Cysts on left ovary but don’t know what’s going on!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Since coming off of the pill in september 2020 my periods became irregular. from september to december 2020 I had no period at all but had a very dull ache on my lower left side of my abdomen. i called the doctors asking what i should do on regards to this and they sent me to the aexual health clinic and i got tested for STDs and infections and it came back as positive for thrush and Bacterial vaginosis.

they treated me for those with metronidazole and a thrush pessary but within days of having the treatment it came back and id say for 3 months straight it was back and forth being tested and treated. the last time i went to the clinic they told me it wasnt BV or thrush but it was a Bladder infection but told me to contact my doctors in regards to my irregular periods as typically they wouldnt cause missed periods. so i called the doctors and they told me not to take the antibiotics they gave to me at the clinic and they tested me there for STDs and infections which again came back as BV and thrush so again, more treatment for that. completed it but it came back again. in regards to my pain in my lower left side they told me to wait a few months to see if it worsens or if my periods come back normally but within 1 month i was uncomfortable with this so told them id prefer to have it checked out.

i got in for an ultrasound scan which showed i had cysts on my lower left ovaries and after this they wanted me to have a blood test which i did.the blood test came back normal so i dont have PCOS but this still doesnt explain my lack of periods so im a bit confused.

can anyone suggest anything for me to try?

both for my periods and for the fact that BV and thrush both keep coming back.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.