Skip to content
Ad

Prostate Problems

Also known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Flunked my urodynamic test

Got the results from the urodynamic testing I had done last week,  they concluded the bladder is shot and I will need to self catheterize for the rest of my life..... This is the report. RETENTION: Pre- CMG PVR 11 mL post self catheteriation, no record of pre-cath residual. Post-CMG PVR 767 mL...

Last reply
  • Sad TURP experience !!!

This is my brother's message to me 2 weeks after his TURP:   "Yes, it is a b***h. Now, I have both upper UTI and lower UTI. Blood is still continued leaking out. Sometimes it clogged up a long the urethra so that I could not pee. I had to drink a lot of water to create more pressure...

Last reply
  • Self Catherization: Issues and Problems

Self catherization (CIC) is a proven and tested method of emptying your bladder completely. And while most people find it an easy and painless procedure, understandably some have problems, especially in the beginning. This thread then deals with problems and issues people may encounter with CIC. For...

Last reply
  • Had FLA with Dr K. This morning 4/28/17

I am 47 and have been dealing with BPH for about six years.  Four of those years I have been on Uroxatrol with ok results but the drug has been losing its efficacy and it has given me heartburn and dizzy spells especially when I get up from kneeling.  The actual procedure was more painful for...

Last reply
  • I am trying to find a doctor for greenlight

Been taking combo of Flomax and dutasteride and I still have to get up numerous times. I want to get the green light laser treatment, but I have not found a doctor in the Portland Oregon area who does it, does anyone know of one? Thanks

Last reply
  • Going with Focal Laser Ablation for BPH

Ok, I have decided, I am going in the next 21 days for FLA. I have picked dr. k if the schedule of my wife's treatments can allow it along with his schedule. He is busy with some complicated PCa cases as well as talking about a partially self funded clinical trail scenario for BPH patients. ...

Last reply
  • Focal Laser Ablation / Prostate Cyst - New Member Dr K Club

Add me to the Dr K Club. Yesterday Dr Karamanian with his professional nurse assistant Samantha (Prostate Laser Center Houston TX) used FLA (Focal Laser Ablation) to help me with my problem. I'm resting comfortably in my Houston hotel room as I type this. I discovered FLA and Dr. K on this forum...

Last reply
  • Medicare Coverage for HoLEP

I have aligned myself with a top-notch surgeon for the HoLEP procedure. I know this surgery is the latest and greatest for BPH and I am excited that I have finally come to an end to my misery. The one thing I have to get clear in my mind is Medicare coverage (USA only). I got so caught up with the medical...

Last reply
  • My disappointing Urologist visit.

Last year, I went to see a urologist for the first time after a kidney scan revealed that I was retaining urine. At the uro office, a catheter was used by a nurse to measure the retention and it was 250ml.     My uro walked in, and he immediately offered TURP, no exam, no test. I told...

Last reply
  • Cystoscopy worry

I have to have a cystoscopy on Thursday . I have prostatitis and have had different tests that have been good but they want to be safe and do a cystoscopy . I have got chronic non bacterial prostatitis which I've had on and off since March and they pain in pubic area is horrible . So need to have...

Last reply
  • REZUM--HAVE YOU HAD THIS DONE???????

I had a nice conversation today with the President of the "Urology Times". He was telling me that there is a "New Procedure" that has been approved called the "REZUM SYSTEM".  The company that makes the system is called "NXThera, Inc".  You can google...

Last reply
  • Chronic Prostatitis would removing Prostate cure.

Having had Chronic Prostatitis for 2.5 years with continual urine infections and constant pain in Prostate, Penis and Testicles and numerous A/B , plus had a TURP which lead me to E/D and Incontinence, would it be better to be rid of the Prostate or what other risks would exist ?.   Going through...

Last reply
  • Aquablation for BPH

Very promising new treatment for BPH now in clinical trials (Water Study): PROCEPT’s AquaBeam combines image guidance and robotics to deliver Aquablation, a waterjet ablation therapy that enables targeted, controlled, and heat-free removal of tissue for the treatment of lower urinary tract...

Last reply
  • Had MRI Today. Waiting for results.

Hi John,Ross, Mike, Jimjames, and all,  Finally went to UCSF and had a 3T MRI today. Fairly uncomfortable with the endorectal coil but it is now done. I told them to send the results to Dr. K. After checking with Dr. K., I refused the contrast media, as he says he does not need it and it's not...

Last reply
  • Bacterial Prostatitis for 25 years

I suffered from Bacterial Prostatitis for a horrible 25 years. I took so much antibiotics I am amazed that I escaped liver and kidney damage. Doctors didn't know what to do, I begged my ediot Urologist for 3 years to remove my prostate but he refused and sent me to an Infectious disease doctor who...

Posted
  • Help! What do I do next?

I've been dealing with PBH issues for several years now.  The issues were gradually getting worse.  In January I had a bout of prostatitis and the Doc commented that the prostate felt enlarged on DRE.  The prostatitis subsided and we tried Uroxatral which made me dizzy.  We then...

Last reply
  • Turp experience and questions

Hi there, JUst wanted to share my experience with my turp surgery. I'm 45yrs old, too young some say for me to having prostate issues but I put it down to my father side of the family (my father and uncles all currently suffer from enlarge prostates)  For the last couple of years been suffering...

Last reply
  • If you had to choose between Urolift or PAE....

Hi all, It is looking more likely that I may need some 'intervention' regarding my enlarged Prostate after being on medication for several years. I was just wondering if you had a choice of Urolift or PAE which you would choose and why? Any advice from those of you who have personal experience...

Last reply
  • Very high PSA

My fiance, almost 70, has had excellent health his entire life...never hospitalized, no sutgery..just never ill. He has been athletic and is still strong and energetic. He has had restricted urine flow for past year, but no pain. His gp ordered Psa and when it was still 137, referred him to urologist...

Last reply
  • Prostatitis recovery period

Hi All,  So I've been trying to get rid of prostatitis for the last 3 and a half months now, hard to get a diagnosis but eventually got put on 6 weeks of meds (4 weeks levo, 2 weeks doxycycline). After 6 weeks of up and down in regards to progress, a few days after finishing the script the...

Last reply
  • Prostatitis

Hi all, my problems started about 10 weeks ago when I had frequent urination during the day and irritation and pain in the perineum region which occasional rectal pain. Saw 2 separate GPs who told me I had a slightly enlarged prostate but offered no real help. I then went to see a consultant urologist...

Last reply
  • Scar tissue after TURP surgery.

After 7 months of having TURP surgery I continue with the same problems I had before: Burning while urinating 24/7, getting up 3 or more times at night, urgency to pee. Now my doctor says I developed scar tissue and wants to do a second surgery. He calls this surgery laser incision of bladder neck contracture...

Last reply
  • read much of the forum re turp & have side question

had a gl 10 years ago, complete failure. 2 yrs later underwent full urinamics testing (just awful). all the same symtons.  was seriously considering a turp but i think i may decide against that after reading all the forum.  but very curious about the one where the fellow reported that...

Last reply
  • worried about weak flo

hi guys I had turp 2weks ago and still have very week flo I must add I was retaining 3000mls of urine ,so I'm wondering if anyone had same ,, and did bladder come back to normal size I wee 25 to50 mls and 450 to 550 from catheter in via spc

Last reply
  • REZUM done on 6-30-17 and after 9 weeks today 8-31-17

I as a patient would like to share my experience of REZUM, I have the following: 1. Can't pee for the first 3 weeks, and the 4th week, pee with all effort and only has around 25cc each trip 2. After 30 days, suddenly got improvement, has 50cc to 100cc each trip better than before REZUM and I had...

Last reply
  • Prostatitis Success Story

Hi, Noticed a lot of men disappear into the nether once they have gotten over their prostatitis and don't tell what they did to resolve it even after posting all over various forums, so thought I would make a post in the hope it may help someone else. I've had non-bacterial prostatitis...

Last reply
  • Having Urolift procedure in 2 weeks - Need help

I'm 65 years old and in good general health. I've been dealing with my prostate and bph for several years now. It's currently about 40g. Relatively small but still causing me problems urinating. I've learned how to self-cathe and that has kept me out of the ER several times. I'm having...

Last reply
  • Results from Green Light Laser surgery

Hello, Thanks to all for sharing your stories about GL laser surgery.  It was a big help for me, so I thought I'd return the favour following the GL surgery I had 4 weeks ago.  Here's a summary of the situation / results: Age: 53 Symptoms prior to surgery: Very slow stream, PVR approximately...

Last reply
  • FLA Updates

Maybe I missed them, but haven't seen too many updates lately. I think I counted seven to nine folks here who have had FLA. Should be more by now. What about the Dr. K. Study? Any data out yet? Please let us know how things are going. Jim

Last reply
  • Post Greenlight for Prostate 9 months

After Greenlight, my urine came out fast, recently it does not come out well or fast at all, in fact I wake up at night and in the morning it is  slow stream, and when I took Ultrasound, there appears to be incomplete emptying. What could be happening  My diet is very restricted just eat vegetables,...

Last reply
  • My Green Light prostatectomy

Background: 64 years old, good health overall, have had urinary issues since my 20s.  Also suffer from IBS and Interstitial Cystitis.  In the mid 90s was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis and with BPH.  Was put on doxazosin (Cardura 4mg), and have been taking it to this day.  Have...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.