Chronic left lower abdominal/pelvic pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all! i am hoping someone has some ideas that maybe my doctors have overlooked. i have had chronic daily lower left pelvic/abdominal pain & burning for going on 5 years. At times my skin feels like its bruised & hurts to touch, but most days it feels like a burning pain trying to get out. I have had diarrhea off & on. In the last year or so. i am noticing when I'm in a bad pain flare, i feel like my underarms just stink no matter how often i shower. My finger joints hurt. I get nauseated, no appetite.

It seems to mimic diverticulitis with no fever or vomiting. With that said, i have had 3 colonoscopies & an endoscopy that show no signs of diverticulitis. i had a hysterectomy because they suspected endometriosis but none was found. My white count & inflammation markers in my bloodwork are high, but since they cant figure out what it is, there is no treatment and i continue to suffer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

It could be hemochromatosis. You can get tested through circle DNA or something similar.

• Edited

It could be acute intermittent porphyria. You complaints do seem similar, a burning sensation of the skin, abdominal pain and bodily odours are associated with this condition. Have you been tested for this conditon?

• Posted

Thank you! I don't recognize the name of this, so don't think I've been tested for it. I'll definitely bring it up at my next appointment. I really need answers. When this started I would have a flare that would last a couple days once a month or so, and now I'm lucky to get 5 decent days a month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.