Skip to content
Ad

Abdominal Disorders

Also known as Campylobacter, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, E coli , Food Poisoning, Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastroparesis, Indigestion, Metoclopramide, Nausea, Norovirus, Peritonitis, Salmonella, Vomiting

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Ultrasound fat free diet

I am having a ultrasound tomorrow which calls for my morning to have a fat free meal. What can I have. Anyone know. It has to be completely fat free. 

Posted
  • What's going on with my digestive system

Hi all, first time hear and hoping someone out there may shed some light on whats going on with my stomach. I have had bouts of indigestion and heartburn for many years, probably due to always working unsociable, shift work, but they were sporadic and very mild bouts. However, since December last year...

Last reply
  • Abdominal Pain For Two Days and Pain On Right Hip

I'm sixteen years old and since Saturday I have been having unexplained abdominal pain. I woke up late after staying up all night and the pain didn't start until after I drink a latte. At first I thought that the pain came from that considering that is what happens when I drink coffee sometimes....

Last reply
  • having big belly

hey everyone please anyone with idea of what is wrong with me after last month i was tested for H pylor bacteria infection  which causes gastric ulcer i was placed on antibiotic for 2weeks which am still feeling the same pain now i begin to have big Tommy anyone with idea of what could caused that

Last reply
  • Gastritis? H pylori?? ..or something worse? Please help me.

Hi, I'm a recently turned 20 year old female who has been having stomach pains for over a month. This post may be a little long but please read the whole thing. My symptoms: - Mild stomach pains that come and go - Frequent burping or feeling the need to burp - occasional rumbling/gurgling stomach...

Last reply
  • Aerophagia

After months of test to find out why all of a sudden I have this terrible cast of what seems to be acid flux, the Gastroenterologist thinks I may have aerophagia. It is a form of too much air getting into the stomach by the LES not closing tight enough. So I constantly beich and feel this pressure...

Last reply
  • Fibroscan what can it actually pick up

I had fibroscan to measure the liver as I have autoimmune hepititis it came back clear this was around month ago but I've been having constant pressure round n under left rib to cut long story short vid been exaimed by my local dr who says could be gastritis. Both my arms are in pain heavy n burning...

Posted
  • Why do I wake up with abdominal pain every day

Every morning I wake up with left abdominal and back pain, it's located between my spine around to my navel. The pain is in the exact same place every morning and wakes me from my sleep, iv had it for 6 years now had various tests and nothing has helped. I get depressed too and I think it's linked...

Last reply
  • Abdominal pains for 8 months driving me mad

I'm a 28 year old male.i have been suffering with pains mainly in left upper quadrant but the pain does go literally everywhere on my abdomen the pains are horrible.the doctors can't seem to diagnose anything I've had numerous of blood test to check for things.ive had a ultrasound and stool...

Last reply
  • Pain/discomfort under right rib cage.

I have been experiencing this for the last few months, I have been searching the web looking for answers.  I am a 45 year old female, in good health, I take no medications, thin, active, I eat healthy, so I am at a loss. I have this feeling like there is something under my right rib cage as if something...

Last reply
  • Pain in abdomen

Had pain on both sides of upper abdomen rib cage area seen doctor low platelet level high liver enzymes tested negative for all hepatitis as well as mono and cmv ultrasound of the right abdomen area shows gallbladder sludge curios if this would cause high enzyme levels as well as low platelets 

Last reply
  • Pain/pressure under right breast rib cage area

Has anyone found out what’s causing this pressure. I see a lot of us have the same conditions and have had the same test. But has anyone found the relief for it. Planning on gallbladder surgery soon. They have not even though they have not found anything wrong with it. Look forward to hearing. I have...

Last reply
  • Gastritis? Burning shoulders pain in arms it's hell

For a few weeks I've been having awful pressure pain under left rib n fullness when eating taking my breathe away going back three months I was told I maybe had asthma as at that time I was having job to get air in I've been told yesterday at the drs I could have gastritis I have autoimmune hepititis...

Last reply
  • Unexplained Chronic Nausea

Hi all I am writing in the hope that someone can relate to what I am going though and maybe offer some support or advice. Seven weeks ago I woke up feeling extremely nauseous. I also had bad muscle pains, joint pains, a headache every day (now gone), and felt extremely fatigued; so fatigued that some...

Last reply
  • Citalopram 3 weeks :(

Hi i have upper abdo pain constant (a dull ache) for last 9 weeks. It affects my movement because it becomes sharp and has been debillatating (i can no longer look after my children so my partners mum is looking after us all although shes had enough) so ive had tests and only thing to come of it so far...

Last reply
  • Can stomache virus cause dizziness?

I have been having stomach digestion problem, feeling bloated, have had lots of gas, and diarhea. During this time, I also started feeling lightheaded and my head and eyes feel heavy. I also feel a bit weak and yawn more than before. Does a stomach virus or problem cause dizziness? 

Last reply
  • Thickening of stomach wall and fundus

Hi, have been reading lots of posts all with same symptoms as myself.  I have IBS, GERD and age related Diverticular, the whole works. I am 58 female and in UK. Like lots of posters I have been having the burning and stinging, gassy problems in all different areas from belly button to under ribs...

Last reply
  • Upper left rib pain

Hi just wondering I anyone has any ideas, I have had upper rib pain for about 4 weeks, I have recently been treated for a Uti which caused me to have 3 visits to hospital, I had bloods and urine samples taken which came back with the urine test showing white cells. The pain comes into my ribs with a...

Last reply
  • Gastritis - Constant severe stomach pain

I wondered if anyone could help me, since about January 2013 I have on and off had a dull ache in my stomach, sometimes flaring up to make me feel sick. I actually put this down to anxiety however in the past few weeks my theory has changed. About three weeks ago my stomach flared up however to the...

Last reply
  • Anyone ever experience Pleural Effusion?

I was diagnoised with gastritis, Gerd hiatal hernia, and been having symptons of IBS lately. Well the latest, i had a ultrasound done on heart to find out why im having heart palpitstions which i later discovered its from my thyroid. They also noticed fluid around lung in chest area and now need to...

Posted
  • Had 3 hemorrhoids banded this morning at 11am.

It was just a consultation but he checked me out with a camera up the anus the asked if I was OK with the banding now. I said yes and thought cool,it's getting sorted. Been in bad pain ever since and couldn't go back to work.I've taken 6 paracetamol already and they're not touching it....

Last reply
  • H pylori culture and sensitivity test to antibiotics

Hi everyone, Has anyone had a gastroscopy where they took samples of tissue to be sent to culture and do a sensitivity test to find out which antibiotics the bacteria is sensitive to in NHS Uk?  H. pylori positive in Jan 16 (in gastroscopy) 4 treatments later H pylori negative. Symptoms disapear...

Last reply
  • Internal Scar Tissue Is Ruining My Life!

Around 3 or 4 years ago I had my appendix removed as they thought it was inflamed, they inflated my stomach and put a camera through my belly button to see if it was and it actually was not but as a safety precaution they removed it anyway to avoid it happening, the surgery was key hole. The surgery...

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain, bloating, burning and losing my mind!

Afternoon All I wanted to post this not only to clear my head, but on the slim chance anyone has experienced similar or has advise. So around a year ago I started to get bad heartburn and what I would class as bloated gas burps after a night out. I would only get it for the next day and then it would...

Last reply
  • Almost 6 months of this aghh

So since the Beginning of may after a weekend of citrus vodka and lemonade) made me sick one night, woke up fine, kept drinking but felt my stomach was off, vacation rolled around, drank, 4th of July, very bad, anyways I finally stopped at the end of July and had an endoscopy the end of September, it...

Last reply
  • Always feel like I need to poo!

The last month or so I have been having the feeling that I need to poo even after I go. I have been constipated but sometimes it comes out like diarrhea. The last few days it’s been more solid and log like. I go pretty much every day yet the pressure is still there along with left side discomfort that...

Last reply
  • Popping sensation in linea alba

Hi, I went for a sonography for cysts and it was too painful. I was sore for the next two days. Ive heard its normal after sonography but whats weird was that I started feeling popping sensations accompanied with tearing/burning pain in the midline of my abdomen where they were pushing the wand hard,...

Last reply
  • 12 Years of Nausea, Constipation etc. (long read)

Hello. I'm a 22 year old female. I apologize in advance for the length of this. Ever since I was a baby, my parents called my Pebbles because whenever they changed my diaper, my stool was hard rocks. I've had stomach issues for as long as I can remember. I remember always complaining about...

Last reply
  • Nausea, Constipation, Pain etc for 12 Years (Long read)

Hello. I'm a 22 year old female. I apologize in advance for the length of this. Ever since I was a baby, my parents called my Pebbles because whenever they changed my diaper, my stool was hard rocks. I've had stomach issues for as long as I can remember. I remember always complaining about...

Last reply
  • Gastritis/Duodenitis and diarrhea / other problems

So, for almost 7 months now I've been dealing with this and still having issues. It all started with popping/punching feelings in the upper middle abdomen, went ot ER they said it's not cardiac.. told me to drink magnesium citrate to clear out. Did that, but that's where things got worse,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.