Skip to content

Abdominal Disorders

Also known as Campylobacter, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, E coli , Food Poisoning, Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastroparesis, Indigestion, Metoclopramide, Nausea, Norovirus, Peritonitis, Salmonella, Vomiting

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Extreme nausea at night?

So I went to the GI doctor and he told me I have really bad constpation. But for about 4 weeks I have been waking up in the middle of the night 5 or 6 times feeling like I will be sick. I still feel sick in the day but at night I can barely sleep. Why is that?

Last reply
  • Loosing a lot of weight without trying?

When I went to the GI doctor he said I lost 7 pounds in less then a month. Before that I went to another doctor and she to said in loosing a lot of weight. My parents don’t think it’s serious but that’s not normal. They won’t take me to another doctor. My other symptoms are: nausea, stomach pain, …

Last reply
  • Couple of lumps lower abdominal?

Hi, any help would really be helpful.  My lower Adominal I have lump that can’t be pressed in that feels the size of a two pence, with a small lump to the side of it. I did see my GP a few months back and she thought it was a Hernia as it could be pressed in but she didn’t have much of a …

Last reply
  • Prilosec Causing Reflux???

Hi All! Soooo I went to see a gastro doc because I’ve been nauseous every morning for about 8 weeks and he prescribed Prilosec, 20 mg, once a day right before dinner. But now that I’ve been taking it for about a week, I’ve started having heartburn! I thought Prilosec was supposed to get rid of …

Last reply
  • Can anxiousness/nervousness cause loose narrow stools?

Hi all, my stools are always solid but when i get nervous or anxious i need to go to the toilet and this leads my stools to come out narrow. Should i be concerned or is this normal? Also if there was an obstruction in the colon would stools always be thin?

Last reply
  • Diarrhea all day

I've had diarreah pretty much all day, just getting over being dehydrated, so I'm really cautious. I noticed my last stool was all greasy and floating. Is this something to be concerned about?

Last reply
  • Horrible Shortness of Breath

Hey guys, does anyone else have severe shortness of breath with gastric symptoms? I have gerd but take Nexium even with no burning I still belch up food and feel like I'm so short of breath all the time. It's miserable. I burp constantly also.

Last reply
  • Alkaline Reflux (bile) Gastritis.

Hello Good evening everyone  please sometimes ago i as a having a burning stomach and stomach ache this happens immediately i wakes p or after eating i went to the hospital for test which i was told nothing was wrong with me later i choose to go for endoscopy test and i was tested Pylori …

Last reply
  • feeling aweful after antibiotics

First week of July I was on a high dose of antibiotics.  More than I should have been given. Azithromycin 500mg for 7 days. I quit a day early for it made me sick.  I have a feeling of fullness all the time,  burp up food,  endless burping.  Feeling need to burp even on an …

Last reply
  • Gastritis and being unable to eat- is this normal?

Towards the end of May I started to lose my appetite and wasn't able to eat as much as normal, I also kept feeling nauseous. I didn't think much of it at the time as I was doing a lot of running and thought it was just the exercise. it progressively got worse to the point where I felt so …

Last reply
  • Blood sugar dropping? (Gastritis,Burping, Loose stools)

So I’ve posted here before and am dealing with some of the same things and some new things. My main concern now is ehat feels like my blood sugar dropping, but I think I should describe and update my other symptoms too. To summarize about 5-6 months ago I took a couple of rounds of antibiotics for …

Last reply
  • Stomach problem!

Hello Im really in desperat need of help. Ive have been having stomach problems for a long time now. Sorry for my bad english in advance. This is my symptoms: - Dark green stool - Cramps (typical in the morning) - "Knife stabbing pain" in some areas in my stomach - None apetite - …

Last reply
  • IBS or SIBO? please help!

Hey everyone, so i have recently been diagnosed with IBS after describing my symptoms to my doctor, done a blood test and had an abdominal echography. The problem is, i have constant abdominal discomfort sometimes it goes aways but comes back quicky after, it's not really painful just …

Last reply
  • Appendix, gas and bloating

Hello, I have been struggling from gases and bloating for about 4 years, and I am just 24 old..  I have had my apendinx been removed recently, and was ordered to go on a strict diet.  As far as I know a diet is followed in order to minimize stomach heaviness. But still the same situation …

Last reply
  • Sucralfate/Carafate For Severe Gastritis

I know sucralfate is commonly used for ulcers but has anyone successfully treated severe gastritis with it? I am asking because I believe PPis are not for me with all the side effects and no effect. Atleast sucralfate does not have side effects like PPIs?

Last reply
  • Still in pain after a year

Hello, my husband had open operation for gall bladder removal a year ago. Reason he had open op as oppose to keyhole was due to adhesions from a car accident 40 years ago. It got a bit complicated because the first gallbladder op was succesful however, he suffered an obstruction because they fed …

Last reply
  • 16 and scared I have colon cancer

Hello I'm 16 male and deathly terrified I have colon cancer. My lower left stomach has been hurting for a couple days and sometimes when I wipe there is small dots of blood and I've been crying and freaking out about it. I told my mom and she's going to take me to the ER but I'm so …

Last reply
  • stomach problems

i have been feeling sick for about two years now , aswell as feeling sick i have been very fatigued with heartburn and reflux and abdominal pain. i have had a ultra sound scan which showed nothing, a endoscopy which showed slight inflamation and a ct scan that showed nothing. A few weeks ago i had …

Last reply
  • Nausea before and during bowel movements

Anyone know anything about this?  BM usually in 3 parts - first normal size, next formed but smaller and narrower, then large diarrhea.  It makes me really sick but know what to expect now, and have to rest after. Probably not related, but have had an intestinal surgery, a colon surgery …

Posted
  • Stomach issues hospital visit didnt help

About 3 days ago i woke up in the middle of the night throwing up repeatedly. As the afternoon came i couldnt deal with the pain from vomiting and the pit in my stomach. I went to the local hospital and after giving me zofrin and me throwing up a bunch of stomach bile that tasted like urine they …

Last reply
  • Internal Hemorrhoid Pain?

I've had external hemorrhoids before, and the pain I've been feeling lately is very different. It's on the inside, perhaps 1 inch inside, and the pain feels very sharp, like an intense cramp, or nerve pain, usually after I go to the toilet, and lasts only around 10mins before …

Last reply
  • why do i constantly feel nausea?

I am constantly feeling sick!! it doesnt start first thing in the morning but throughout the day it just emerges. its now at the point where i choose not to eat if i feel sick because i completely loose my appetite, which is making it worse because im then hungry too( but eating just makes it …

Last reply
  • Pain under left side ribcage....

About a week ago I woke to a pain on my left side under the ribs, I thought I'd slept awkwardly but the pain didn't go as it usually would. The pain is like a stitch/pulled muscle/gas sort of pain but with sharp stabbing pains also. I ended up in A&E and was admitted whilst they ran …

Last reply
  • abdominal pain

hi guys..3 months ago i was diagnosed of having polyp on my gallbladder,gerd and liver problem..im in constant meds for my gerd and im kinda feeling better.My polyp is just .3 so the doctor said its fine no need for meds.I haven't yet started taking meds for liver. the past days i have a …

Last reply
  • Gerd and Nissen's , is it any good ?

Few years ago following soemone i know passing away i started getting weird feelings, chest and abdominal pains, no matter what i ate it was so bad, felt kinda shakey and just something didnt feel right and i was in pain and annoyed all the time ... i've done all kinds of tests, with the last …

Last reply
  • Hunger pain?

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing as I have and am looking for some insight on what's going on with me. For the last week out of nowhere I constantly have a hunger pain in my stomach. No matter how much I eat it just won't go away. I'm ate a full huge …

Last reply
  • Morning sickness in male (not married or pregnant)

I am a 18 year old male, and a week and a half ago I had a severe case of food poisoning which ended up in vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. These symptoms continued for about a week and it was hard to eat solid foods and I went to the doctor. They proscribed me 4 pills of Zolfran to take. It helped …

Last reply
  • Something odd

So I don't usually pay attention to such things, but this is weird. I had a fruit\veg smoothie in the morning (yesterday). The raspberry wasn't too fresh imo.  Then I had El Pollo Loco salad for lunch. And then started passing gas in the afternoon. I usually don't. Felt a little …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.