*GRAPHIC* Is this a tapeworm or am I going insane?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I found this after waking up with cramps and immediately went to the toilet. I had reasons to believe that I might have a parasite infestation because I have been feeling very ill mainly neurological (brain fog, anxiety, short temper, mild high pitched ringing in the ears, trouble concentrating and something like memory loss but this is part of the brain fog,  moody, apathy and lethargy, sometimes icepick headaches, sometimes light sensitivity and trouble focusing my eyes (maybe you can call it double vision but I don't know what it is since I've never been that drunk), fatigue, bruxism, insomnia, but not from anal itching, although I do experience it from time to time but can't say if it's my nerves or worms,  convulsions, disorientation, confusion. Scared to go to a psychiatrist because I feel he might diagnose me with schizophrenia or something of the line because of my terrible short term memory) have nearly constant 36.8~37.2C and have lost 7 kg in the last 4 months due to loss of appetite and at the same time a weird stomach unease like I'm always hungry. I also feel really tired and can't sleep well at night. I'm having a sinus congestion since this all started with a mild cough and sometimes rough voice and random but sharp pains in the lower part of my lungs although this happens rarely. I have a white tongue and bad breath. It's all accompanied by occasional gut cramps and nausea but rarely. This came out in my stool after starting probiotics but I had not eaten anything to look like that and it also had a lot of mucus around it. I didn't pick it up because I had just sent the other day a stool sample where I definitely saw little dead pinworms and I was really confident that the test would prove it, but it came back negative as well a sterile urine test. I just did some normal blood tests done and it came back fairly well except for low granulocytes and high lymphocytes but with the general WBC count in norm. I sent another stool test but it will be done in Tuesday and the doctor said to see her when all the tests are done. She took a quick look at the picture and said that it doesn't look like a tapeworm but I'm really not so sure. I feel really off and I really hope that all of this is not due to simple stress or some sort of mental illness because I feel really malnourished. The only time my brain fog improved was when I drank a smoothie with spinach, goji berry and pineapple with apple juice. The effect was a few moments but I definitely felt my executive function turning on but it was ended but a ringing in the ears. The other time when I felt this was a few days ago I just ate and went to do a test. Since my concentration is s**t I tried really hard to focus and as I did I felt the "fog" lifting with the anxiety but at the same time my blood pressure shot way down. I heard ringing in the ears, everything around me sounded like it was happening a mile away and I couldn't focus. I was almost about to faint. When this happened I was really afraid and tried hard to return to my "constantly anxious" state just to get my heart pumping to get my blood pressure up and regain consciousness and some control. Blood tests showed normal hemoglobin levels, although just 10 units above the allowed minimum. Iron was also in the norm. The echograph viewings said that my general gut health is well. Could All of this, including the blood work, this thing in my stool and the worms (at least I think they looked like pinworms, they were small and dead and few, of them) and fever and the CRIPPLING neurological symptoms be all in my head? I started to loose weight and appetite around the end of August and at at around mid-September my girlfriend at the time somehow managed to manipulate me to try a small dose of shrooms, (less than a gram worth dry) which the trip itself wasn't anything interesting, it was like life is a lucid dream for a few hours, but I couldn't sleep right because I was still under the influence a little bit and I woke up for work really tired. I felt a bit off the next day and with diarrhea but I just couldn't seem to recover since then which is weird because shrooms are one of the safest drugs one can try. This is the reason why I'm shying away from psychiatric help, because they might blame the mushrooms (which were fresh and homegrown, although I don't really trust the hygiene of the pickers). Just to be clear, I don't like drugs and I am generally against them, but I tried one time weed, adderall and shrooms just to please my girlfriend at the time. I like feeling in control of my life and I was generally a motivated guy. I'm 19 and just started university. I f****d up my relationship with my girlfriend due to my neurological problems and I'm f*****g up my studying. The anxiety is tremendous, to start a brand new page in my life with this s****y feeling. I'm in the biggest depression in my life and this being a gut-releated problem really gets my heads up, because it would mean that it's fixable and I didn't f**k up my life that much. The one time I tried weed I also had an effect like this (minus the diarrhea and fever and headaches), but it lasted for around a week  My hypothesis is that I became infected somewhere around the summer, it went unnoticed. I started to loose a bit of weight at the end of the summer, lost appetite and started to feel a little depressed. Later when I tried the shrooms and didn't quite recover my natural balance is because of the malnutrition from the parasite. Thus causing the neurological symptoms of a big infection without actually having the big physical symptoms. Now I know this seems like crazy talk and really far fetched but I'm looking for some logical (as much logic as I can pull out of my head) explanation for my pains. I don't have a family history of mental illness on either of my family's side except for a great grandfather who had alzheimers, but I think I'm still really young for this :D. My best neurological explanation is like I'm not sober or "mild cognitive disfunction" like I forget a lot of things and it's difficult to tell the time. Like I'm stoned 24/7 and this for me isn't doing it. It's leading to an enormous amount of depression and anxiety especially in this period of my life. I feel like I'm being poisoned or I'm not eating anything. I'm not dehydrated (I think) although I do drink a lot of water and it passes right by me, but my skin isn't dry (again, I think; not quite sure what dry skin looks like). I have had a few slight rashes but they were only for a day or two. One gastroenterologist told me I'm healthy and there is nothing wrong with me, but he was filled with patients and didn't really pay attention to what I had to say. Another doctor said that I probably have a sort of colitis. The doctor I went to now thinks it may be ascaris. I've eaten a lot of sushi this summer so may it be a fish tapeworm? I've read that they consume B12 vitamins and that is a logical reason why I may have these reactions. Should I go to a neurologist, or a endocrinologist or just directly to a psychiatrist. I am experiencing NO hallucinations nor think of myself as a God of some sort, but I do panic a lot since I feel such a loss of control of my life from this cognitive dysfunction. I just want this s**t to end and get some control of my life. It's uncomfortable for me to just sit here in my own skin. It's like a nightmare and I just want to wake up any second now. I've also been through the hypothesis that the raw fungus from the mushrooms could've caused a fungal infection but it doesn't add up with the start of the symptoms being before the consummation, just being really worsen from them. Could this be caused by a parasite based on what I saw and my gut dysfunctions or is it just from the nerves? 

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Some of your symptoms could be anxiety.  I would wait till you have all your test results.  Have you asked for an Ova and Parasites test to reassure you?   The substances you were taking may also explain your symptoms.
    • Posted

Well the test results are in. The stool test showed no parasites, but my doctor perscribed 2 probiotics, Flagyl and Vermox. I really hope this to be some cure because I'm under so much stress that I can't even describe. I've been depersonalized/derealalized since all of this and feel suicidle from time to time because I feel like this will never end. I'm scared to take any psychiatric medication. All of the things that I've tried I was lied to that the only risk was me liking the effects too much and starting an addiction, but I know that I'm strong-wilded and that I wouldn't do it. I really didn't but nobody warned me about the delicate balance of neurotransmitters. I haven't been abusing anything nor have the desire to. I just want my mental acuity back and the sense of my emotions and the feeling like I'm here in the real world (I feel half awake all the time, like my brain has trouble recodnizing when it is time to sleep and when it's not). If all else fails I guess I would go to a psychatrist and maybe hint that piracetam or something of the lines might help me. I'm really desperate, I'm crying all the time and when I'm not - I'm angry. I was an overachiver and was really hyped for going to university. Now the summer has passed and I went all derealized and brain dead because I had the low self-esteem to please my girlfriend (which after this dumped me). I need all my mental capacity to even try to pass my first semester, but I have trouble even managing my daily routine. Please if you have any idea on what could help me with this debilitating, agonizing and crippling brain fog I'm all ears!

• Posted

Hi Narardaru

You can get B12 spray on line from A......n i cant put it in full it will be moderated...you really do need to get all your vits and minerals checked...or take vitamin b complex and vitamins and iron you really do need to help yourself.. Taking antibiotics if you do not have an infection is not good ab's kill your good gut flora..if you do take them take probiotics afterward to replace your good gut flora....what is your diet like???...mm

• Posted

My diet isn't anything special. I eat mainly chicken and sometimes pork, with a side of tomatoes or some sort of salad like that but also eat bread. I drink only water and sometimes tea. I've stopped drinking coffee and eating anything sweet, but that makes my BP drop even lower so I eat a spoonful of honey every morning. And for the last few days I've been drinking multivitamins in the morning. I'm at the end of the Flagyl and will start the Vermox after 5 days and I'm really expecting some results.

• Posted

It may be possible that the long white thing in your stool could be mucus or an undigested particle of food.
  • Posted

Hi Naradaru

You mentioned B12 in your post you may be deficient in B12. If deficient it causes al the symptoms you describe in your post. Go buy some B12 complex supplements and take everyday plus vitamins..and go back to doc and get all your vitamins and minerals checked......low vit d can cause gastro prblems....best wishes....

• Posted

Will check it out! I was actually trying at one point to find B12 in the form of a spray, but couldn't find it, but I didn't really bother because I doubted that it would be that. The picture in my post didn't show up, but I found a small piece of white long and thin thing sticking out of part of 2 parts of my stool but it wasn't long enough to see if it was segmented or not. I found that fish tapeworm (I started eating a lot of sushi before all of this) eats B vitamins and mostly B12 and looks like the thing that I passed. I don't know though, I'm really doubting my own thoughts and actions because of my neurological symptoms, so I don't trust myself and this is the worst thing I can imagine anyone experiencing. It could all be a coincidence and I might really just have to go to the psychatrist but from the depression and anxiety is making me think that he/she wouldn't understand and I'm really loosing hope, starting to be a hypochondriac and am suicidle. My life is depending on if I see worms after I drink the Vermox :D

• Posted

Have the parasites checked rge can real havoc on your whole body. Please Do this and if you don't have good for you. Good Luck : Friend 😎

• Posted

To be honest, I really hope for it to be parasites lol. It would mean an easy and quick fix for my month-long troubles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.