'Eye disease dystrophy.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi so I don't usually use forums but I'm really hoping to seek some input from people with conditions like mine.

I'm 24 a mother and general all round good health. Now 2 years ago I went to the opyitiob with a sore eye, expecting it to be something like conjunctivitis It wasnt, this needed hospital treatment. I got diagnosed with supposed herpes virus (not the genital type, the cold sore type). My eye had a ulcer covering my pupil, that was the most pain of ever felt. After a week of drops and tablets it was over. Two weeks later it happened again, and so on. Now 6 months ago it got worse the consultant got involved and said I was misdiagnosed that's why nothing was working , it turnt out this was a corneal dystrophy. My vision has lessend by 20%! Since being on the right treatment it's layed off a little but the damage to my right eye was so bad one day the epithiliam layer came away. They saw red and didn't know what to do so then referred me to a special eye hospital. Last Wednesday I went up for surgery, I didn't expect to get a valid answer or another change in opinion. But within seconds my consultant told me I had the hereditry disease, a lattice, and I have some abnormal lump type things on the back of my eyes he even showed me the photos and explained in great detail. I was sent straight up for pk lazer which had to be done twice due to how bad the damage was. I'm recovering okay now, I cant see properly still but im sure it will get there. Iv just been reading through my notes to find out I also have an odd cell growth. What this means is my cells from any part of my body can change, ie skin or even cells out my urine can change to form more cells on my eyes. Has anyone experienced this? I'm relived I have one eye on the mend but I'm scared the surgery may fail or there may still be complications. I guess I just want others experiences not a professional that doesn't know the pain etc. No one around my area has any knowledge or experience with this it would be lovely to speak to someone who's going through or been through it. I feel so odd and like people just don't want to know because they don't get it. Xx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.