H. Pylori causing bowel/stool changes?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone. 2 months ago I had food poisoning with just acute diarrhea. After that I have developed heartburn, aching stomach pain, acidity in stomach ( I had an EGD done yesterday and biopsy to check for H.pylori). Also, I have noticed a change in my bowel movements and stool form. I don't have constipationper se, but I sometimes notice mucus on toilet paper. Never blood, never vomiting. Can h/pylori be somehow connected to stool changes? Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have actually gone to my Dr. because of sore stomach, loose bowels, sometimes watery, intense urges, no vomiting though. She had me do a stool sample test and we're still waiting for the results. While driving yesterday I remembered that I had had food poisoning back in August and I began to wonder if my symptoms were related. I'm anxious to hear what gets said about this...

• Posted

please let me know what the results are. thank you and good luck

• Posted

thank you and will do.....oh my Dr. did tell me to take Lactibiane - a potent probiotic that is in powder form and tasty! So we'll see how that works.

• Posted

Sometimes h pylori can cause diarrhoea or black or tarry stools. However, you may have IBS which can be triggered by food poisoning if nothing, including H pylori shows up. IBS can cause all the symptoms you describe. Has your doctor considered IBS?

• Posted

For me h-pylori used to cause a lot of discomfort and pain in bowel movements and strange feeling at the anal opening.. sort of burning and discomfort. But diaorrohea was very less. Most of the time stools color, shape and size used to be ok. No mucus.

You should get a breath test or endoscopy done to know. Symptoms can be different for different people depending upon food habits.

• Posted

Hi, i have mucus on my toilet paper, tested positive for h.pylori. Hope you are doing better now, seeing its been 4 years x.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.