Prostatitis After Oral Sex

Posted , 51 users are following.

Dec 2018 . Had high risk unprotected oral sex. Next day started having pain in my penis particularly the head of my penis. 4-5 days later the pain go to my testicles then prostate. Now, still having issues. i.e Frequent nightly urine, pain in my penis, pain in prostate and legs/thighs, and complete lack of libido/erectile issues. All Stds negative. Any ideas? Should I get semen culture? Everything happened right after this foolish sex mistake. I believe it has to be some type of bacteria or unknown organism. As the issue has caused some irritation on my penis. If anybody else is dealing with similar symptoms or got prostatitis after some type of sex. Please pitch in your own input.

0 likes, 156 replies

156 Replies

Next
  • Edited

May be as simple as a UTI. Have your urine checked.

• Posted

Urine was already checked. Its past a UTI as issue is dealing with prostate.

• Posted

I have had many UTI's in the past and it rarely grows in response to lab culture. My own urologist is the same way, meaning, when he knows he has a UTI and he gives a urine sample but it shows nothing. There is something very common called non specific urethritis meaning the location is unknown but you are getting symptoms, could be anywhere from bladder, prostate, or urethra. Most times we don't know where the actual bacteria is living. It sounds to me like a course of doxycycline or cipro is in order, why not try it and see if you see get better.

Rob

• Posted

Thank you for your input. I took doxy for 2 weeks no help. Cipro for one week no help. Not even alittle bit of relief. I'd rather not take antibiotics again especially for a long period if im not completely sure it will do the job.

• Edited

Doxy will not penetrate the prostate, however cipro ( Fluoroquinolones ) have been proven to penetrate the prostate. But Cipro is an 2nd generation antibiotic that treats gram negative organisms and some gram positive, including Staphylococcus aureus but not Streptococcus pneumoniae. Consider 3rd Gen antibiotic like Levofloxacin, or even better 4th gen Trovafloxacin because it has a everything the 3rd gen has plus broad anaerobic coverage. They have proven in studies to penetrate prostate at a 100% rate in both animal and human studies.. Suck that I cant take it because of the side effects.. So my Dr. gave me Bactrim...

• Posted

any updates? your story is very similar to

mine

• Posted

the symptoms do sound like prostatitis but ive never heard that it can be caused by oral sex . have you had a DRE? if yes was the prostate sore to touch ? if it was then prostatitis is likely the cause . prostatitis wont show up on any urine or blood test , mine was finally diagnosed after a prostate biopsy. A course of 4-6 weeks of Cypro may help if its bacterial prostatitis .

have you seen a urologist yet ?

• Posted

Yes, several people have mentioned dealing with prostatitis after receiving oral sex(across the internet). Yes, I did DRE, prostate was sore to touch. It hurt like hell. Urologist then said it was prostatitis and issued more antibiotics(doxy), though I never finished the course because I was receiving no relief..

• Posted

you need a long dose of cypro or Doxy for prostatits as the prostate is hard for ABs to penetrate . i had 8 weeks originally and it took about 10 weeks in total for symptoms to go. . most cases of prostatitis are non bacterial so Ab's do nothing but it would seem likely in view of the circumstances yours IS bacterial. Mine them came back a couple of years later as the non bacterial kind and took months to disappear . The NhS recommends 6-8 weeks Ab's . Although its worth mentioning that these drugs do have a bad reputation and CAN cause serious non reversable side effects

• Posted

sorry 4-6 weeks Abs NhS recommends although i was put on a longer run by my UrO

• Posted

Appreciate the feedback. Ill look into it. Id rather use herbal antibiotics.. i.e garlic, oregano, thyme but i am also willing to do alot to have my life back so ill consider more antibiotics.. Did you finally have yours resolved? Also, Ive read about prostate massages while on antibiotics helping..

• Posted

typically it will disappear on its own, stress will make it worse. My first bout took 10 weeks ( whether the Abs sorted it or whether it just went i dont know) The next time i had it it lasted about 3 months , and Ab's did nothing. it can be quite distressing and painful and uncomfortable but its not life threatening and mostly will clear up on its own. The condition is not very well understood by the medical world . My URO advised against prostate massage saying it may stir up a hornets nest . Anti imflamatorys give some relief and Alpha blockers will help you urinate if that is an issue in your case.

• Posted

I see. The cause of our prostatits may be different as mine hasnt come and go.. so I cant depend on it to maybe resolve itself. Everything ive dealt with happened after this incident so Ill have to get to the bottom of the cause and treatment.

• Edited

IMPORTANT... Has your sex partner been checked out? You may have infected each other.

• Edited

This wasnt from my partner, just some random high risk person that i highly regret dealing with. It was a one and done, and i havent had any type of sex since. I wont stop until this is over.

• Posted

It will not be over for you until this high risk person is examined.

• Posted

Not true. As people have gotten past this without having the opposite person examined. Speak for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.