My girlfriend fail to lose weight from PCOS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I've been with my girlfriend for 2 years (she's 28 now), and she is getting sad (maybe not depressed yet), because she can't manage to lose weight.

She has been recently diagnosed with PCOS (although she suspected it for years), and she tried different medicine, but so far no luck. I think she tried Metformin and Contrav, but she couldn't support them. She's on a new med right now for the past few months but I forgot the name.

However, she is telling me that she carefully watch what she is eating and training at the gym several times a week, and still gain weight (fat, not muscles).

I'm trusting her when she says that, but I'm just wondering: is it possible to really gain weight (fat) when you're controlling your food and exercising like she's doing?

I thought that maybe she was cheating, and I kind of tried to ask her without being rude, but I understood that she didn't like I ask the question.

I am trusting her, but at the same time, it doesn't seem physically possible for me to gain weight if you're controlling you food and exercising as much as she does.

So I'd like to know if people are in the same situation? If it's possible? How it works then (because fat has to be created from something)?

She tried different diet (keto, and other stuff), but it doesn't seem to work.

I know she managed to lose some weight before I met her, but she had to stop her pill at some point to run some tests, and she told me that it's all messed up since then (she's taking her pill again now).

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, i have pcos and tried for years to lose weight .. eating right and exercise i would lose 20-30 lbs but never mentained it. i ended up getting a gastric sleeve to lose wieght and even with that i lost very slowly .. hope that helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.