Skip to content

Abdominal Disorders

Also known as Campylobacter, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, E coli , Food Poisoning, Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastroparesis, Indigestion, Metoclopramide, Nausea, Norovirus, Peritonitis, Salmonella, Vomiting

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • How can I stop PPI (Lansoprazole)?

I have been taking Lansoprazole daily for around 2 years now but I want to stop because I'm pretty sure I am now noticing bad side effects and it is for some reason irritating my stomach. Problem is I tried to stop a long time ago and got really bad acid more than ever. This time I am going to...

Last reply
  • Unexplained Nausea

For about 8 weeks now I've been dealing with on and off nausea, which started one night after going out to eat with friends. That night I was shaky, nauseous, and felt a lot like i could vomit. I never ended up vomiting and still haven't to this day, but starting that first week I felt hungry...

Last reply
  • Diarrhoea, vomiting, stomach cramps. Urgh!

I woke up this morning at 5am feeling like someone was squeezing my stomach. I believe these are stomach cramps. I thought it was maybe gas. I went to the toilet and what followed was pure liquid. Felt like I'd opened a fire hose. My stomach was still in a lot of pain. I started to go very hot...

Posted
  • Tomato and acid reflux

Hi, those who get reflux as a consequence of eating  tomatoes, please tell me how quick after eating tomato you notice reflux/heartburn. Immediately or after half an hour or few hours? Thank you!!! Aya

Last reply
  • I have been experiencing diarrhea for the Last 3 months

I have been experiencing a strange type of diarrhea which happens only in the morning. First of all i go to bathroom and have free bowel movement and then after another 3 times i have to go and there will be small stools. Last month i had a colonoscopy which is completely normal. I have been taking medicine...

Last reply
  • Diarrhea and Nausea EVERY MORNING for a MONTH

Hi All....hopefully someone out here can help! Every morning at literally the crack of dawn I am awakened by a racing heart rate, then diarrhea or a very loose bowel movement then so nauseous I can’t eat any breakfast. This has been happening everyday for the last month and I don’t know what to do. It...

Last reply
  • Gas or more?

This morning I woke up with severe stomach discomfort. It feels like gas pain everywhere in my stomach, mainly the lower part. This has continued all day and worsens while walking or moving my stomach around, it also doesn’t help to lay on my back or sit up. I have passed gas and had diarrhea since but...

Last reply
  • Bloated, cramping, constipated and generally uncomfortable

Hi all. Thank you for your time. I've been feeling constipated and cramping for quite a while now. So I went to the doctor who suggested that I take laxatives daily, have an enema every second day, up my fiber intake and drink more fluids. After doing that for a week, while I can have a bowel movement...

Last reply
  • Pain in right side when walking! HELP PLEASE

Hi, for about 7 months now I've been having a sharp pain in my right side when I walk, at first it was only long distances but now a 2 minute walk to school sets it off. I've been to the doctors and he said it may be something to do with my period cycle but it only really happens when i walk....

Last reply
  • gastritis wont go away! what should i be doing?

i had a second endoscopy done at a public hospital and the doctor told me that all he saw that i had was gastritis.  ive had this for the past two years on and off again, why wont it go away for good?  what am i doing wrong here?  ive been trying to following dieting tips that i found...

Last reply
  • Stomach bloating

I recently found out I'm now lactose intolerant, I have eliminated dairy products but still having trouble with my stomach, after I eat o I start feeling bloated and then it feels like I can't breathe, I have been to my doctor and my lungs come back clear but when my stomach is bloated then I...

Last reply
  • Regarding diagnosis of digestive disorder

I am 27 years old male. I have been suffering from digestion related issues since last 3 years. Some key points that I would like to mention about my daily routine: 1.         I work on laptop from my home (highly inactive lifestyle). 2.        ...

Last reply
  • Acid reflux

Hi, I’ve been 20 days on gluten free diet and my heartburn was on a good way to disappear. In the mean time I had lactose test which came slightly positive, but 3 hours after this test I had diarrhea and then 2 mor times (same evening and next morning). So I connected bloating, belching and gases with...

Last reply
  • Stomach / digestive problem(s). Help.

Hi all. Basically on early Thursday after a very small breakfast (Cranberry Juice and Cashews) I started getting really painful stomach cramps, kind of on par with pre/during food poisoning cramps. Shortly after I went to the loo and noticed my stool was lighter in colour than usual. It wasn’t broken/diarrhoea...

Last reply
  • Is it normal at 47 to have had a period for 6 weeks

Iv been bleeding for 6 weeks and in 47 . 2 weeks ago the drs gave me some tablets to stop or slow down the bleeding whilst on holiday . These didn't work . Since returning home iv stopped the tablets and the bleeding is heavier and the cramps are awful

Last reply
  • Usually suffer with diverticulitis.

Not sure that it is diverticulitis this time.since Thursday have suffered orange diahorra and vomitted which felt like something was stuck in the middle of my ribs which hurt when I stood up it felt like a cork had popped and I projected vomit everywhere.have started antibiotics nothing seems to be getting...

Last reply
  • Help - abdominal pain that goes away when lying down

I'm a 22 yo female who was recently diagnosed with IBS. My doctor is not entirely sure that I have IBS though, as my symptoms are not typical of the condition. Around 2 weeks before my period is due, I begin to experience (at random times, usually when I'm out and about rather than at home) a...

Last reply
  • Unbearable abdominal pain

Hello, For 3 weeks now I have had widespread abdominal pain. It all started in my upper left quadrant then to my right then both my lower quadrants now it literally hurts all over. My poo and pee looks and feels mostly normal, a few loose stools but nothing I’m not used too. The pain radiates to my...

Last reply
  • Will I throw up?

So these last 2 days and nights I have been feeling like throwing up. All night I feel like I’m about to throw up and all day. My parents say it’s becouse I’m not eating or drinking becouse of my anxiety and emetophobia and alps becouse of my chronic constpation. Do you think I will throw up or I already...

Last reply
  • How Long does it take to heal Mild Gastritis

Im a 34 yr old male. I woke up one night shaking like i was freezing cold, then i went under a blanket then it all passed after about 30 min. The same morning i started to have sharp pain in my upper abdomen and felt like its on fire. So i started taking omeprazole 20mg 1 a day. After about 2 weeks i...

Last reply
  • Doctors think its IBS? I'm not so convinced and seeking Advice

I am 25 year old male who weighed about 190 lbs 6 weeks ago. Now i am sitting currently at 178. I have lost 7 lbs from keto and another 5 in the recent two weeks from the nausea that is apparently due to ibs. My story starts about 3 months ago where i had a gnawing burning constant pain in my upper...

Last reply
  • Not Getting Better

Background: 19 yo, Male, 5'7", 118 lbs, Black Medical History: allergy to dairy/milk proteins Medications: 40 mg nexium daily for 4 months, gabapentin 300mg daily for two month, fluticasone 2 puffs twice a day for two months For about 5 months, I've dealt with difficulty swallowing, stomach...

Last reply
  • Gastritis diagnosed but PPI's not working

Just wondered if anyone else who's been diagnosed with mild gastritis is having problems with PPI's not helping? Had upper endoscopy 2 weeks ago and been taking PPI's since then, but if anything feels like its getting worse!  Symptoms originally started 5 months ago and now the dull,...

Last reply
  • why do i constantly feel nausea?

I am constantly feeling sick!! it doesnt start first thing in the morning but throughout the day it just emerges. its now at the point where i choose not to eat if i feel sick because i completely loose my appetite, which is making it worse because im then hungry too( but eating just makes it worse)...

Last reply
  • H Pylori

I was diagnosed with H Pylori  after many tests through out a number of years . I have suffered with constant pain & bloating in my stomach plus hardly any appetite  I was prescribed a course of very strong antibiotics x 2 different ones . I still have the symptoms  but my GP...

Last reply
  • Is it IBS, or something else??

Hi everyone.  I have IBS and about 2 weeks ago I had a bad flare up and was poorly for 3 days...stomach cramps, feeling sick and just generally unwell. Ever since this I haven’t felt right! My stomach always feels gassy and get full quick...my chest sometimes feels like I have trapped wind (in my...

Last reply
  • Persistant abdominal pain

Hey everyone, a few weeks ago i went out for a drink and got a little drunk, when i woke up the next day i had a terrible hangover i threw up a lot and i couldn't eat/drink anything. I got a lot better the day after and i started eating again but i few days later i started having abdominal cramps...

Last reply
  • Losing weight very fast?

I have been losing so much weight so fast. I’m also not eating or drinking much becouse I’m feeling like throwing up most of the time. I also have severe anxiety and emetophobia. I can barely fit in any of my clothes. What’s wrong with me?

Last reply
  • Dull lower abdominal pain when standing??

Hello! Male 17 yr old 6”3 Symptoms; abdominal DULL pain in lower abdomen (middle) bloating and gas  this is is the weirdest part, THE PAIN GOES AWAY WHEN LYING DOWN! i could be in crazy pain from standing for too long and then as soon as I lye down the pain slowly subsided as if pressure is being...

Last reply
  • Bowel issues....now pain in my genital area....help?

Hello, I've been experiencing weird health issues for a long time now but finally went to the doctor and still haven't figured it out just yet.  Ever since I was about 14-15 my stomach and bowels have been so goofy.  Anytime I wake up in the morning, no matter what I eat or drink I...

Last reply
  • Undiagnosed stomach pains

Hello,  For several weeks I have been getting really bad stomach pains. I’ve had a lot of blood tests, ultrasound and a barrium swallow and nothing has been found. It’s mostly all in my upper quadrents most of the time it feels like there’s a brick in my left upper side but then it will move to...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.