe and affected both ovaries and I potentially will have to go on...

Last reply
  • PCOS - Dark skin

I was diagnosed with PCOS 12 years ago and have dark skin in my armpits, on my elbows and both of my palmar creases.  Does anyone have dark skin because of this condition?

Last reply
  • Changes in Body shape dependant on diet

Hi all, So I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and I'm still working on finding that magical food/excercise/life balance for me. Recently I've significantly up'd my protein intake to 40% of my daily intake. Which for me is 160g of protein. Previously I was doing an average of 80g...

Posted
  • Trying to conceive with PCOS

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 2 years. Last year I was diagnosed with PCOS and they gave me metformin and it gave me diarrhea badly so I quit taking it. I've finally been back to many Dr and they Put me on a new metformin which is way better! She had also given me prenatal...

Last reply
  • I can't get over the fact I might not be able to have kids

I was diagnosed with pcos at the age of 16 (8 years ago) since then I have been pushed from pillar to post because no one knew what they were doing. I haven't had a period since I was 15 and no doctor sees this as an issue, I've lost over 10 stone in 3 years (from 24st - 14st) and that hasn't...

Last reply
  • Ultrasound results (received in 2 days?!?)

Hi, Just looking for some advice. I had my ultrasound to diagnose whether I had PCOS, 2 days ago, and was informed by the sonographer that it would take 7-10 days to get my results, however I recieved a phone call today asking me to come in tomorrow morning to speak to them in person, in personal experience...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with PCOS

Hi Ladies, I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 24. I think I have been suffering from it for a few years now but never had the opportunity to check before. At first I was really depressed with the news. I have been doing some research and I know that the symptoms can be very hard...

Last reply
  • I'm finding it really hard to get Pregant

Hi, me and my partner have always talked about having kids so because of this I've been off the pill for a year! In the whole year we have been trying I haven't fallen pregant and it's really getting me down. Is there anything anyone can suggest like home remedies or medicine I could take...

Last reply
  • Bleeding longer than usual.

Hi everyone.....I need some advice. I'm 25 soon to be 26 and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 3years ago. I have a awful patch of hair that grows on my chin and neck.....always makes me not feel like a female when I see it. Anyway......my periods are usually 25-30days in between each cycle.....but...

Last reply
  • PCOS, pain and discharge?

Hi, new to this forum. I'm 24 and got diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome about 2.5 years ago (problems started before this). I started my periods when I was 10 years old and have always been VERY heavy and very painful, they make me very weak and quite poorly. For the past 3 years I have...

Last reply
  • Is extra hair enough to worry about PCOS?

Hi ladies, I'm 20 years old, 21 in a few weeks. Just a quick info, I'm a virgin, started my period at 13 and it's been pretty regular ever since. I do get the odd irregular period which will be a few days or couple weeks late but I've kept track of all my periods since I was 16 and I...

Last reply
  • Is extra hair enough to worry about PCOS?

Hi ladies, I'm 20 years old, 21 in a few weeks. Just a quick info, I'm a virgin, started my period at 13 and it's been pretty regular ever since. I do get the odd irregular period which will be a few days or couple weeks late but I've kept track of all my periods since I was 16 and I...

Last reply
  • Can't Cure Chest Acne

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago. Over the past 2 years I have been breaking out on my chest and shoulders. I've been to 2 different dermatologists and the only thing that's given me some relief is Salicylic Acid. It gets worse when I workout and around the time of my period. I have...

Posted
  • Pregnancy

Recently my boyfriend and I have been have unprotected sex. As I have pcos, I assumed that I was the percentage that didn't ovulate and wasn't fertile. But with pcos, just confirmation, can I be fertile and get pregnant? I am very young and still don't understand the whole syndrome so again....

Last reply
  • ivf with donor egg

Hello, hope for your help. I’m stuck, have no idea what to do. I’m 32, married, no kids. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year. Of course it was a shocking ‘news’. We were ttc for a long time. We’ve been dreaming about having children for 8 years already. But my doctor told me about medical treatment,...

Last reply
  • Trying To Concieve Without Doctors or Medication Help

I'm 24 & me and boyfriend are trying to have a baby but when I was 16/17 I was told I had PCOS. I'm not taking anything for it as contraceptive pills have been disagreeing with me over time. I smoke & my boyfriend smokes (I don't smoke as much as him) but my boyfriends dad managed...

Last reply
  • Unable to lose weight with PCOS and Hypothyroidism

I was diagnosed with PCOS last November. My period was irregular for about 1 year before that and around November of last year I had all of my blood work done which showed that I have Hypothyroidism and high androgen levels. I have been taking levotgtroxine and my thyroid level is very close to 1 now....

Last reply
  • Any advice for a fellow sufferer?

Hi Ladies, I was diagnosed with Pcos when I was 18. I had always suffered with stomach problems throughout my teenage years and was first admitted to hospital at the age of 13, where the staff thought it was appendicitis... Fast forward to 5 years later the symptoms continued and started to get me...

Last reply
  • T20 T20

Showing symptoms and feeling mega down!

Hi, I am only 20 and got put on cilest at the age of 14 just cause I had really bad periods. I am now 20 have just come off cilest and now showing many signs of pcos but have not had it 100% confirmed. I got told when young I had cysts but doctors never cared enough to find out what was wrong with me....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.