???HEALTH ANXIETY???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think i am suffering some severe health anxiety?

last year i was diagnosed with IBS, i went through so many tests, doctors waiting rooms, hospital emergency rooms, after hour doctors ..

I think since then ive become "obsessed" with the fact that i go crazy over the slightest symptoms and freak out over the tiniest fever or headache ?

This stresses me out so much again which isnt good for my IBS 

some one ??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It's is not  good stressing with IBS hope this helps 

stress it's how your body copes with the adrenaline it is not  used properly it's like Usain bolt he uses his adrenaline through running like a built he is anxious because off all the spectators and he uses it by running we don't we curl up in a ball and hope it passes if u run it of or exercise it should slowly go with out pain 😉

• Posted

Yeah I just tried to keep myself busy by moving around doing things, I found myself cleaning the bathroom at 12am!!! 

I need a hobby LOL 

• Posted

maybe you just have both problems.  Try not to read up too much medical stuff as it makes your health anxiety worse.

Richard

• Posted

Yes!!!! Googling and self diagnoses is honestly the worst thing. I'm literally up tlkn 5am researching until I find someone who's going through the same thing as me! 

That's why I started my account on here 

It makes me feel better 

• Posted

I'm the same, when my anxiety is high the health anxiety kicks in and really makes things so much worse. Therapy has helped but really the only way to stop it is to deal with the underlying anxiety as that's where it stems from
    • Posted

I've always wanted to try therapy.. But I'm too embarrassed to tell my mum, she's old school and will probably think I'm over exaggerating. So It'll probably end up in a fight sad i don't know how to explain it to her

My sister suffers from it too. But we don't tell our parents

• Posted

There's no need for parents to know until ure ready, see your doctor and they can arrange it. Even if ure mum doesn't understand that's OK, she doesn't need to,just so long as u and ure therapist do that's all that matters
    • Posted

I'm just such a nervous and shy person.. Ican open up alone unless I'm with someone I trust.. Eg my mum?? 

I haven't told anyone about this .. I find if I tell them I'll be a "drama queen" 

But they really don't know anything 

Oh well.

Thanks a million smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.