Penis tip pain may be due to prostatitis

Posted , 12 users are following.

Ok everyone l will try to be as detailed as possible. Im 22. I've been having a weird pain at the tip of my penis that weirdly seems to vary weather on stress level or when I think about it. Flares up after bowel movements ? Defiantly hurts more after urination slightly. I've been to my primary care doctor and was prescribed hydrocodone for pain and that seemed to be the only thing that works. I've been through two waves of antibiotics and peridium (sorry for spelling )all the time. But I was initially diagnosed with an enlarged prostate and acute prostatitis after a CT scan and multiple xrays. After antobiotics didnt work went to urologist had a cystoscopy AND HE SAID I'M CLEAR. He says im to young for prostititis I have another appointment in like 12 days! What do I do now ??? Help I'm desperate. My primary care doctor wont prescribe me pain pills she says my Urologist has to do it but he wont. I haven't asked but I don't wanna seem like an addict. I'm losing hope with this pain some one please let me know

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If your doctor says you're too young to get prostatitis, get another doctor.

• Posted

THANK YOU. I will be getting a second opinion asap
    • Posted

It doesn't sound like you have bacterial Prostatitis, although an enlarged prostate at 22 seems to be a concern. Read my previous posts on dealing with pain (sitz bath / aspirin / medications) and working out the pelvic area (Yoga), which can cause shooting pains (prostate / perineum area).

The original ultrasound's company that you had are very important, since returning to the same place can give you more of an accurate measurement (changes prostate size).

The main concern is if your prostate is still growing at your age 22, which can be causing these types of pain.

Ask your doctor(s) the best way to determine if your prostate is growing in size, and explore the options in advace if it's a possible cause.

Possibly the only way of determing if your prostate is growing or just inflamed (Prostatitis), is additional ultrasounds scheduled as suggested by your doctor.

Work out a plan of action with your doctor, use strong aspirins with Sitz baths, and exercise the pelvic area with Yoga.

Not easy problem - GL

• Posted

Get a second opinion from another urologist. You can have prostatitis at any age. I had it in my 20's. Do not despair. Prostatitis can be treated plus it has a tendency to flair and go into remission on its own. I still have bouts of mild prostatitis but it was more painful when I was younger. 

Jim

• Posted

THANK YOU. I will be getting a second opinion asap
  • Posted

As previously mentioned, I can't see how you're too young for prostastitis. I can't believe a uro told you that. 

• Posted

Thank you all for the timely replies I will be going to another urologist asap
  • Posted

If you cannot get help from your doctors look for another one.
  • Posted

First of all John.  I'm sorry that your having a problem at a young age but you can get prostatitis at any age.  I have a friend that has had it from the age of 17.  I would also find myself 2 new doctor that care. Never cared for a women doctor.  I had one at 47 she told me I had prostate cancer and had to have it removed  The urologist checked and after alot of test found out I had a prostate infection.  Also how offen to you have sex.  Chronic Prostatitis you have to stop any kind of sex for at least a week.  It irrate the prostate.  Take care and let us know what is going one.  We are all here for you  Ken 

• Posted

hey, i have the same problem.  Keep the stress levels as low as possible, do your best to find a urologist who has some experience with chronic prostatitis, pain pills likely won't help but a low dose of Elavil is worth a try.  Any circumstances leading up to the symptoms (sex, an injury, ect)?  Where are you located?

• Posted

I am in CB iowa my urogist is Dr. Wakefield. I've had a second opium prescribed serious cream that has been unsuccessful injury may be possible from excessive "use" but would that show on cystoscopy?!

• Posted

I've had second opinions posted everywhere I'm losing hope I feel like suicide is my only escape please can anyone help please what can i do I've done so much this has to be a sign I need to go

• Posted

If you feel that bad, please please go back to your doctors.
    • Posted

it will improve over time but keep in mind it will ebb and flow, so don't dispair if you flare up.  Find a doctor you like, start an anti-depressent for pain management, and find a good behavorial psychologist to help you get through the tough times mentally/emotionally.  Keep up light exercise (walking and stretching), keep your diet as clean as possible, get lots of sleep, and try to get out to socialize every so often (even when you don't feel like it).

• Posted

AND STAY OFF THE INTERNET....visit sites like this one a maximum of once a week at the same time each week.
    • Posted

John try to relax.  I deal with prostatitis off and on.  I don't get pain in my penis mine goes numb.  It feel like hell.  You need to find a urologist that care enough about you and your problem.  You have to watch you diet what you drink light execise.  I just got back from Vegas and the 5 hour fight did a number on me sitting for that long.  Suicide is not the answer.  I was also told by my urologist stay away from sex for about a week.  A ejaculation will erriate the prostate.  I found that srange but it does work.  Take care  Ken 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.