Skip to content

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • PCOS AND VITEX??

Hello everyone! I'm really hoping someone can offer some advice after a recent diagnosis of PCOS. Im 27 and my Gyne has put me on Cerazette for 3 months to shut down any ovulation due my the cysts keeping hold of any released eggs making it so I do not currently ovulate. I've been reading a lot...

Last reply
  • PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

Hi everybody, I was told by my gp two days ago that I have pcos after having a blood test to check my hormone levels. I asked him what we could do and he said "you could take the pill, look on the nhs and patient.info websites and come back and see me when you've decided". (not exactly...

Last reply
  • Brown spotting for around 3 weeks, what could it be?

Hi, I’ve been diagnosed with pcos for about 3 1/2 years now, I came of contraception about 3 1/2 years ago. We aren’t actively Ttc but thought if it happens it happens (so far it hasn’t) I generally don’t get periods at all but have had brown spotting/bleeding for around 3 weeks now, today I’ve had very...

Last reply
  • I need some help and guidance.

I'm new to this but I thought this would be the best place to go with some help. So some background information on me is that I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 years old. I am about to be 21 soon. Well I've been I'll for 8 months now. I've been nauseous everyday usually after...

Last reply
  • Help

Hey guys after years of excessive hair growth, weight gain, and irregular periods I finally was told I had pcos. I’ve actually complained about these problems since I was about 13 and doctors would tell me it’s just because I’m young everything will balance itself out as I get older, now 21 and I just...

Last reply
  • anyone else in pain with pcos?

It sounds strange but recently it has felt like my ovaries have been hurting, my stomach can be quite tender to touch where they are located and it feels like they are generally aching. I was just wondering if it was normal and if anyone else has experienced pain with pcos.

Last reply
  • Pcos and dry eyes?

I am 21 years old and i got diagnosed with pcos at 16. I had 20/20 vision up until last year. I was experiencing blurry vision on and off but it was mild. A few months ago it started to get more severe where now i have blurry vison every day and all day. Its worse at night. A few months ago i went...

Last reply
  • Ultrasound results and need advice

Hi guys, First time poster here. Quick background: I am 26 (almost 27) with severe period pain and periods which used to be every 24 days but now cycle is about 31-33 days. A few years ago had an ultrasound which showed some cysts so was put on the mini pill which i stopped taking in September. I am...

Last reply
  • Hair Loss Help

I’ve had PCOS for a year and a half now and experienced slight hair loss on my scalp. I’m lucky that I had a lot of hair to begin with so while it bothered me, I wasn’t freaking out about it. WELL in the past month my hair loss has increased drastically and I am beginning to freak out. What have people...

Last reply
  • PCOS, pain and discharge?

Hi, new to this forum. I'm 24 and got diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome about 2.5 years ago (problems started before this). I started my periods when I was 10 years old and have always been VERY heavy and very painful, they make me very weak and quite poorly. For the past 3 years I have...

Last reply
  • Pcos

3 months ago I had spotting for two days and pelvic pain persisted. My gynae doubted pcod and told me get an ultrasound done. I was diagnosed with polycystic enlarged ovaries and bulky cervix. Can pcos cause bulky cervix? Is anyone else experiencing the same condition? I have been takining normoz and...

Posted
  • More than likely have PCOS, any advice please??

Hi, new to this.. I have just recently went the to doctors about my periods.. i had previously googled symptoms and reasons and PCOS did come up and i do have most of the symptoms.. im 21, and since about 16 ive not have a regular period but i never thought anything of it (stupidly) until i told my mum...

Last reply
  • How to find out if I need to be tested more?

So this is a bit long winded, but I don't really know where else to go. Please bear with me, and if you have any thoughts, or have gone through what, I am in need of advice. I approached my GP a few months back because I wasn't getting my period. At the time it had been about two years without...

Last reply
  • HELP!

I've been struggling to conceive for 3 years,tried a few supplements to help but nothing so far! Is there anyone's in particular anyone would recommend please thank you x

Last reply
  • Possible PCOS

Hi everyone. I am totally new to this forum and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I have not currently been diagnosed with pcos but I do have just about all of the symptoms for it. My Gp said that my blood tests came back clear but in the process of waiting for an ultrasound scan. As myself and...

Posted
  • PCOS JUST DIAGONOSED, HEARTBROKEN

Hello All, Just writing to see if anybody could offer any advice, I am completely devastated. So firstly, I am 26 years old. Vegetarian, weight train 4 times a week, eat very healthy and in shape. I was on microgynon till I was 22 but came off to give my body a break, I happened to suffer with awful...

Last reply
  • Pcos signs and symptoms

Hi everyone. First time I've ever done anything like this, it's long winded but keep reading please. I was diagnosed with pcos 16 years ago (now 33) anyway I haven't had a period for 14 months I have been on metformin for 7 years. However I recently stopped smoking (9 months ago) and have...

Last reply
  • I’ve had weight gain for 2 years

I haven’t been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries but I believe I have it. My mum has got it but I’m having symptoms like; weight gain (I’ve gained 4 stone in 2 1/2 years), I have hair growing in a line down m abdomen and on my face. I can’t seem to get my weight gain uncontrol. It seems not matter what...

Last reply
  • Anyone else have PCOS and Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)?

In the past year I've been diagnosed with both PCOS and HS (hidradenitis suppurativa). I know that woman with PCOS are more likely to develop HS, since hormone imbalances are thought to play a role in the disease. Well I've been searching everywhere trying to find discussions from others...

Posted
  • Still not having a period after starting the birth control

I was diagnosed with PCOS after not having a period for over 2 years. After going to the doctor i was put on birth control and it caused me pain in my ovary area for the first few months and after the first few months i stopped having periods again except for minor spotting one day out of the week i...

Last reply
  • Desperate for help! PCOS?

I am so scared I might have PCOS. I have been gaining so much weight, I have TERRIBLE anxiety (constant knots/tension and bloating in my gut), excessive hair growth (chin, nipples, lower stomach, and down my thighs), swollen/full boobes, acne, swollen legs. But I do have a regular period.  My question...

Last reply
  • Bouts of Depression during ovulation and before my period

I have pcos and I am starting to wonder if the condition exacerbates a problem that I have: A couple of times a month I experience small bouts of depression and anxiety, which I have worked out is related to when I'm ovulating and just before my period starts. I don't think that it's 'normal'...

Last reply
  • Metformin for PCOS

Hey, I’m 25 years old and have been struggling to cope with excessive hair growth in most areas since i was 11. After wasting nearly £2000 on laser hair removal a few years ago my doctor finally referred me to the dermatologist who would like to put me on metformin or something similar. Is anyone...

Last reply
  • IPL to remove facial hair

Hi I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago and have been struggling to manage/deal with the excessive facial hair growth.  I wax and thread often but it is getting very time consuming to be doing constantly.  I was wondering whether if anyone has tried IPL to reduce the thickness and regrowth...

Last reply
  • PCOS

I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early teens due to my irregular periods, severe acne and lots of other unwanted symptoms. At that stage in my life I wasn’t concerned about children. Although now I am 23 years old I am starting to become concerned. Last year I broke up with my partner of 6 years. I honestly...

Last reply
  • I need advice on unwanted facial and body hair.

Hi guys, I'm hoping to gain some insight and advice on a problem I have with PCOS; I get daily unwanted body hair (particularly bad around my chin and neck) as well as around my nipples, stomach and thighs. I've been to see a doctor who has said they could potentially have laser hair removal...

Last reply
  • Irregular period

Hi. Ive been having very irregular periods since going off the pill almost 2 years ago now.  However, almost 2 weeks ago I had very light spotting which lasted less than a day. Then about 3 days later I had very light spotting again this time with period pain and I was sure it was my period (even...

Posted
  • Questions on the type of medication to treat PCOS

I’m 17 and I just got diagnosed with pcos two or three months ago. They gave me some type of pill so my period can come on then put me on birth control pills to “regulate” my period and horomones. But from seeing all the other women with this diagnosis , not many were put on birth control ... I don’t...

Last reply
  • PCOS and Period.

Hi everyone, I am new to this, I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago, I am 23, I had my period two weeks ago for 5 days (which is unusual for me) after not having one for 6 months now I'm finishing another one, has anyone had this problem before? Having two in one month.

Last reply
  • Severe pain for the past week

Hi all! So I’ve been experiencing pain on my left side, from my pelvis up to my ribs and around my lower back. It started as a dull ache (similar to period cramps) that came and went, but for the past 2 days it’s constant and very sharp.  I don’t have a high temperature and I’ve been to the GP...

Posted
  • Constant bleeding with pcos

After a year and a half of bleeding constantly, I plucked up the courage to go to the drs. My periods have always been regular, 6 weeks apart and heavy and painful. Firstly she did swabs and a blood test, both came back normal-clearly this is not normal. She didn't seem too bothers though, after...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.