Someone Please HELP!!!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Someone please help...

I am 22, I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was about 14/15. I have always had really bad period pains and irregular periods but the past few years it has gotten a lot worse. I have had several cysts burst over the past few years and have also had one grow in my Fallopian tube. Back in November 2020 I had another scan and was told the cysts had gotten worse, and are destroying my ovaries and they also believe I have Endometriosis.

I have a gynaecology appointment on the 11th Feb 2021. (Thursday). I've been waiting for this appointment since my scan results came back in November. The appointment is to discuss my next options, which I've already been told it's looking at surgery to remove my ovaries because I've tried all other methods and medication to help control the cysts and symptoms and they have all failed.

I've never had an operation in my life... I am 22 and without kids (which doesn't really bother me). But can someone give me advice on what to expect for Thursday and if someone has had the surgery some advice on what to expect with the operation... what they do? how long it takes? the recovery time? etc... just needing some support really more than anything.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.