HELP! Root/Stick like things in stool. PHOTOS.

Posted , 43 users are following.

Every time i go to the toilet i have these weird things in clumps in my stool. after ive had a closer inspection i can only describe them as looking like roots from a plant, with the same texture as a branched stick. they're not alive, and they don't move, someone PLEASE shed some light??!!!

Will attach photos as soon as I figure out how to!

5 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Next
  • Posted

About 2 weeks ago what I had started off as something similiar but turned into something no longer recognizable as a bowel movement, more like a long fleshy worm, no not alive. I end up with severe cramping that doubled me over and landed in the ER. I was diagnosed with C Diff, which I learned was highly contagious. Have you been on any antibotics recently?
    • Posted

that doesnt sound too good. never heard of C Diff so i'll have to look into that definitely. i was on antibiotics a few weeks back, but these stick things have been in my stool for atleast 6 months now but just got worse and alot more recently.

• Posted

Apparently some antibotics kill off the good bacteria in our bellies which causes the intestines to protect themselves, hence the unrecognizable stools, and the food does not breakdown properly. Maybe a pancreas issue. You should seek medical attention and don't be embarrassed, it's extremely poisionous to our bodies. Good Luck.

• Posted

Apparently some antibotics kill off the good bacteria in our bellies which causes the intestines to protect themselves, hence the unrecognizable stools, and the food does not breakdown properly. Maybe a pancreas issue. You should seek medical attention and don't be embarrassed, it's extremely poisionous to our bodies. Good Luck.

• Posted

I had Clostridium difficile (it's a bacteria) overgrowth = colitis after Clindamycin antibiotic (for a tooth infection),

I never developed this colitis using other broad band antibiotics even for treating e.g. Lyme disease, so the balance re C.diff overgrowth colitis seems to be disturbed more by certain antibiotics. (this certain antibiotic never to be taken again!)

The C.diff colitis was for me with severe belly cramp every ten minutes,

pus, blood, but no string shaped poo (because it was diarrhea/mash) and took 2 months to heal no matter which probiotics. 

When you get infected with C.diff under normal circumstances, it does not do much, it can live in small numbers and balance with other gut flora, but the potential for overgrowth is there when gut flora is disturbed by certain antibiotics and that risk alone is nasty.

I think Judy, you  have no severe belly cramping?

Also you need to be silently infected with Clostridium in the first place, not everybody is (luckily).

It could be any other bacteria imbalance of course re your stool shape, but I doubt your stool shape is due to C.difficile colitis.

Best of luck!

• Posted

This is exactly the same circumstances that caused the C Diff with me. Tooth infection, same antibotic.
    • Posted

eekDon't we 'love' it. rolleyes... cure one, get something else.

At least we know, that that one little nast lives silently in us and whenever offered this group of antibiotics again, I am like: nope, sorry, can't take.

• Posted

Yes, take a sample to your doc.

Which colour and of which length and width are those formations?

• Posted

They're around 2inch long, width of string and like a pale orange colour? Best way I can describe them is being like roots?

• Posted

string, 2 inch....

yes, bring it to the doc to send it to the lab.

That will clarify if you have a worm there or not. And if yes, which one, tape worm, round worm....

or if it was 'just' dead candida or whatever the string is made of.

We can only guess here, it needs a real invastigation under 'hands' in a lab to squeeze, cut, stain it....

• Posted

Does it look like a rope worm?

They look like human poop but string shaped. Please look for a pic on internet to compare.

• Posted

Rope worm would be no worm btw. But maybe an answer.
    • Posted

Nope. I've literally searched everything from rope worms to C Diff to candida. Candida (yeast overgrowth) seems to be the closest I've gotten so far with the symptoms but don't look exactly the same

• Posted

I had to google "enemas" just to find out what you ment. If that answers your question haha

• Posted

ah, mentioned a webpage, not good. 

Have you searched for rope worm pics yet?

They seem to be just a very common stool formation (can be provoced with enemas, but also occurs naturally), ranging from dark brown to yellow in colour, from  half an inch to 3 feet long. 

The only DNA found in them is human, so it is most likely just a shape. Like when I took some algae preparation and got strings out, as if mucous/slime was enclosing some stool giving it a shape of a worm, but not white, of course.

• Posted

ah, you have, sorry, ignore other answer please. 

Now we are very curious for your stick thingy pic, if it was not any version of a rope worm.

• Posted

Literally will not let me upload any photos & they're really clear photos Aswell.

Defo not rope worm though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.