Skip to content

Prostate Problems

Also known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Doxazosin for Prostate Enlargement, Flomax, Tamsulosin

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Picking a Procedure

Hello all.  We on here are only a part of the world of men that need help with there male problem's,  At least 70 years ago the only procedure there was for men's BPH problems was the TURP Procedure.  It worked very well for years and they are still doing them now.  But …

Last reply
  • My HOLEP Experience

I have been suffering with BPH for many years. I have had a PAE which didn't work for me. I have been on Alfuzosin for many years.  I had my HOLEP done by Mr Tev Aho at the Nuffield Hospital in Cambridge.  I went in yesterday 8th August at 7am and had my surgery at 8.30am. I had a …

Last reply
  • Prostate Volume Estimated From DRE Can Be Extremely Inaccurate

My urologist has estimated the size of my prostate as 40 mL based on a DRE.  Recently, my general practitioner had me undergo a transabdominal ultrasound.  The results from that imaging study shocked me.  My prostate size according to the ultrasound is 145 mL!!?  I questioned my …

Last reply
  • REZUM--HAVE YOU HAD THIS DONE???????

I had a nice conversation today with the President of the "Urology Times". He was telling me that there is a "New Procedure" that has been approved called the "REZUM SYSTEM".  The company that makes the system is called "NXThera, Inc".  You can …

Last reply
  • Urolift cancelled.

Hi all, Here is an update to my experience at the hospital on Wednesday, where I was scheduled to have the Urolift procedure. I left home around 10;00AM, having had a pee with a reasonable flowrate, and arrived at the hospital about 12:10PM. I needed the loo but found that I could not pass water. …

Last reply
  • prostate median lobe

I had this median lobe problem which no amount of natural supplements or drugs would solve so eventually surgery was the only sensible option, now when urologists and others say have TURP that may be fine for some but when it comes to a median lobe TURP in my opinion is something to be avoided as …

Last reply
  • Rezum Procedure 8-1-18

I just had the Rezum procedure. I am 52 years old and have had problems getting up 3xs+ a night to pee, with not a lot of production. I am coming up on the 5th day of a Foley catheter. The big question is what is it like coming off the catheter?

Last reply
  • TURP recovery

I had a TURP operation 3 weeks ago. My flow rate has improved considerably. There is still a small amount of blood passed at the start of urinating. Just after the operation my bladder capacity and interval between toilet visits was good but in the last week I have developed an extreme urgency to …

Last reply
  • Tamsulosin side effects

I was prescribed this 6 weeks ago. It worked OK. BUT last week I started getting lower back ache which also affected both upper thighs. I also got little chest pains in the sternum area which when I breathed in I could feel as well. The other strange effect was a tingling sensation upper right …

Last reply
  • Aquablation for BPH

Very promising new treatment for BPH now in clinical trials (Water Study): PROCEPT’s AquaBeam combines image guidance and robotics to deliver Aquablation, a waterjet ablation therapy that enables targeted, controlled, and heat-free removal of tissue for the treatment of lower urinary …

Last reply
  • Benign prostatic hyperplasia and Tamsulosin

Hi.  My husband suffered urinary retention for the first time just over two weeks ago.  He was seen in A & E and urine drained via catheter.  Went home that morning with the catheter which filled with blood so back to A&E where they decided he needed a larger catheter and …

Last reply
  • Prostate BPH - FLA in Houston UPDATE

It is now 8 weeks since my FLA operation in Houston.  Things could not be better. I have a good healthy stream and I have started to sleep right through the night without having to get up to pee. This is something that has not happened for so long that I thought getting up 6 or 7 times was …

Last reply
  • Help...really upset

my mother tongue not English,so if u read hard,i feel sorry. I feel frequent micturition for 2 months,and today my dc told that this certain prostatitis. I feel my whole world is black...I just 22 years old,just graduated from my university... who can tell me how long should I …

Last reply
  • Help

Has anyone experienced this So for six months I’ve suffered from stronger urine than normal urethra pain sore testical and my stool is quiet yellow and smells a lot stronger I think than it used to. I’ve had multiple blood tests multiple urine tests sti tests they all show normal every time of …

Last reply
  • UROLIFT with MEDIAN LOBES

Good morning all. I just waited to let everyone know that I just got a e-mail from NeoTract which does Urolift  They sent me information on the Urolift with Median Lobe.  Average age of the men was 50 with a prostate size of 80 CC At 1 month 65 % had a 80 % improvement. Quality of life …

Last reply
  • Cystoscopy Side Effects

Six months ago I had a PAE to help relieve my BPH symptoms. The procedure did help, somewhat, however, I continue to consider other, more aggressive options, to improve my urinary issues.  So, I began to discuss both laser and TURP options with my urologist (not the one who did the PAE) and …

Last reply
  • Finasteride

Just wondering if there are some men who can comment on this drug.  My Urologist wants me to take it to reduce the size of my prostate.  I have very mild bph symptoms.  I even sleep through the night without having to get up.  His concern is my psa score has gone up 2 points in 3 …

Last reply
  • Combodart (tamsulosin hydrochloride dutasteride) side effects

I was diagnosed with englarged Prostate and been put on these tablets to reduce and improve urine flow. I did 4 weeks of just Tamsulosin as the combination drug was unavailable in my area at the time. I hardly noticed any side effects with Tamsulosin and urine flow improved. Been on the Combodart …

Last reply
  • Self-catheterization

I have been recently had a total hip replacement. Immediately afterward I could not urinate. Note that prior to the surgery I did/do have BPH, and have been taking Alfuzosin (Uraxatrol). I have made 3 trips to the ER in the last two weeks. This last placement has been in for 8 days and is due to …

Last reply
  • Urolift.

After being on Tamsulosin for over five years now, together with Finasteride for the last 3, I am finally scheduled to have the Urolift procedure on Wednesday 8th August. I am, of course, hoping that, following the procedure, I can cease all drugs relating to  BPH symptoms and that I will, at …

Last reply
  • Urolift experience

Background: I'm 70 and have had a weak stream for over 30 years. Taking .4 mg tamsulosin M,W, & F every week and 81 mg aspirin per day. Have suffered bladder infections and one prostate biopsy (negative) in years past. Also, I have nocturia. But lately I started using a $12 chin strap …

Last reply
  • Anybody have experience with Hollister VaPro Touch Free Catheters

I get my catheters through the VA. I have been getting the Coloplast SpediCath 14Fr coude for a couple of years. Well I refilled my prescription last week and today I got 180 of the Hollister VaPro touch-free. I'm not sure I like the change... wondering if anybody has had any experience with …

Last reply
  • Chronic prostatitis

chronic prostatitis difficult to live with. Am not thinking stright with this disease any longer. Had a miserable day today. Don't know if I want to live any longer. Does anyone else have these feelings?

Last reply
  • Flomax v generics

I find the generic tamulosin on prescription on the NHS doesn't work as well as the branded Flomac. I was taking the prescription stuff for a few months and didn't realise my symptoms were getting worse slowly. I started taking branded flomax and started getting better results again. Anyone …

Last reply
  • Pain during erections

I am 5 plus weeks post op from TURP and am experiencing pain in my penis when hard, wondering if this is normal and will it dissipate?

Last reply
  • Intermittent self catheterization.

I have BPH and have avoided urologist recommendations to do a TURP. I have been intermittently self cathing on an as needed basis for almost 2 years. Prior to this I was urinating 24 times a day, with little actual volume per urination and retaining over a liter in my bladder. Are there negative …

Last reply
  • Prostatitis/Doxycycline

Good evening all, I was hoping I could vent and get some advice on this nightmare which is chronic prostatitis. I have suffered with pain at the tip of the penis/redness at the opening, slow urine flow/dribbling and scrotum pain for the last 14 months. In this time I have been given so many …

Last reply
  • Rezum Pocedure...

Hello fellow prostate problem sufferers. Has anyone had successful results with the Rezum precedure. It sounds good...like they all do, but what are the results with any of you? Less frequent urination? Increased flow, Sexual side effects ? I am 72, in "reasonably" good condition....but …

Last reply
  • Pain after removal of super public catheter

I had my SPC removed yesterday and was ecstatic until the soreness started about 6 hours later and it’s no better today 24 hours later and it’s still draining. It hurts like hell to get up from a sitting position not to mention walking. Has anyone an idea how long this soreness lasts? Or if it’s …

Last reply
  • New Speedicath FLEX being replaced by Speedicath FLEX Pro

Just got an email saying that the Coloplast Speedicath Flex is being discontinued soon and will be replaced by the Speedicath Flex Pro. They've added a curved tip to what looks like the same flexible material so it will now be technically more of a Coude. I wonder if this was done as product …

Last reply
  • Sore testicles

I’ve got very sore testicles my dr checked my prostate and said it’s normal now what do I do ?  I’m 37 always had sensitive testical but not to this extreme 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.