" Hypodense Structure" ????

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently had a Pelvic/Abdominal CT scan done where they saw a Hypodense 2cm structure in the right ovary and said it may represent  a cyst. "hypodense structure" sounds scary...  I am 48 and have no idea what this could mean.  maybe someone has some information on this .  ( they also saw a Corpus luteum cyst on left ovary) 

Thank you for your time

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hypo is Greek for 'under' as in Hypothyroidism - when you have low thyroid. So Hypo dense probably means not very dense or fluid filled. Which is good in a way. And 2 cm isn't that big. However, I would get it removed sooner than later. 

• Posted

Thank  for your response Lisa. I’m going on the 8th for a TVU so hopefully that will help to see more of what’s going on.  I just get so nervous !!! 

• Posted

I guess we all get nervous to some extent. I tried to ask as many questions as possible so I had the knowledge to reassure me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.