Skip to content

Abdominal Disorders

Also known as Campylobacter, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, E coli , Food Poisoning, Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastroparesis, Indigestion, Metoclopramide, Nausea, Norovirus, Peritonitis, Salmonella, Vomiting

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Gastroparesis?

Anyone else have gastroparesis? And even better--anyone else managing it without medication? Reglan didn't do a thing for me, and nothing else helped either. I've been trying to manage it diet-wise etc. but it's really slow going, especially as I'm extremely poor. I can't eat...

Last reply
  • Weird stomach issues after extreme anxiety for a week.

Basically I didn't sleep for several days, and feared that I never would again. So, I had worked myself into insane anxiety. I don't really recall if I was eating enough, but I'd try to eat something a few times a day. I had really lost my appetite due to the anxiety.  But anyway, during...

Last reply
  • Urgent help needed - lower abdominal pain and clear scans

Hey, so I’m currently suffering with severe abdominal pain but there seems to be no cause to it. It started in February with a water infection which I was treated for with trimethoprim for 3 days, but since then it has come back four times. There seemed to be no cause to this, but I presumed the infection...

Last reply
  • Bloated distensted

Hi All. I am male and overweight by 3 stones. I get up every morning and my stomach is relatively flat. As the day goes on I get massive bloated and distended around the epigastric region. I have mild pain 5 inches centre above my belly button that is continuous. If I'm sit up right and press down...

Last reply
  • Chronic nausea for 15 years, still no answers!

Hi all. I'm posting this in the hope that someone can relate and offer some sort of help or advice as this has gone on far too long! I'm a 25 year old female and I've had spells of almost constant nausea since I was around 10 years old. When I was younger it got to the point where I would...

Last reply
  • chronic stomach pains

I've been in pain now for about 4 months, like, everyday. I feel as though there is a very tight belt around my mid section. It doesn't make me feel nauseous really, it just hurts quite a lot. It doesn't seem to be there in the mornings, but throughout the day it will emerge and it will...

Last reply
  • Pain/discomfort under right rib cage.

I have been experiencing this for the last few months, I have been searching the web looking for answers.  I am a 45 year old female, in good health, I take no medications, thin, active, I eat healthy, so I am at a loss. I have this feeling like there is something under my right rib cage as if something...

Last reply
  • My daughter is always sick

She is 9 Constant nausea and stomach pain Misses school. Worse the last 2 months Worse in a car for even 2 minute (new) Last 2 days Fever, headache and possible swelling/ridge Stomach does not hurt to touch. Head does hurt to touch. Possibke recent symptom of headache and fever is separate from th3...

Last reply
  • I had a horrible upper abdominal pain!

I have had over two weeks a upper abdominal pain which have get worse almost every time after eating something. I visited this website and I asked there about it and I got a suggestion of gallstones from this website. I visited a doctor and I and he conferred with ultrasound machine that I really had...

Last reply
  • What is wrong with my stomach? Is it SIBO?

Hi all  I am desperate for some advice about problems I have been experiencing since around Christmas, and are getting worse.  - Insatiable hunger despite always eating far more than I would ordinarily need. I feel so hungry most of the time that I feel weak and dizzy. - Stomach pain, bloating...

Last reply
  • Stomach pain after endoscopy

Hi, Please I need your help! Two months ago I was tested positive for H. Pylori however I have never experienced any pain or stomach discomfort in my life. My doctor (I am from the easter european country) insisted that I do an endoscopy. I was convinced that it is very safe procedure and I agreed. However...

Last reply
  • Lower Left Ribcage Pressure?? Thoughts?

For over a month now I've felt pressure in my lower left ribcage, nothing painful however definitely new. It feels like I have a sac of gas, burping typically relieves this pressure a bit but the feeling remains all day. My bowel movements have been completely random, I've felt bloated, gassy...

Last reply
  • Mucus in Stool

Hello all I have a question regarding the presence of mucus in stool. I have read that there is almost always some amount of mucus in every stool but that it is rarely noticeable. For myself, I NEVER noticed it until recently. So for the last few days, I have been seeing very small, clear, stringy...

Last reply
  • I lost my appetite for 2 months now and counting

Hi everyone, Im 22 years old, registered nurse but currently on sick leave and most probably resigning because of this serious health matter up to now is still not known to me. If you wish to read my moderately long stor of mine then thank you for the time and wish I could get some advise or comments...

Last reply
  • Right Lower Quadrant dull pain of the abdomenj for 2 months

Hi guys. Just wanna share with you what I am experiencing right now regarding my abdominal problem while I’m awaiting for further tests.  For 2 months, I’ve been experiencing dull discomfort in my right lower quadrant abdomen. Initially, I rarely felt it but these past few days, it is getting more...

Last reply
  • Barium Swallow

Hi everyone! So I have a questions. Because of the symptoms I've been having: back pain, left side rib pain, chest pains. soft stools, ect.. my doctor is sending me for a barium swallow X-ray. My question is, has anyone gotten one? How likely is it to show abnormalities in the stomach and esophagus?...

Last reply
  • Middle-Upper Abdominal/Upper Left Pain and Nausea

My 18 year old daughter has been having constant upper abdominal pain and upper left pain since the end of February. She also is nauseas and feeling like throwing up. This pain is a constant achy pain but increases. When her pain level gets to a 7 or above we usually end up in the hospital. We have...

Last reply
  • mucus in stool

I see mucus in stool can it be a cause of bacterial infection .., I don't have any abdominal pain but I feel gassy after I eat , fullness in my upper abdomen. And also I feel dizzy in the morning

Last reply
  • What happens if you don't poop when you have to?

What happens when you don't poop when you have to? One time I decided not to poop when I had to and instead decided to play soccer and that feeling of having to go and poop went away when I came home and I ate and went to bed. And I have been feeling bad ever sine that day. My stomach has been bloated...

Last reply
  • I have suffered abdominal left stomach pain for past 2 weeks

I have suffered with abdominal left stomach pain. I have hungry to eat but unable to eat food. At the time of eating vomiting sensational was there. Stomach pain came twice or thrice in a day for 2 to 5 minutes only. At that time I felt to die sometimes. I have lost 4 kgs weight in last week. Toilet...

Last reply
  • Internal shakes/tremors, racing heart

I've been having weird shaking feelings in my chest, intestines/lower abdominal area, and - oddly enough - my left calf area for the last two weeks. No pain though. I had one sip of beer the other day and it set off a tidal wave of symptoms almost instantaneously - a strong pulsating heart, extreme...

Last reply
  • Pain in right side

I have been having upper right pain below ribs for quite some time - I had a gallbladder ultrasound in Jan - it was ok - had a hidascan 2 weeks ago - 48.6 % ejection - had an endoscopy - still nothing - something is causing the right side pain and nausea - I supposed to go back to the doctor next week...

Last reply
  • nausea for 2 months what should i do ? :((

Hello guys  first of all sorry for my bad English..I feel nauseous  two months ago ..in the first week i felt a stomach ache..and then the pain disappeared...and until now i fell nauseous..i did Gastroscopy(endoscopy) and ultrasound...blood tests..breath test .. All test results are good nothing...

Last reply
  • Almost a month now. I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm a 19 year old girl and I had made a post on here a few weeks back about nausea. From the time between that post and today, nothing has changed. I have been nauseated and constantly feel like there is something in my throat for nearly a month now. Lately, I've been feeling kind of fuzzy/dizzy....

Last reply
  • Is something bad going on? Or is it my body just flushing stuff out?

Just right now, I was feeling this sudden urge to go to the bathroom. It was a terrible ache in my lower body and when I went to go use it, I did so as normally. But at the same time, I got this really bad nausea. I ended up throwing up a few moments after I had gone to the restroom. Right now I’m feeling...

Last reply
  • Rib pain

I am 28 years old...I feel pain under right rib only when I sleep on my Right side. When I sleep on the left side or the back, pain is not strong. I feel pain only when I sleep on the right side. Please help me out.

Last reply
  • Intermittent diarrhoea

My husband had diarrhoea and fever and a general feeling of being unwell. The fever cleared up but he is still having bouts of diarrhoea 2 weeks later. He had a few days of normalish bowel movements but the diarrhoea came back. He has taken Imodium. He has had a stool sample test but that came back negative....

Last reply
  • Five months and still having upper left abdominal pain

My upper left abdominal pain started in June and I'm about at my wits end! I am on painkillers from my doctor but the constant pain is starting to make me very depressed, anxious, and irritable. Symptoms: - A constant sore ache in the upper left abdomen near the ribs that sometimes goes to my back...

Last reply
  • I’m worried my problems may be getting more serious..?

I have pain in the right side of my abdomen that radiates from my belly button to my pelvic area which I’ve never had before. I’ve been struggling with reflux and abdominal pain (mostly in my left side, but sometimes in my right side as well), but now I have this pain that I’ve never experienced before....

Last reply
  • Miralax

I take miralax every single day and have for about 3 months. I take it because I have rectocele and am afraid of constipation or having to push too much while having a bowel movement. Does anyone else take this or something similar daily? Is it dangerous? My GI told me it was fine and that she could...

Last reply
  • Is this candida? HELP!

Since april 1st my gut has been acting in a way I've never experienced before. My symptoms have developed and evolved since that day so I am unsure what I am experiencing. (I should mention that I was on antibiotics from March 9-20) For my first couple of weeks I would get a weird twitching/pulsating...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.