Skip to content

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I’ve had weight gain for 2 years

I haven’t been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries but I believe I have it. My mum has got it but I’m having symptoms like; weight gain (I’ve gained 4 stone in 2 1/2 years), I have hair growing in a line down m abdomen and on my face. I can’t seem to get my weight gain uncontrol. It seems not matter what...

Posted
  • Bouts of Depression during ovulation and before my period

I have pcos and I am starting to wonder if the condition exacerbates a problem that I have: A couple of times a month I experience small bouts of depression and anxiety, which I have worked out is related to when I'm ovulating and just before my period starts. I don't think that it's 'normal'...

Last reply
  • Still not having a period after starting the birth control

I was diagnosed with PCOS after not having a period for over 2 years. After going to the doctor i was put on birth control and it caused me pain in my ovary area for the first few months and after the first few months i stopped having periods again except for minor spotting one day out of the week i...

Posted
  • Metformin for PCOS

Hey, I’m 25 years old and have been struggling to cope with excessive hair growth in most areas since i was 11. After wasting nearly £2000 on laser hair removal a few years ago my doctor finally referred me to the dermatologist who would like to put me on metformin or something similar. Is anyone...

Last reply
  • IPL to remove facial hair

Hi I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago and have been struggling to manage/deal with the excessive facial hair growth.  I wax and thread often but it is getting very time consuming to be doing constantly.  I was wondering whether if anyone has tried IPL to reduce the thickness and regrowth...

Last reply
  • PCOS

I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early teens due to my irregular periods, severe acne and lots of other unwanted symptoms. At that stage in my life I wasn’t concerned about children. Although now I am 23 years old I am starting to become concerned. Last year I broke up with my partner of 6 years. I honestly...

Last reply
  • PCOS JUST DIAGONOSED, HEARTBROKEN

Hello All, Just writing to see if anybody could offer any advice, I am completely devastated. So firstly, I am 26 years old. Vegetarian, weight train 4 times a week, eat very healthy and in shape. I was on microgynon till I was 22 but came off to give my body a break, I happened to suffer with awful...

Last reply
  • I need advice on unwanted facial and body hair.

Hi guys, I'm hoping to gain some insight and advice on a problem I have with PCOS; I get daily unwanted body hair (particularly bad around my chin and neck) as well as around my nipples, stomach and thighs. I've been to see a doctor who has said they could potentially have laser hair removal...

Last reply
  • Irregular period

Hi. Ive been having very irregular periods since going off the pill almost 2 years ago now.  However, almost 2 weeks ago I had very light spotting which lasted less than a day. Then about 3 days later I had very light spotting again this time with period pain and I was sure it was my period (even...

Posted
  • Questions on the type of medication to treat PCOS

I’m 17 and I just got diagnosed with pcos two or three months ago. They gave me some type of pill so my period can come on then put me on birth control pills to “regulate” my period and horomones. But from seeing all the other women with this diagnosis , not many were put on birth control ... I don’t...

Last reply
  • PCOS and Period.

Hi everyone, I am new to this, I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago, I am 23, I had my period two weeks ago for 5 days (which is unusual for me) after not having one for 6 months now I'm finishing another one, has anyone had this problem before? Having two in one month.

Last reply
  • Severe pain for the past week

Hi all! So I’ve been experiencing pain on my left side, from my pelvis up to my ribs and around my lower back. It started as a dull ache (similar to period cramps) that came and went, but for the past 2 days it’s constant and very sharp.  I don’t have a high temperature and I’ve been to the GP...

Posted
  • Constant bleeding with pcos

After a year and a half of bleeding constantly, I plucked up the courage to go to the drs. My periods have always been regular, 6 weeks apart and heavy and painful. Firstly she did swabs and a blood test, both came back normal-clearly this is not normal. She didn't seem too bothers though, after...

Last reply
  • Pcos at 37

Ok so I thought I was going through early menopause as it runs in the family but told today my blood test has come back showing pco, I’ve had 3 children and my tubes removed, for contraceptive purposes, I’m lost how I’ve never had troubles with this in the past, when reading up yes I know I shouldn’t...

Posted
  • Pcos Breast pain in one breast

Hi. I’ve been recently diagnosed with pcos showing I have 12 cysts on one of my overaries as I’ve been having irregular periods for a number of months. Just wondering if anyone has had or does have Breast pain in just one Breast and their chest. I’ve been to the docs and they don’t think there’s anything...

Last reply
  • HELP!

I've been struggling to conceive for 3 years,tried a few supplements to help but nothing so far! Is there anyone's in particular anyone would recommend please thank you x

Last reply
  • Worried

Hi , i just wanted to know if there is similar situation there like me,..i have took primulot n as prescribed by my oby to induce my period..but after taking it for 7 days thrice a week..after 5 days of stopping the primulot, i have this spotting only..is it normal?im expecting to have a normal period...

Posted
  • Please help.

I have PCOS and haven’t had a perio in 3 years until this week. It’s been extremely heavy and doubly painful, what does this mean? Is there any cause for me to see a GP? 

Last reply
  • Does this sound like PCOS?

So my periods used to be pretty regular, but about a year ago I stopped having periods for about 6 months, and now that they've returned I no longer get any cramping and they're much lighter, although they do last a bit longer. I have some other symptoms like difficulty losing weight and excess...

Posted
  • Help

Hi all I really need some advice. I have the symptoms of PCOS: irregular periods that fluctuate with weight gain, excess facial hair, oily skin and acne .. but when I was tested my scans came back fine (I had 2) and as did my bloods. Saying this, the doctor said I could still have PCOS. Anyway. I Am...

Last reply
  • Anyone have an ovary removed?

I’ve struggled with PCOS since my first menstration as a chubby 14 year old. As such, I’m no stranger to cysts or all the great symptoms they come with. However, in the last 5 years I have had 4 cancer scares thanks to the complex cysts my trouble-child left ovary keeps pumping out. Most recently i went...

Posted
  • PCOS - what’s the latest you’ve been?

Hi, I have PCOS so I rarely have periods. This is the longest gap it’s been since I’ve had a period, it’s been 88 days now.. I’ve booked a doctors appointment however I wanted to find out how many months any of you ladies with PCOS have gone without a period? Thank you x

Last reply
  • One polycystic ovary - normal periods and hormone levels

Hi all, Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply I’m 24 years old and I have been dealing with significant weight gain, abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, fatigue for the last 7 months or so. I went to my GP, who ordered some bloods (full bloods, thyroid testing, coeliac, hormone panel etc)...

Last reply
  • Pcso or pregnancy??

I hadn't had my period in 3 months I have had all the pregnancy symptoms but negative tests I went to the ER to explain and also BC I've had really bad cramping he suggested that it was PCSO BC I have belly hair from shaving my belly when I was younger.... No testes was done or anything and...

Last reply
  • Possibly got PCOS

Hi just looking for some advice! I recently went to the doctors about not having a period in now 114 days and my blood results came back yesterday and was told not to worry that there was nothing serious that the results came back not showing anything but could possibly have polycystic ovaries! I have...

Last reply
  • PCOS - tips on conceiving

Due to get married in 6 weeks time. We want a family but I have PCOS. My Doctor has assured me that not all women with PCOS have trouble getting pregnant but any tips and advice from you ladies would be great. I have regular periods although my cycle is about 35-40 days. And how do you know if you actually...

Last reply
  • 5th Round Of Chlomid

Hello, my husband and I have been ttc for nearly 2 years, I've had an ultra sound and internal scan, an HSG test, had 3 cycles of 50mg Chlomid which was unsuccessful and now had 2 scycles of 100mg which has worked in regards to ovulation but still no pregnancy I am not over weight and very active,...

Last reply
  • Drs can't help

I'm looking for some help. I've had pcos since I was 16 I'm now 28. Up until few years a go I was on dianette no issues it helped with  the hirutism and acne. They did tell me at 16 I would be lucky to conceive due to my condition. They then decided due  to my weight I couldn't...

Posted
  • My doctors aren’t helping me at all, what should I do?

Hi everyone, I’m hoping you can all help me! A few months ago I went to the doctors with prolonged periods. The consistency of them had changed and I was in a lot of pain. They did an ultrasound and came to the conclusion it was “probably pcos”. They’ve not helped me since, I keep going back asking for...

Last reply
  • In pain

Are there any PCOS ladies already on birth control I have the IUD Mirena and hormone pills but I have unbearable cramps in the morning like cramps where I don't want to get out of the bed they come throughout the day and all they keep giving me a 800 mg ibuprofen.

Last reply
  • The mini pill

I was put in the mini pill because due to PCOS I didn’t have periods.  Since being on the pill I’ve noticed changes in my mood and other issues so would rather just stay away from the pill completely.  Does coming off the pill affect anything?  Or do I need to be on it? 

Posted
  • PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

Hi everybody, I was told by my gp two days ago that I have pcos after having a blood test to check my hormone levels. I asked him what we could do and he said "you could take the pill, look on the nhs and patient.info websites and come back and see me when you've decided". (not exactly...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.