??? Fibromyalgia

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. I posted here before but I've been getting ruled out for other issues. Long story but for years I have had aches and pains muscle and joint etc. and it seems each day it's a new pain. So past two months I had lung issue then two UTI and then what theybare calling an allergic immune response to something. Anyhow I was worked up for numerous issues and every test I had was negative. So what I am left with are some symptoms. So I am curious if it's fibro. Going back a few years ago I had unexplained lymph nodes large with left foot swelling and all tests negative then. No one knew why my foot was swollen. I had other symptoms and saw a rheumatologist who said minor fibro probably but everything was poo pooed and on I went. I've dealt with the pains etc. I push though my day no matter what with family and busy kids etc. so my questions are would fibro cause this enlarged nodes years ago and currently I have fog, dizziness. Feel faint at times. My biggest complaint is my skin feels like it's burning. It's making me crazy. I even was worked up for another UTI or my OB checked for infection too bc both were negative but I have this awful burning. My skin just hurts. And I have awful aches and pains. How severe can fibro pain be? I am just getting back to work and last week I was so busy I could have cried the pain was excruciating. I also have awful plantar fasciitis in one foot. It's awful to walk. It just hurts. And I need to exercise but it hurts. Sometimes I feel like I am walking in sand and getting no where fast. I am gonna check to see a rheumatologist but I believe the one in my area is not that great so I have to investigate. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree Lisa, I've had fibromyalgia for many years and lately the worst part is my wrists feel like they are on fire the pain is crazy, everything that you've stated I can relate to, you will find all sorts of different symptoms and learn what to do, it's hard but I think the answer is coping best you can when you have various aches, pains, fog, dizziness etc, it's not easy but you will get there. X

• Posted

I have a theory. Its not a crap shoot..and it involves years of looking a pubmed clinicals, trying different doctors AND some random self sleuthing.

I have Hashimotos (autoimmune), Hypothyroid, Fibromyalgia, Lichen Sclerosis/Planus and Hypermobility Syndrom (probably not related to the thyroid more of a genetic hand-me-down.)

Now a few years ago I was looking on PubMed clinicals about hypothyroidism and a rats study. The study was forcing rats to be hypothyroid. Results was it caused them to age slower. Doubling their lifespan!!! I've always wondered why Im the only one I know in my mid 40s that doesn't have to dye my hair.  No Grays...but one random one a year ago!!!  Am I aging slower?

Fibromyalgia. A real pain in the muscles. You can literally feel gravity and it's painful. Fatigue. Can't bend down without using a chair or table top to get up. Cant get to sleep..and can't get up. Stairs are a nightmare...and why does it feel like I'm dragging an anvil around on the street when I walk. etc.  Most days you feel like your 90s years old...good day...55!  But you will have that RANDOM ONE or two days a month..where you rush to get all your chores or laundry done in a day because you don't know when you will feel like 38 yrs old again.

Lichen sclerosis...for us girls..the regular OBGYN just wants to do yearly pap and prescribe for yeast infections..because let's face it....they don't want to deal with weird autoimmune diseases...its not their thing. BUT when you got this...the itch never stops. It feels like bugs or ants crawling and biting you down there 24/7....and OBs don't want to treat diseases...because lets' face it..its' a SKIN DISEASE which they know nothing about treating. Go to a Dermatologist...they have better answers than just steroid creams. My Protopic med saved the day!!! and it's not a steroid cream.

Rheumatologists really only prescribe medicine for pain. They can't really do much.

Exzema, Psoraisis and rough skin.

Yep..I found something that helps the Fibro and Skin.  I could never explain why I would have these two random awesome days a month where I felt like i was in 40s..my real age. It turns out I go to approx 2 catered events a month where they serve fresh fruit..and I usually take 2 or 3 chunks of pineapple. It takes 24-48 hours...but it turns out bromelain would reduce my pain 70-80%. Lyria or savella..would do like 20-30%. 

Ive been buying pineapple every week and cutting it fresh for the bromelain. It turns out bromelain Forces your cells to rejuvenite faster. Skin, Tastebuds,..eventually it goes throughout your muscles and body.

My husband was also eating pineapple with me for two weeks straight. after 2 weeks...he asked me to rub his back...after 12 years..I never felt his skin so smooth and silky. He does have a rougher skin on his back...I thought this is weird. Is this from all the pineapple we were eating...so I reached back and felt my butt....WOW...it felt so smooth and silky!!...bonus score!!!

My theory..most people with these autoimmune diseases also are hypothyroid...which causes you to age slower...and possibly trigger other side effects like chronic fatigue..psoraisis..etc...but the damage you do to your body everyday does not get repaired during sleep like normal people. The bromelain FORCES your cells to rejuvenate at a closer to regular speed.

That is my theory....beause I'm going on 2 months now of eating pineapple and feeling like Im in my 30s....and if I don't eat it...about 48 hours.....I start to decline into 90 year old person.

Try it. has to be FRESH CUT. Cut off the top and eat 1" thick layers. Turn upside-down on a plate in the fridge...and cut off a new slice every day.

It's the Bromelain!!! Also helps with swelling!

Two other superfoods I've used: Asparagus or watermellon... for water retention.

Within two hours my fingers lose a ring size!!

Please try the pineapple...after a week..see what happens...it cannot hurt.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing this with us all Kubui, can't wait to give it a go..I have about 4 autoimmune issues too including psoriasis ...be blessed and have a lovely day..💐💐😘

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience Kubie! I have been eating Pineapple lately. My husband grows it at his work so we do have some real fresh ones at times. Australia is good for growing some specific fruit most of the year. Amazing benefits from Bromelain. Managing our condition can be a major puzzle and we gradually learn to fill in some of the important pieces. Nice when we can share what works best for us. Thanks again sweetie! Maggie xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much, you described my life to a tee! I'm going to try the pineapple, anytime I hear from a fellow sufferer I know it's worth a shot, I'll let you know of any progresss xx

• Posted

Ok. I do have hypothyroid also. Weirdly is I have been craving pineapple lately. Ate two about two weeks ago and just bought one yesterday. I buy the one they core and take skin off though. Should I be buying the whole fresh one and cut myself? Thanks.

• Posted

Yes. The core has the most bromelain. It helps with inflammation. You can't actually eat it because it's too toug or fibrous. But I throw it in the nutra ninja and use it in my smoothies and juices to get the most benefit from it.

• Posted

The pineapples in Britain are so bland, I think their out of season, any ideas on how to make it taste edible lol xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.