!HELP VERY SORE ITCHY RED IRRITATED LABIA!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently had sex with someone and a few days later My vagina starts itching and burning real bad now I have these red patches! (white stuff is monistat)

-dryness

-itchiness

-feels like cuts on labia

-white discharge (not monistat)

I'm thinking it's just a horrible yeast infection imageimageimage

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Best to go get checked, they can do a swab and confirm what it may be. It could be yeast, could be something else.

It could also just be irritation from the friction during sex. It depends, but I've experienced that and it can be very painful, itchy and irritating. Especially if there wasn't quite enough moisture or you're not used to all of that. However, since yours started a few days later, may be less likely, however I forget how long it took for mine to start when it was just from irritation. It felt so awful that I suspected infections but it wasn't.

It could even be a sensitivity to something that your partner washes with, had on their hands if they touched you, or a new soap or something that you've used.

Hope you get it figured out, but it shouldn't take long to get results if you go get it checked out.

Then, at least you'll know and if it does need any further treatment, they can give that to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.