Recently diagnosed over the phone had no support!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I'm 34 years old, i had my thyroid removed at the beginning of the year due to Graves disease & a very poorly controlled over active thyroid. My Graves was diagnosed in 2017, I wasnt having any kind of periods not even spotting since around that time but it was put down to the Graves disease...as was every other thing i spoke to my GP about, including frequent urination, pelvic pain and more recently ..from about 2019 i was experiencing extremely sharp pains in my kidney region. I had a CT scan of my lower abdominal area in 2019 & it came back fine so again was blamed on my Graves disease.

I had my thyroid surgically removed in January this year but i am still yet to have a period, im still urinating alot especially at night and i still get these excruciatingly sharp pains in my kidney area, So in August I was sent for an ultrasound scan of my abdomen, whilst I was there though they decided to do an internal pelvic scan but noone said anything they just scanned and sent me on my way and I heard nothing back....until this past week!!

I had a telephone call from the doctors to tell me my scan results, the phonecall was so brief it literally lasted 4 minutes! I was told i have PCOS but not to worry she'd send me a text message so i could read up all about it myself and that if i had any questions i could find the answers online!!!!

I already suffer from depression and anxiety and this really hasnt helped, i went for a scan to check for kidney stones theres never been any discussion about PCOS so i have so many questions especially about the kidney pain and pelvic pain and frequent urination, im not happy at all.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.