Skip to content
Ad

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Diagnosed with PCOS

I have officially been diagnosed with PCOS as of yesterday. It is a relief honestly, because it is finally answering all the questions I had of why I was having all these different symptoms. I have been prescribed Metformin and Spironolatone to try to treat it, so I am hopeful. I am curious what everyone's...

Posted
  • i spent years having the p*ss taken out of me at school ...

i spent years having the p*ss taken out of me at school i was know as blob! i travelled in my late teens and met a fantastic man who loves me!!!!! i was twenty stone when we married and that was 1989 we are still happily married. I lost two babies t0o miscarriage early on was very sad at twenty , at...

Last reply
  • HSG Test Advice And Information

Helloooo.... so I have been ttc for a year and have been back and forth to the doctors with various problems with my periods etc and have been diagnosed with PCOS.  I've been sent for a few tests and most recently have had the HSG Test. I wanted to share my experience because I feel that there...

Posted
  • PCOS messing with thyroid?

Multiple times I have gone in for blood work and the doctor sees that I'm fatigued, dealing with depression, etc. a bunch of hypothyroid symptoms and tests my thyroid hormone levels. The blood work comes back showing mild hypothyroidism, then I'm sent to another doctor to repeat the test. The...

Posted
  • Could this be ovarian cancer or PCOS

Hello,  I'm 25 years old, a virgin, and I haven't had a period in two months. About a month ago I started getting some bloody spotting and of course I assumed i was getting my period because that's usually how it begins and it didn't come. I've had slightly bloody vaginal discharge...

Last reply
  • Possibly PCOS?

So I have been experiencing bleeding since last October, however I could tell it wasn't like a regular period. I figured my problem may just resolve itself or may not be that serious since I've never had a "normal" menstral cycle but, it hasn't. I literally would go almost a year...

Last reply
  • Unable to lose weight with PCOS and Hypothyroidism

I was diagnosed with PCOS last November. My period was irregular for about 1 year before that and around November of last year I had all of my blood work done which showed that I have Hypothyroidism and high androgen levels. I have been taking levotgtroxine and my thyroid level is very close to 1 now....

Last reply
  • PCOS, pain and discharge?

Hi, new to this forum. I'm 24 and got diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome about 2.5 years ago (problems started before this). I started my periods when I was 10 years old and have always been VERY heavy and very painful, they make me very weak and quite poorly. For the past 3 years I have...

Last reply
  • Constant bleeding with pcos

After a year and a half of bleeding constantly, I plucked up the courage to go to the drs. My periods have always been regular, 6 weeks apart and heavy and painful. Firstly she did swabs and a blood test, both came back normal-clearly this is not normal. She didn't seem too bothers though, after...

Last reply
  • PCOS

Hi I am 25 yrs old and 8 stone. I recently had an ultrasound done where multiple follicles were found. My doc believes I could be suffering from PCOS but has referred me to an endocrinologist for further tests. I also suffer from absent periods persistent acne and constant anxiety. My doc also did...

Last reply
  • PCOS+TTC

I am pcos patient and currently ttc. I am 26 and not so overweight. Taking metformin 1500 mg since 3 months now. My periods are a bit regular now (35 - 40 days) My dr prescribed Femoston but after taking it for like 5 days i started having pain in my neck. It has bulged out a bit. I am afraid i might...

Posted
  • PCOS?? Tests and questions

I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and have been on medication for over a year now. Up until a week ago, I was going in for bloodwork every 3 months to monitor it and see what the correct dosage is.  I finally got my numbers to be what my dotor wanted, and now I am continuing the dosage I...

Posted
  • Not having periods from 2 years

Hi,  I am 36 years old and weigh 165 lbs 5.1" . I have not been getting menses from past two years and my doctor here has diagnosed me with PCOS and has suggested me metformin and birth control pill to regularize my periods. I am scared about having metformin and birth control, can you suggest...

Last reply
  • Pregnancy w/ PCOS

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year around this time .. Before I was prescribed birth control so my periods could become regular, I had no periods at all. I am horrible about taking my pills on time and am normally behind by a couple of days .. I am sexually active with my boyfriend & have recently...

Posted
  • PCOS and no help...really?!

Hi, After irregular periods and bleeding between periods 2 years ago I was sent for an ultrasound and they found a 10cm Dermoid cyst and a polyp, I was also told I had polycystic ovaries, I was asked if I had any excess hair which I said yes to.  Dermoid and polyps were removed and nothing more...

Last reply
  • advice on pcos

I was diagnose with pcos on my 17th birthday . i was put on the pill from 17 till the age of 25. i am know 31 , but latley my period and symptoms have got worse . i have been back and forth to the docs my last period i was on for 11 weeks with 2 days break . i am on a lot of meds . my doc wants to put...

Last reply
  • Excess sweating with pcos :(

I just recently got diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome 2 months ago and I am on the dianette pill to help with my symptoms, which most of my symptoms seem better but I am finding it really hard to deal with the excess sweating. I don't even have to do much and I end up in a pool of sweat or...

Last reply
  • Clomid

Hey guys! Just wondering if you can help me... so me and partner been TTC for 2 years now got told i have PCOS.. i dont have regular periods and we had all tests done showed tubes fine sperm is high so weve been proscribed clomid. Took the clomid had scans every other day to check the follicles on...

Posted
  • Pcos a gynaecology issue??

Hi there, since 2006 i was diagnosed with PCOS and prone to having large cysts appear aswell as continious small ones in the pockets. I have been in agony, seen umpteen consultants who have had no idea what theyre talking about and only ever seen my own consultant once in 13years! So after taking medication...

Last reply
  • pcos??

I have had signs of pcos for a while now and I feel as if I should go to the doctors for it. I'm scared of the doctors in general, but extra scared about this. I have excessive hair growth, especially on my face. I had irregular periods, but have been regularized since I went on birth control like...

Last reply
  • Bouts of Depression during ovulation and before my period

I have pcos and I am starting to wonder if the condition exacerbates a problem that I have: A couple of times a month I experience small bouts of depression and anxiety, which I have worked out is related to when I'm ovulating and just before my period starts. I don't think that it's 'normal'...

Last reply
  • Pre Period Problems!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice.... the week before my period is due I have the worst PMS. I get extreme fatigue, extreme hunger, extreme sweatiness (and sometimes BO) and extreme hormonal mood swings! Does anybody else get any of these PMS symptoms and if so, any advice on...

Last reply
  • PCOS, no period, overweight and on Metformin

Hello everyone I was informed I have PCOS last year and it is only now I am doing something about it. Hubby and I are now trying for a baby. When I say trying, we have not used protection for a couple of years and I never gotten pregnant but now we are doing what we can. Anyway, I have always had irregular...

Last reply
  • PCOS patient

I am really scared for myself. I will be 25 by July, and I got to know I am a PCOS patient last year after trying many things for irregular cycle. My cycle comes naturally 3/4 times a year and I do not even know if I ovulate or not. What are the signs of ovulation for a PCOS patient please. Plus,...

Last reply
  • TTC pcos

I have pcos and taking metformin 1000mg for 3 months now. I had 2 cycles fairly regular on met but this month i am 3 days overdue. I took a HPT and it came back negative. Any suggestions? Also has anyone tried clomid to get pregnant? If yes, please hare your success stories. Cheers. Stay blessed....

Last reply
  • anyone else in pain with pcos?

It sounds strange but recently it has felt like my ovaries have been hurting, my stomach can be quite tender to touch where they are located and it feels like they are generally aching. I was just wondering if it was normal and if anyone else has experienced pain with pcos.

Last reply
  • pcos and pregnacy problem

i have pcos have a miss period feeling nauseous eveytime i eat headaches and dizziness took a home pregncy test came out fated positive then 2 days later took another one came out negative does this means im pregnat or not..can somebody help me please

Last reply
  • AM I PREGNANT OR ITS JUST A FALSE READING??

Hi there I've had the same problem. I used to be on the pill but came off the pill about a year ago because my boyfriend and I decided to start trying for a baby. We decided to give ourselves a year of just trying without any treatment ( hoping for the best) because of the irregular periods I have...

Posted
  • PCOS no symptoms, no family history, post-pill

Hi everyone, I have not had a period for 10 months, since coming off the combined contraceptive pill in October 2016. I was on the pill for 3 years. My doctor conducted blood tests on me and they all came back normal – no hormone problems or thyroid issues. I had an ultrasound and they detected polycystic...

Last reply
  • Heavy Discharge, Sore Breasts, Negative test

I am 34 years old and have PCOS and have had Amenorrhoea for last couple of years. i have intermittent sex with my partner, but don't use any contraceptive. I have been taking Fluoxetine antidepressant long term. For the last month or so,  i have had a very heavy vaginal discharge. It has the...

Last reply
  • Birth control & bleeding - does it help? Should I be concerned?

I was diagnosed with PCOS 13 years ago. Since then, I have only had irregular periods: going months without bleeding. However, 2-3 months ago, I started bleeding and have yet to stop. My OBGYN gave me birth control to start and I've been on it for 2 days now; but I noticed it's causing cramping....

Posted
  • PCOS first period in 2 years

Hi all I was diagnosed with PCOS around 5 years ago. I suffer daily with a number of the symptoms however I've always had problems with my periods as a result. My dr has put me on almost every contraceptive pill they can offer to try and control my extremely painful and heavy periods however 2...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.