Constant feeling in head of penis to urinate

Posted , 136 users are following.

45 male. 3 weeks of constant feeling of urine in head of penis - pressure. Urinating is a weak stream but get brief relief. Some hesitancy. No burn when urinating or pain anywhere else. No feeling in bladder just in the head of the penis. Going to the toilet a lot. Started after masturbating. All UTI, STI test negative. Painkiller and anti-inflammation pills don't work. Going crazy with the feeling. No previous penis trauma or surgeries. Had no meds. Dr won't give antibiotics as now infection noted. 

0 likes, 393 replies

393 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I meant NO infection noted. 
  • Edited

If he is not going to give you something I would go to see another doctor.  You may have a case of prostatitis.  It ca affect the whole area.   And going to the bathroom after you masturbating is normal.  It is the body's way of cleaning the pipes.  Try another doctor.  Ken

• Posted

I don't have any other pain because the feeling to urinate all the time in my head. It's doesn't burn to pee in fact I get relief when I do. I thought 💭 prostatitis was pain in rectum, between balls and rectum and pelvic pain. I am seeing a urologist tomorrow to get results from ultrasound so will ask about rectal exam then.

• Posted

You need to have your Prostate checked to see if it is abnormally large. I haven't seen all the symptoms you describe as a result of this nor the cause. However, some are very definitely related to an increase in it. You need to ask for it to be checked. The usual starting point is a digital rectal examination, crude, but a starting point. It might be worth having your PSE checked, another crude measure but again a starting point. The results of those will lead to a clearer direction to a proper diagnosis.

• Posted

PSE ? Do your mean a camera 📷 in the penis as I agree this would be worth while though I have thought this could cause scarring of the urethrea. I am getting results of ultrasound on kidney, bladder etc tomorrow and am assuming a prostate exam and camera 📷 up the pee hole 🕳? while be the next steps.

• Posted

You might have OAB I went round he houses about  5 times with similar symptoms. (and one prostate op) Ask for Betmiga from your doctor. 
    • Posted

I will ask me urologist tomorrow but I have no pain in the bladder. The constant urge to pee is in the head of my penis only.
  • Edited

Have you checked with your urologist about the use of a catheter.  That might relieve the pressure.
  • Edited

Have you tried pushing a small quantity of 1% hydrocortisone cream down the hole at the end?  Works for me when it happens
    • Posted

Ok 👌 thanks for the response. Mine doesn't burn. It more a constant pressure in the head like I have to pee all the time.

• Posted

Have taken some AZO today.. Feels better and stronger stream. I know it not a cure and I still need to find out what is wrong but def makes me think it bladder related.
  • Posted

Quick Update - Renal Tract Ultrasound came back clear, no hydronephrosis, scarring or calculus formation. An 8mm exophytic cyst is noted on the right mid pole. Bladder contours are normal, no mucosal lesions visible and prostate is not enlarged measuring at 16.6cc in volume. Possible stricture in urethra so booked cystoscopy for the 28th. He will fix anything up there if required, talked about widening the urethra. Pain is still solely in the head of the penis, no burning on urination just some discomfort at the tip and in the urethra in the head (not shaft) after urinating at times. Has given alpha blockers in the meantime. 
    • Posted

Hi Miktek! i am a man in my 40s, and I have the exact same symptoms as you. Can you please reply to let me know the results of your cytoscopy. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.