Skip to content

Abdominal Disorders

New discussion Join group Also known as Campylobacter, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, E coli , Food Poisoning, Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastroparesis, Indigestion, Metoclopramide, Nausea, Norovirus, Peritonitis, Salmonella, Vomiting

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • hanna83848 1

Get peritonitis?

This is just a hypothetical question! I'm really in to medicin and very curious. If you would infuse bacterias into the peritoneum, will you get peritonitis? If yes, how fast would the sypmthoms show?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jenny33426 2

Gastritis - Constant severe stomach pain

I wondered if anyone could help me, since about January 2013 I have on and off had a dull ache in my stomach, sometimes flaring up to make me feel sick. I actually put this down to anxiety however in the past few weeks my theory has changed. About three weeks ago my stomach flared up however to the...

341 replies 16 votes Last reply
  • sally197611 2

Questions re prep for HIDA Scan

So I got the prep paperwork for my upcoming HIDA Scan.  First I need a Blood Serum HCG test (is this a pregnancy test?) and 2nd no sexual activity for 10 days before. That seems strange to me so I'm wondering why that is put in there. Not sure if they are worried about pregnancy (which cannot...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • katie22802 1
  • bradley 31430 2

Lost and Desperate 80lbs

I started loosing my appetite about one year ago. Fatigue set in about eight months ago. Got pain in the upper right side of my abdomen. Weight loss 80 lbs 22 percent of total yellow stool 1 year Three trips to the ER Testing done blood work ups about 12 times normal colonoscopy and upper scope normal...

20 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • boubacar0224 2

Abdominal pain for 6 weeks now which lead to lower back pain

Hi guys, I'm currently really desperate and need help immediately. I am 17 years old, I had right too abdominal pain for 6 weeks now, it used to be on and off for the first 4 weeks but in the last 2 weeeks it has been constant and has not gone away. On top of that, in the last week my lower back...

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jonathan38201 3

Still constant pain!

Hello everyone, I am 16 years old, and for the past 5 or so months I have been having a series of abdominal pain, from starting with constipation... to then constipation gone to then constant "discomfort" feeling pain, to where it's like pain... I constantly get this feeling and to this...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Chucky777 2

H-Pylori, Gastritis & PPI

Alright, here's the deal.  I'm being test for h-pylori for a second time since my doctor wants to make 100% sure that it is indeed negative.  Was tested a month ago via stool test and then tested via biospy, both negative. Both times I was on a PPI, so now he wants me off the PPI and...

21 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • Jb7567 2
  • Caterina912 3

Scratchy throat

What are your thoughts of constant scratchy throat? Should o be worried? I was on antibiotics, 2 weeks later I feel the pain and scratch again I am allergic to dust mites and a few trees, can air quality be doing this? Thoughts because I don't want to go take antibiotics again Day 5 of Zyrtec

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • longseason 2

health issues for 11 months

Hi since last summer I have suffered from loss of appetite and bloating/belching. I saw a gastro soon after and then had a colonoscopy that was clear, as I was also suffering from bowel issues. I asked about an endoscopy but he said there was no need and seemed more focused on bowel issues, but the bowel...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • bijan21978 1
  • jason37778 2

Long term

Hi I'm 27 years old and I've been getting abdominal pain since February now I've had blood tests done and ultrasound and still they've found nothing I'm getting to the point where I've had enough of the pain it's on my left side And sometimes in the middle sometimes it's...

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tee65873 2

why do i constantly feel nausea?

I am constantly feeling sick!! it doesnt start first thing in the morning but throughout the day it just emerges. its now at the point where i choose not to eat if i feel sick because i completely loose my appetite, which is making it worse because im then hungry too( but eating just makes it worse)...

267 replies 12 votes Last reply
  • Nickoli123 2

Scar Tissue, bladder/urine issues?

So, my abdominal surgery is OLD, a burst appendix about 25 yrs ago, BUT, over the past year, abdominal soreness ( close to the site of that surgery-scar), along with substantial urination-related issues); Ive had multiple tests (2X CT's, looked from the bottom up, top down, blood tests,, ultrasound;...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jennyjames 2

Smelly gas like sulphur and rotten eggs

Hi all. So embarrassed but don't know what else to do. I actually am getting seriously depressed as It Is so bad. I have been getting really bloated and pass the most foul smelling gas ever, it stinks and lingers in the room. I'm having to air my bungalow every evening. I eat relatively...

209 replies 8 votes Last reply
  • mary27278 3

Gastritis burning in low stomach area?

Has anyone experience gastritis burning in the low area of the stomach? It's all the way cross from the hip area to the other hip side. I usually get the burning in top of stomach never this area. Just wondering what could cause this?

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • JessArt 1

Internal Scar Tissue Is Ruining My Life!

Around 3 or 4 years ago I had my appendix removed as they thought it was inflamed, they inflated my stomach and put a camera through my belly button to see if it was and it actually was not but as a safety precaution they removed it anyway to avoid it happening, the surgery was key hole. The surgery...

52 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • ruwan54302 1

myopathic disorder

At 19 old, i was suspected with above deciece. Then i was given Predney and seems I was ok except few muscle pain incidents. Now again I have got leg pain and CPK and ESR was very high.Im afraid still im beaten by Polymayocitis. Please help me

• Rose109 1

Acid reflux

Have terrible a acid reflux, with horrendous burning in throat and esophagus, followed by fluid in lungs. Any advice to help after the throat burning??

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • andrew64984 2

Very weird symptoms I am scared tell me your opinion

It all started 2 months ago I developed a cough after 2 weeks I felt lightheaded and dizzy. At the end of that week I felt severe fatigue and I went to the doctor. I had blood tests done and it showed anemia that I have from my mother. I took some supplements and felt a bit better. A week after that...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jackie85053 2

Nodular gastritis

i have just recently had a gastrscopy and was diagnosed with nodular gastritis and am awaiting the results of the biopsies results .im just really worried cause I have read it can cause stomach cancer does anyone suffer from this ? 

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sue303 2

Unexplained Chronic Nausea

Hi all I am writing in the hope that someone can relate to what I am going though and maybe offer some support or advice. Seven weeks ago I woke up feeling extremely nauseous. I also had bad muscle pains, joint pains, a headache every day (now gone), and felt extremely fatigued; so fatigued that some...

104 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • andy16458 2

chronic stomach pains

I've been in pain now for about 4 months, like, everyday. I feel as though there is a very tight belt around my mid section. It doesn't make me feel nauseous really, it just hurts quite a lot. It doesn't seem to be there in the mornings, but throughout the day it will emerge and it will...

33 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • andrew64984 2
  • james61474 1

Back pain , bloating chest pain and belching

This problem started last week my left arm was just aching and I was belching a lot but would go away on it's own. This week it was that and I was belching and I developed back pain on my right side and my under my ribs would hurt and my stomach felt bloated. Also had tightness on the left side of...

• mahdy 2

health anxiety, eating disorders, and random nausea

Hi! It has all started with a stomach bug 10 months ago, I had gas, cramps, stayed up all night, and vomitted once in the morning then I felt better the next day. No, wrong. My life has completely changed since that day, I've noticed that I developed fear of being sick, fear of eating normal meal...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jay66286 1

Stomach ache after eating

For about 3-4 weeks now I have been getting a stomach ache after I eat anything and it feels like it's progressively getting harder to handle (or I am just getting fed up with it). It doesn't matter to seem how much I eat or what I eat I still get this stomach ache. It usually occurs about an...

51 replies 7 votes Last reply
  • Geox 2

constant pain under the ribs (on the right side ..in the back)

I am experiencing this pain under my ribs, on the right side and more towards my back than in the front..for about three months now and I have to take Ibuprofen almost every day This pain is just annoying as its not as bad to prevent me from moving or do stuff, but it is very upsetting to have to endure...

239 replies 22 votes Last reply
  • rose220958 2

DISTENDED ABDOMEN

at end of dec/beginnning of  january my abdomen became more distendedI told  my GP who did not acknowledge it and slammed the phone down on me.he then wrote in my notes "C/o fat abdomen" and "fixated with abdomen"neither of which were true,He was also abusive to me  .He...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Dillpill 1

Incision Cite Hernia surgery

I'm suppose to have surgery to remove my incision site hernia. The doctor said 2 weeks in the hospital. Everything I have read says 1-3 days. Anyone know?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • paul75665 4

What's going on with my digestive system

Hi all, first time hear and hoping someone out there may shed some light on whats going on with my stomach. I have had bouts of indigestion and heartburn for many years, probably due to always working unsociable, shift work, but they were sporadic and very mild bouts. However, since December last year...

193 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • allie1layne23 1

Abdominal Disease, Which One Could It Be?

Hi! my name is Allie, and I am new to this page. I am 22 years old, female. 6 months ago I presented symptoms that included CONSTANT stomach pain, up to 10 bathroom trips a day, very inconsistent stool(mostly loose) nausea/vomiting, and I have lost 40lbs in this time frame, unintentionally. My doctor...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • tigerbolt 2

diarrhea almost every day for 3 years?

For the past 3 years I have been having some problems with my stomach. I have been having diarrhea every day multiple times to every other day. It is mainly triggered if I eat anything or do something simple like taking a walk or going outside. A lot of times when I eat, my stomach will get a lot of...

91 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • davidlamb 2

Constant nausea, bloating, stomach pains and acid reflux

Ever since i was 7 years old, iv been feeling constantly sick, i will go a couple of years of feeling really sick 24/7 then a couple of years feeling fine. It just comes and goes over long periods of time. This time i have been feeling constantly sick, anxious, bloated, acid refluxes and stomach pains....

87 replies 4 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.