Skip to content

Prostate Problems

New discussion Join group Also known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• dan15739 2

syndrome

Anyone heard of "Levitor ani syndrome?",seems its what i have,couple times a week after straining to urinate,ill have pinching or throbbing at end of penis,then pain afterwards,sometimes with residual,and sometimes dry paim at tip,also burning pain in penis and pelvis after peeimg 3 times a week,is

0 replies 0 votes Reply to dan15739
  • david 94301 3

prostatisus or coccy bone

as you not was told i got prostatisus 14 week ago been to out of hours today because in side my bum reallly pain full she put her finger up my bottom said prostate is normal then she press right at the back of my bum and said nmy coccy bone is very tender i did tell the doctor at the in feb that my

0 replies 0 votes Reply to david 94301

All discussions in this group

Next
  • ChuckP 4

REZUM--HAVE YOU HAD THIS DONE???????

I had a nice conversation today with the President of the "Urology Times". He was telling me that there is a "New Procedure" that has been approved called the "REZUM SYSTEM".  The company that makes the system is called "NXThera, Inc".  You can google them up and lots of stuff comes up.  I called

1245 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • Trustme 2

Had FLA with Dr K. This morning 4/28/17

I am 47 and have been dealing with BPH for about six years.  Four of those years I have been on Uroxatrol with ok results but the drug has been losing its efficacy and it has given me heartburn and dizzy spells especially when I get up from kneeling.  The actual procedure was more painful for me

82 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • danyal1995 2

Prostate problem in younger age

I am 22 years old male and diagnosed with prostate enlargemnt. I had my first UTI when i was 15 years old. After that i had UTI once or twice the year till i was 20. Two years ago i started facing frequent utis and continous irritation in penis. Main problem was pain in ejaculation and irritation

30 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • yoshiro67881 2

Urethal stricture

i had TURP done three months ago. My Uro tells me I have developed a stricture.  Today I had my second dilation and he put a foley in to keep the uretha open to heal. Any one had similar procedure done I would like to know your experience. Thanks 

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tom86211 3

Aquablation for BPH

Very promising new treatment for BPH now in clinical trials (Water Study): PROCEPT’s AquaBeam combines image guidance and robotics to deliver Aquablation, a waterjet ablation therapy that enables targeted, controlled, and heat-free removal of tissue for the treatment of lower urinary tract

31 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • frank43226 2

Prostate supplements and prescription medicines

I've been dealing with BPH for the past year or so.  It started at 44 years old and I'm 45 now.  I had been taking Tamsulosin and Finasteride and they were working as far as urinating OK and getting rid of my pains and discomforts that came along with BPH, like groin pain, abdominal pain, sitting

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • david 94301 3

prostatisus is killing me

been back to uloughlist today told her i am weeing fine just left with pushing pain in the bum and bit of pain in hip she put her finger up my botton said postate had gone down but still alittle inflamed put me back on trimiline 200 mg for a month allready take 104 that was 8 week corse before i

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dan15739 2

syndrome

Anyone heard of "Levitor ani syndrome?",seems its what i have,couple times a week after straining to urinate,ill have pinching or throbbing at end of penis,then pain afterwards,sometimes with residual,and sometimes dry paim at tip,also burning pain in penis and pelvis after peeimg 3 times a week,is

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • dalebf 2

Plasma Button Vaporization

I've been reading posts form all of you men about your recoveries from your various prostate surgeries and it seems that we are all experiencing the same recovery issues in varying degrees. My main issue has been a weak but steady urine stream starting two days after my catheter was removed. I

64 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • charles40613 3

The Urolift procedure; patient views and questions

Would it be possible to keep this thread purely about Urolift and a means of sharing experiences from those who have undergone the process and invite debate from those considering it. The Urolift process plus pros and cons are accurately described at many a website. Other very long threads discuss

840 replies 8 votes Last reply
  • bruce74642 2

just over a week...

my ptocedure.  I'm off the post-surgery meds.  I don't feel much different yet.  The urge to pee may be a little bit less.  I still get up a couple times at night.  I'm lucky if I can sleep 4 or 5 hours ar night.  My bowel movements aren't back to normal,  I anticipate that everything will

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ronnie S 2

FOCUSED LASER ABLATION

Hi, has anyone had the procedure called FOCUSED LASER ABLATION for BPH?This procedure is approved by the Food & procedure does not have the usually side effects because the prostate is not accessed throught the procedure also permanently relieved the symptoms of BPH. Dr.

168 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • craig84609 5

Swollen Lymph Nodes In Groin

Hello, I am a 48 year old man who has been having trouble passing urine, I also get a clear discharge after going. I have pain in my pelvic area and Rectum. Recently I had a PSA test done and over the last 6 years my PSA has gone down. It was at .36 at first then .34 and now .32, these are really

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ChuckP 4
  • david 94301 3

prostatisus or coccy bone

as you not was told i got prostatisus 14 week ago been to out of hours today because in side my bum reallly pain full she put her finger up my bottom said prostate is normal then she press right at the back of my bum and said nmy coccy bone is very tender i did tell the doctor at the in feb that my

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • boyung 1
  • andrew61251 2
  • john57563 2

Rezum and Aquablation

Does anyone know if there is a difference between Rezum and Aquabaltion? They both use sterile steam, There is a lot of information about Rezum but not much about Aquabaltion.

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • neal04 2

Constant Urination and slight burning/pain on the tip of penis

I am a 23 year old male , i jave been suffering from intensly constant urination from last two months , on a bad day i have to go to pee about every 5-10 minutes , and immediately after urination , the urge to urinate comes back. I have been tested for UTI and all the tests came begative , i have

30 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • uncklefester 5

Aquablation

Phase 3 study has been completed. Google aquablation study. Seems to be good results.

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tanner94 1

Can't pee right

So for years I've had an issue peeing right. I feel like I can't get it out or have to relax to pee. Also I get the urge I feel more than usual, I figured I have a small bladder. Also a weak stream. I thought it had something to do with masturbation but I think it might be BPH the only problem is I'

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • j12080 4

Going with Focal Laser Ablation for BPH

Ok, I have decided, I am going in the next 21 days for FLA. I have picked dr. k if the schedule of my wife's treatments can allow it along with his schedule. He is busy with some complicated PCa cases as well as talking about a partially self funded clinical trail scenario for BPH patients.  If I

465 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • iambrent 2

Confusing results

Hi ​Really hoping someone can shed some light on what seems like positive but somewhat confusing results.. ​50yo and have been symptomatic for some years now - hesitancy with urination, weak flow, stream all over the shop etc.. ​Went to the Doc with what I thought was a UTI in January. Had a course

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jimjames 6
  • scraggs 2

cystoscopy outcome advice

Hi all I am looking for some advice. The story is I have have urinary problems since I was 28, I had a cystoscopy (which I got an infection from) and various urodynamics test and it was decided I had an enlarged prostate, I was offered finasteride but was told I would be a bit of a giniea pig as

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • james50350 2

Non Resolving Prostatitis/Urination Problems Help Please!

Hi, I'm a 37 year old male looking for some advice from fellow/previous sufferers please.  On the 14th November 2014 I woke up and the morning pee was almost the rest of the day stream flow down 60%, no prior warning, never any health issues even given the prostate any thought. ...

38 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • MichaelVM7 3

Complications from Prostate Biopsy

Two years ago I had an MRI-guided biopsy. All 16 cores were negative. My highest PSA prior to biopsy was 5.5. It dropped to 4.3 just before biopsy. It hasn't gone down in 2 years, bouncing from 5.7 to nearly 10. It is now close to 8. My prostate was 90 cc before biopsy. It is now 120 cc. For

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • peter45673 2

Cost of HOLEP operation in London or Cambridge?

I wonder if anyone can give me a ball park cost of HoLEP in UK?  I live in Hong Kong where the procedure is not available and would need to fly in and stay in hotels. I like what I've read about the surgeons in Cambridge and London.  My prostate is 150 grams so an operation is really the only choice. ...

43 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ray63269 2

Back pain and prostatitis, why it seems last to go

I've had chronic prostatitis for 9 weeks and it has been dreadful, the urine and penis pain disappeared first but was still getting anal pain and perineum pain along with pubic bone and lower back, now anal and perineum have gone but the other two are persisting, the back ache is driving me mad ,...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rudra22673 2

Prostatic Cysts

I am 56 years old suffering from discomfort in left lower abdomen and dectected prostatic cysts of size 1.1cm x 1.7cm nearly 1 year ago. Urologist prescribe no medicine. But yet there is discomfort and stress on my left lower abdomen. Could anybody suggest how can I recover from this.

3 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Res 2

Prostate options

Hello all. I really appreciate all the  info you provide. I am 60 years old and struggling with enlarged prostate and growing symptoms over the last eight years or so. I have gotten to the point where I have to do something due primarily to being up all night every night. If I don't go to sleep

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • david155 1
  • jimjames 6

Portable Bladder Scanners for Home Use

A couple of months ago I purchased a portable bladder scanner to measure my bladder volumes and learn more about how my voiding function works. Used, refurbished units, similar to what many urologists use, can be purchased online at a fraction of their retail cost. I ended up paying a little over $1,

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • ray63269 2

Prostatitis seems to linger with different symptoms

Hi again, I've had chronic prostatitis for over two months and alot of symptoms have eased of I.e penis pain and erectile pain have gone along with perinial pain and Anus pain have gone but am still getting pubic bone pain along with lower back and hip pain, has anyone had this sort of thing

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ben 87928 2

My HoLEP experience.

Just thought I'd inform anyone interested that a week ago this 70-year-old UK citizen had a self-funded HoLEP procedure at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. Consultant urologist Mr Aho informed me the procedure went very well.  And I think to confirm that, after only five days, at least to my

29 replies 1 vote Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions