*feeling sick all the time*

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi can anybody else tell me if they constantly feel sick with Ankylosing spondylitis??? I'm being tested for the condition at the moment just wondering if anybody else suffers from this

Thankyou

Nat

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sick as in nausea?  Not feeling too well is my norm. 24/7.  What I wouldn't give to be able to stand up straight........
    • Posted

Hi - yes just seeing very nauseous all the time with no energy and soooo tired. Just wondered if the nausea is somethings others have found also??
  • Posted

I know I felt horrible, like full of inflammation, it seemed at my core until 3 weeks after my first dose of sulfasalazine. Got progressively better for about 6 months then all he'll broke loose and it's been a rollercoaster since! Pain daily,nausea, you name it. I'm told to just stay positive
    • Posted

Hi - what are they doing now for you ?? I'm so fed up of constant pain. Always feeling so damn tired and this sickness feeling is awful just didn't know if the sickness is something others have experienced
    • Posted

I'm on humira for right at 3 months.....I'm in a "flare up" at the moment so it's hard to know if the meds are failing or ????? But that's what I'm learning myself, is that it is not so easy to get a handel on this issue. And it seems I'm in a flare up ALOT. ...lol. I totally hear you about the pain, it changed my life literally! Hot water, hot tubs and movement helps me a ton!
    • Posted

Thankyou for replying hearing I'm not alone makes me understand it abit more - been in pain for 4 years now just want to try and get some control and a part of my life back - do you work as I'm struggling with balancing that in my life at the moment
    • Posted

I'm not right now but have been up to this point....however my doctor just mentioned going on social security. ..I live n the u.s.a.,not that it matters ☺....I only work out of pure necessity. ...
  • Posted

I have had episodes that I would be in so much pain that my spine felt like it was compressing. Eventually I would become nauseated enough and barf. I started the "low starch" diet ~ 3 years ago and it seemed to help a-lot. According to my chiropractor my spine is almost completely fused. I have had this crap for ~ 20 years now, have been on Methotrexate and Remecade for ~12 years and am considering changing to another biological. Remecade does not seem to be the answer any more.
  • Posted

I do feel sick a lot, I think it is the compression. I also have pains across my chest, in my neck, shoulders, down both arms, spine, and hips. Sounds depressing, but actually you do get used to it of sorts.

I am sometimes physically sick too. It is definitely worth making sure you eliminate all other possible medical reasons, but if the answer is does it cause you to feel sick then the answer is yes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.