*Graphic Photo* Just discovered this weekend!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So after several months of itchiness I decided(wish I had done it sooner!) to have my husband examine me down there. To my major shock he discovered white/lightness and what looks like a long scar on and around my labia! I instantly had a mini panic attack and it's been eating me up all weekend. After doing tons of research I think I'm almost positive I have LS! I'm pretty upset to find out that this is permanent damage and I'm calling the gyno first thing in the morning for an app.... I wanted to get 2nd opinions from those of you that do indeed have LS. Does this look like it to you?

imageimage

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

To me it looks like an old area of petechia type trauma which has healed but sometimes then thats how L S starts. Please dont worry its not raised and to me doesnt look like something that we all worry about down there the c word. My L S started because of trauma from a road bike bike seat and I had when checked as I was sore exactly the same a long line but on the minora inside area and it was red and black. I saw a gynaeo and L S had set in that area but clob sorted it out. Im post meno so oestrogen and lack of it has played a big part, Try not to wear seam trousers or anything tight for a while until it feels a bit better. Apart from that you look ok not red sore or anything. You have looked where it hurts and are making an appointment so you will get ointment to make it better and not progress. You have dont well x

• Posted

sorry damn ipad done well. Wish this website didnt re spell things

• Posted

How did you get tested for LS? Though your general doctor, Gynecologist or a dermatologist?

• Posted

Hi, it took ten people, was so fed up of showing my privates as well. In the end it was a local GUM clinic who spotted it straight away. I had a biopsy but it was inconclusive which is common with L S . Also it got better with Clob although also with lack of oestrogen things disappeared the minora I mean.

• Posted

To me, unfortunately I believe it does look like LS. The steroid ointment (clobetasol) will help a great deal. The good news is, you have a lot of healthy tissue there and you are aware and getting checked. Try not to worry too much.

• Posted

How did you get tested for LS? Though your general doctor, Gynecologist or a dermatologist?

• Posted

My gyn (no 50)said biopsy often inconclusive so she didn't do it. Was grateful but now thinking maybe do it so I can move forward on this pain. I understand what has happened but how to get out of it. If not LS, then why redness and pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.