Constant bleeding with pcos

Posted , 5 users are following.

After a year and a half of bleeding constantly, I plucked up the courage to go to the drs. My periods have always been regular, 6 weeks apart and heavy and painful. Firstly she did swabs and a blood test, both came back normal-clearly this is not normal. She didn't seem too bothers though, after another three months I went back, not happy. She then got me to hVe an untrasound, which of course is when she diagnosed me with pcos! Brilliant so now I had a name for it. But she still did nothing, anyway I kept going back and then she referred me to a gynecologist who told me to lose weight and try metformin 500mg, this was brilliant worked fine for 6 months and then the dreaded bleeding came back. So back I go, she prescribed me double metformin, so 1000mg the mini pill to stop bleeding and ordered me to get some more blood tests(waiting for results) since being on the mini pill I came out Ina horrible rash and my bleeding is WORSE so bad that I am in bad pain and pass horrible big clots that I can actually feel coming down and it is soooo painful. I really am getting fed up, my symptoms have become worse after loosing 1.5 stone!

Anyone else had constant bleeding rather than going without periods for years? X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi I know you posted this 4 years ago. Just curious as to whether or not everything was just down to pcos. I've had pcos for about 12 years and the last year I've had spotting or very light bleeding almost everyday. I am getting an ultrasound done tomorrow but I did get one last year just showing the usual pcos, also in at a pap smear and another swab taken as I was also getting brown discharge at times and all come back fine. I did also have vitamin b12 deficiency but the last blood test showed all my hormones and bloods were perfect about 3 months ago.

Is this the sort of stuff that happened to you?

• Posted

This is happening to me but I haven't been diagnosed! My resent test results were just like yours Melissa but something is wrong. I start a new doc on Friday the 13th and am hoping for relief!

• Posted

Hi Marissa just following up what your results ended up being? I am also the Melissa that you replied to previously just a new account smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.