*GRAPHIC* Please help!!! GENITAL HERPES, LICHEN OR NOTHING TO WORRY?

Posted , 7 users are following.

please help!!! i have had these spots for a while now but lately they have started to itch sometimes and i think there's more!!! could this be genital herpes, lichen (planus/sclerosus) or just some fordyce spots? thank u all!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i think they look like fordyce spots. if the area is itchy then you should get it looked at. to me it looks like there are some areas which look lighter and shiny - indicative of LS but i'm no expert

• Posted

emmy, I've never heard of those, but coincidentally (now that I googled) think I may have one on the edge of my bottom lip!

• Posted

thank you so much, I'll definitely look into it more!

• Posted

You can also get these at the side of your nose

• Posted

For easy to understand outline on the details of Fordyce Spots go here:

sex - info - online - Fordyce - Spots

I am unable to post external web site information on the these Forums so you need to Google the above terms ... sounds like you may have something separate causing the itch problem ....

• Posted

did you ever figure out what this was? having same issues

• Posted

They are actually Fordyce Spots, they are naturally present on the genitalia of some men and women, on men they are usually on the underside of the penis.

• Posted

yup! my gyn assured me that theyre just fordyce spots, completely normal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.