|Good Afternoon Everyone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I drop you all a line as the forum has been very quiet again!!

How is everyone getting on?  I'm still not drinking but do really fancy a glass of wine every now and then.  I've decided to not give in as I am worried that I would not be able to stop at one glass (however big the glass was - I have been known to drink pints of wine before) so have made the decision not to test myself.

I think I am now addicted to coffee though!!  How much is safe to drink - I'm on about 6+ big cups a day.

All the best

Humpty xxx

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

After the excitement dies down, Naltrexites like myself are left with having to deal with a normal life.

I've gone back to work and have an easy job that is quite well paid and I'm good at. I'm able to toggle the hours to give myself an early start Monday to Friday, which makes late night weekday boozing impossible if I want to stay in work.

I can have a drink on a Saturday like a normal person and I might have one tonight, but I'll take the pill first. But I might not have a drink. Drink isn't as important as it used to be. Though I think I'd rather be tee-total than be a normal person.

My life is really pretty good and it would be terrible if I went back to my old ways. But ethanol addiction, once it takes hold, is forever and one can never really drop their guard. 

Just wait until the day you decide to stop drinking coffee. I found my coffee withdrawal symptoms to be worse than my alcohol ones!

• Posted

Good to hear from you. The forum has been exceptionally quiet the last month. I agree! Has everyone been cured i wonder? You seem to be doing fine. I would not worry about your coffees apart from stopping you from sleeping perhaps...
    • Posted

It has been very quiet Robin.Hope you and your family are wellhave had a few problems signing in but it seems ok today. Be nice to think everyone was 'cured ' . It is possible ! I am currently reading Roy Esakapa's Cure for Alcoholism. Its a long overdue read for me , I really should have read it when I started the Sinclair method .A fascinating read !

• Posted

That's one of the exciting things about Naltrexone. It offers a cure and then you can get on with living your life.

That was the major reason why I avoided AA and the 12 steps, I got the feeling that with AA you had to spend the rest of your life 'recovering' without ever getting better!

I didn't want the rest of my life to be defined by an illness (or chemical imbalance) that I took some medicine for. I wanted a clean break.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.