PCOS- my struggle with BC

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I am writing here to see if anyone else feels the same way as me, or is going through the same situation, because I am feeling quite alone. I am now 20 years old, and since I got my first period at 14, they have always been extremely iregular. Sometimes I would just experience spotting and no other symptoms, and other times I would have excessive bleeding with unmanageable cramps. Eventually, I stopped getting my period all together. I went a few months with no period, and was diagnosed at age 20 with PCOS. I am now on birth control, and I have not stopped bleeding. I am cramping 24/7, crying at everything, and bleeding through a super tampon and pad in under 3 hours. My doctor says to ride it out for at least 3 months, but I'm getting extremely frustrated, and my escalated hormones arent helping. The thought of dealing with this for 3 months is terrifying and making me extremely mad. Anyone else going through this and can maybe offer advice or motivation? Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.