Constant Bleeding recently diagnosed PCOS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i have recently been diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 37. My main problem is i am constantly bleeding. sometimes really heavy and large clots, then days can be quite light but still bleeding. (it's been around 6 months now with about 1/2 week break) I'm not on the pill or taking any other medication other than tranexamic acid to help lighten the bleeding but as soon as i stop taking this it goes back to being heavy again. I'm still waiting for Gynecologist appointment but have a feeling it will be months. Its just really getting me down now and i am constantly feeling drained and so tired. just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and found anything that has helped at all. Thanks x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I was in a similar situation. I bleed for over 8 months. A GP put me on provera for 6 weeks to reset my body. I stopped bleeding after a few days and havent bleed since

• Posted

I have been experiencing constant bleeding as well but I am on birth control. The only days I dont bleed is when Im on the sugar pill for that pack. Im hoping my body is just regulating to the pills but im not sure.

• Posted

I completely sympathise with what you've said I've been bleeding non stop for over 2 years and have been started on Tranexamic acid which isn't working and now I've been prescribed Mefenamic acid but there isn't enough help especially as I'm 33 and would like a child at some point but all they can offer is meds that affect your hormones. I'm at the end of my tether with it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.