'' headache in the pelvis '' book

Posted , 7 users are following.

Did anyone buy the book '' A headache in the pelvis '' by dr Wise does it help ? and does the relaxation helps reduces the symptoms ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I did buy a used copy on amazon (US) and I found it to be a good resource. It was only like ~$7 I think. – In terms of the relaxation, for me the techniques in there were not the best. For relaxation sitz baths worked the best for me, there are some good bath salts to try on Amazon.

• Posted

i have not bought the book but do know that stress/ anxiety cause my prostatitis ( cpps) to flare up . The symptoms can cause a great deal of worry as Urolgists put you through various tests .

• Posted

Walking helps me a lot. I also do pelvic floor excersizes, but I have not read the book. Also, types of fluids and amounts make a big difference on boh issues

• Posted

I have not bought the book but have read parts of it. It looked like a good resource for someone with chronic non bacterial prostatitis. One of the authors is a urology professor at Stanford University Medical School. The treatment they devised is called the Stanford Protocol. Apparently they use it at the Stanford Medical Center.

Thomas

• Posted

Hi Thomas - your information is not quite accurate, but it isn't your fault. The book ( and other people ) put out some tricky language. The author is not a doctor, they do not use his treatment at Stanford, and no doctors from Stanford support have come out in support of his treatments.

I don't know if links get killed here or not, but

https://sexualreboot.com/topic/a-headache-in-the-pelvis-fraud/

If you search for "headache pelvis fraud" it should show up in the links...

"“On a first read through of Headache in the Pelvis you may be be impressed and if you have pelvic pain full of hope that this books holds the answers and be eager to attend the clinic described. As the description on the Amazon page states it is a ‘ground breaking book’ describing ‘new and revolutionary treatment from Stanford University Urology department’, one of the authors himself suffered for 22 years and is now pain free and the book is adorned with highly impressive testimonials. Unfortunately if you do some research into both the book and the treatment described the story concocted by the authors begins to rapidly unravel."

• Posted

I did, but never read much of it. Ended up taking a mind-body approach instead, which this book does and approach does touch on, and have been symptom free for two years. Consider my CPPS to be gone at this point.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.