Heavily bloated which is affecting breathing. Possible reason?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I’ve been getting heavily bloated for some time now to the point of where I find it hard to breath properly and at times find it hard to eat, sometimes my stomach also feels tight with cramps. Whenever I burp which isn’t often I get instant relief and my stomach goes down a little but that only lasts around 10 mins before it feels like it inflates again.

I’ve been to the GP who ran some stool tests which were fine so they put it down to trapped wind so they prescribed me some Gaviscon and Omeprazole gas tablets but they make no difference, they then told me to double up my doses which also made no difference so they then put it down to anxiety and told me to go for walks. I’ve also been advised by friends to eat mint, have stomach massages, apply hot water bottle on the stomach and other remedies which can sometimes help a little but I still can’t to the bottom of the cause which is affecting my quality of life.

I have noticed a pattern when after I ejaculate the symptoms I explained can trigger within a few hours or the next day at the latest, I thought it was a coincidence until I noticed it again and afterwards the stomach discomfort can be on/off lasting days.

I tried searching online about this and only found a couple of cases which mentioned the same possible reason but they were also looking for answers as to why which they didn’t get.

Does anyone have an idea on why I’m feeling like this or the possible causes? Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.