HELP! Root/Stick like things in stool. PHOTOS.

Posted , 43 users are following.

Every time i go to the toilet i have these weird things in clumps in my stool. after ive had a closer inspection i can only describe them as looking like roots from a plant, with the same texture as a branched stick. they're not alive, and they don't move, someone PLEASE shed some light??!!!

Will attach photos as soon as I figure out how to!

5 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

you might have a worm infestation ie threadworm which can be sorted with ovex from the chemist  but I would send a stool sample to a lab just to see what the problem is.
    • Posted

that idea of candida could be a possibility as fungal growths are like a cobweb networking across stuff as they spread.  you may need anti fungal tablets or cream
  • Posted

and may I kindly ask, once your sample comes back from lab with a result, to let us know, what it was please?

Very curious now.

• Posted

What was it??????????? Please.
  • Posted

My advice would be go to a GI, he'll probably wasn't a stool sample. I have absolutely no idea.I'm very sorry not much help. Let me know what you find out.

• Posted

Hi Judy30315. Did u find an answer to this in the end??
  • Posted

Hi my 20 months old daughter has a same root like thing in her poop. Did you find out what did cause yours? I am so worry about her. I appreciate if you share your experience with me.
  • Posted

Please tell me what it was. I am so scared because it sounds just like the problem I'm having. Please reply!

• Posted

Omg same exact thing here

Judy w secondary symptoms please tell me you found what it was I’ve had over 3 tests saying it wasn’t parasites but I believe it is or some type of bacteria can you please contact me 

• Posted

hi, sorry ive just seen this! i never found out what it was... i didnt take any tablets or do any cleanses & i think it just gradually went away..

• Posted

I am having the samey problem and have no idea what it is!  Please guys inform me about anything related to this disgusting weird thing ???????

• Posted

Hey....plz do share the treatment becoz im too having same problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.