Skip to content
Ad

Prostate Problems

Also known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • REZUM--HAVE YOU HAD THIS DONE???????

I had a nice conversation today with the President of the "Urology Times". He was telling me that there is a "New Procedure" that has been approved called the "REZUM SYSTEM".  The company that makes the system is called "NXThera, Inc".  You can google...

Last reply
  • Aquablation for BPH

Very promising new treatment for BPH now in clinical trials (Water Study): PROCEPT’s AquaBeam combines image guidance and robotics to deliver Aquablation, a waterjet ablation therapy that enables targeted, controlled, and heat-free removal of tissue for the treatment of lower urinary tract...

Last reply
  • 3 days post procedure in Australia

Just has the pae done on the sunshine coast in Australia.  about an hour north of Brisbane for anyone interested.  it was part of a trial.  my doc trained in Portugal. ​have been reading others stories.  mine similar so far.  first urination after procedure was a revelation...

Posted
  • Water consumption

Recent tests diagnosing Diabetes, revealed Prostrate enlargement with indications of possible cancer, I drink TWO and a Half Litres of Sainsburys  Gently Sparkling mountain water everyday, ( and have been doing for 17 years) . Searching for information on Prostrates , NHS Direct advised not to drink...

Last reply
  • Should I Have Urolift or Something Else?

I've suffered from BPH for 30+ years. Had a TURP twenty years ago. BPH keeps coming back. Bad LUTS for years. Medication for a long time that no longer helps. Recently diagnosed with minor prostate cancer on which no one will operate. Fully familiar with catheterization. Question now is: Urolift...

Last reply
  • Making it through the dark times

I am an active 65 year old who works out regularly.  I’ve been on this site commenting sparingly but reading voraciously.  I came here to try to gain some insight into what I have been experiencing.  I hope my story can help alleviate some concerns of others who are going through the trials...

Last reply
  • Prostate Surgery

I just had prostate surgery 2 weeks ago. Can’t say it was a success cause I am having to catch myself 3 times a day. Doctor told me in advance I would have retrograde ejaculation everyone gets it. It means your cum goes backwards into your bladder and you will never see it again. Don’t think that is...

Last reply
  • Turp experience and questions

Hi there, JUst wanted to share my experience with my turp surgery. I'm 45yrs old, too young some say for me to having prostate issues but I put it down to my father side of the family (my father and uncles all currently suffer from enlarge prostates)  For the last couple of years been suffering...

Last reply
  • FLA for BPH and Chronic Prostatitis.... Long Post

Hey men, as some of you know, I am scheduled for FLA (focal laser ablation) with Dr. K in Houston TX next Thursday A little back ground, I am 54 with a 45 gm prostate that has the dreaded median lobe.  I had a failed PAE in Jan 2016, I had a really bad allergic reaction during/following the procedure,...

Last reply
  • HoLep patient guide from major London hosital

Perhaps this write up will give prospective patients a better understanding of the procedure .  http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/patient-information/urology/enlarged-prostate/holep-enlarged-prostate.pdf  

Last reply
  • Prostrate Worri

Hi, I have been having problems over the past few months where I am having to stand up to be able to pass urine. There are times when it actually stings while passing urine, I have previously put this down to the high dosage of prescribed Morphine. I am concerned that this might not be the case as I'm...

Last reply
  • MRI-fusion

I'm a 70 year old active physically fit adult.  I've had two prostate biopsies done in the past three years and possibly set for another upcoming one, after last week's MRI-fusion's results done at Scottsdale's Mayo Clinic:  Pirad-5 on the right side and an increase to a...

Last reply
  • The Urolift procedure; patient views and questions

Would it be possible to keep this thread purely about Urolift and a means of sharing experiences from those who have undergone the process and invite debate from those considering it. The Urolift process plus pros and cons are accurately described at many a website. Other very long threads discuss in...

Last reply
  • Focal Laser Ablation / Prostate Cyst - New Member Dr K Club

Add me to the Dr K Club. Yesterday Dr Karamanian with his professional nurse assistant Samantha (Prostate Laser Center Houston TX) used FLA (Focal Laser Ablation) to help me with my problem. I'm resting comfortably in my Houston hotel room as I type this. I discovered FLA and Dr. K on this forum...

Last reply
  • Any bad results from prostate artery embolization?

My family doctor was all for PAE until she checked with another doctor in the practice when she changed her mind.  She says there is a large danger if blocking the wrong arteries feeding either the bladder, rectum or both, obviously leading to very serious issues.  This could lead to surgery...

Last reply
  • Semen comes out after peeing

Hi, I'm getting pretty concerned now, almost every time if not every time I go to urinate after I have finished urinating about 2-10 seconds later seamen comes out of my flaccid (soft) penis. It doesn't just come out by itself most times, most times it makes me feel the need to push a bit and...

Last reply
  • Turp operation or laser ?or leave alone?

Hello there I am 59 years old, I have been diagnosed with bph for several. Years now , psa ok around 2.5 checked every year, symptoms getting worse, peeing several times during the night , also severe retention if leave it too long when need to go .do not leak! (Yet) and would appreciate feedback from...

Last reply
  • Flomax vs Finesteride

Hi Folks, Im a 66 year old male who has a enlarged prostate or weak bladder. Oncologist put me on Flomax but the side effects were horrible. I tried Saw Palmetto and have found it works very well for me. This may sound silly to some, but lately I have been thinking about taking propecia for hair loss....

Last reply
  • 22 yr old male with enlarged prostate

Please please can anyone help me , my son 22 as been told by his consultant that he as a prostate of a 80yr old man. In a matter of 2wks he's had a ultrasound, a camera up his penis , a flow test and a MRI scan. 7 consultants have looked at his results and cant give us any answers , they are baffled...

Last reply
  • Urolift Procedure In India

Hi All Have come across The UROLIFT procedure  I have been advised TURP but am not keen to go for the surgery Does anyone know of a Hospital that does the urolift procedure in India  In case NOT Did anyone manage to move out of India and had it done in any other location If YES where ...

Last reply
  • Drugs as an alternative to surgeries for BPH ???

In real life, whenever I met an older man, if the situations allowed, I always asked about their health experiences, and recently the questions have been about prostate problems. To my surprise, most of them chose medications over surgeries.    Leo, my neighbor, in his 80's, has been taking...

Last reply
  • Finally found the cause of my Prostatitis

After my 2nd test of just providing a semen sample, Staphylococcus was found to be my problem causing prostatitis.  This is good news to me since I have been dealing with this for 7 months and on and off for years.  I was on 2 weeks of Cipro and since it did not work and I am allergic to shell...

Last reply
  • Urolift this week by the NHS

Hi all, been a bit of a struggle but I'm down for a urolift op this coming Thursday. My area "Dorset" could only offer the TURPS procedure but at 51 feel this a bit like playing Russian roulette with my sex life. After much badgering I managed to persuade my GP to refer me to Basingstoke...

Last reply
  • Bacterial Prostatitis for 25 years

I suffered from Bacterial Prostatitis for a horrible 25 years. I took so much antibiotics I am amazed that I escaped liver and kidney damage. Doctors didn't know what to do, I begged my ediot Urologist for 3 years to remove my prostate but he refused and sent me to an Infectious disease doctor who...

Last reply
  • Help urinating at night.

From time to time when I get up to pee at night even though I have alot of pressure it is difficult to begin the stream. It oftens takes a couple of minutes to be rewarded with a weak stream... Daytime urination has not been an issue. The last few days this has become a nightly occurrence, and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.