Skip to content
Ad

Ovarian Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Sharon

Hi had my CT scan done today nerve racking waiting on results only positive thing just now is that my ca 125 was done in October high at 96 same test done last week and it is now 17 although I do know cyst has grown and pushing on my bladder so deffo op to remove it xx

• Sharon

Hi my ca125 test was apparently 96 on 20th october I was referred to gynae blood test was repeated on 15th november and it dropped to 17 cant understand the big drop as I have large ovarian cyst CT scan tomorrow still worrying myself sick x

• terric terric

Diet can relieve symptoms

Hello I am 44 years old and have been having left ovary pain sometimes alternates to the right for over a year some months worse than others. I am just discovering that a change in diet can help reduce inflammation. Inflammation seems to make the pain worse. I started myself on a no sugar diet and stopped...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 7 cm ovarian cyst

Hi , I have been having lower abdominal pains for several months now. I'm 48  and per menopausal , put the pains down to my age and hormones!! After seeing the Dr I was sent for an ultra sound which showed up something on my left ovary . The radiographer said it could have been my bowel covering...

Last reply
  • Sharon

Hi had my CT scan done today nerve racking waiting on results only positive thing just now is that my ca 125 was done in October high at 96 same test done last week and it is now 17 although I do know cyst has grown and pushing on my bladder so deffo op to remove it xx

Posted
  • Enlarged Ovary w/ 2 cysts, depression, anxiety, etc

Ladies, I do NOT know where to turn to. At what I first thought to be something going on with my brain, I've had many tests and finally a scan showed an enlarged ovary with 2 cysts. Before this was found, I had noticed my cycles were getting longer, from my usual 24 days to 31 days. My last period...

Last reply
  • Sharon

Hi my ca125 test was apparently 96 on 20th october I was referred to gynae blood test was repeated on 15th november and it dropped to 17 cant understand the big drop as I have large ovarian cyst CT scan tomorrow still worrying myself sick x

Posted
  • Unilateral Oophorectomy Recovery and symptoms?

Hi everyone!  I just had a 7cm cyst removed which resulted in having that Fallopian tube and right ovary removed also on October 19.  I know symptoms differ person to person, but I wanted to know what differences did everyone experience? I have hot flashes, drenching my bed in sweat at night,...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cysts

Hi all, I really would appreciate it if you guys could help me out with some anwsers please. I'm 17 years old and went to the doctors due to pain around my belly button and it was agonizing. She is basically 100% sure I have ovarian cysts On both of my ovaries. The pain is constant every day, most...

Last reply
  • Diet can relieve symptoms

Hello I am 44 years old and have been having left ovary pain sometimes alternates to the right for over a year some months worse than others. I am just discovering that a change in diet can help reduce inflammation. Inflammation seems to make the pain worse. I started myself on a no sugar diet and stopped...

Posted
  • Cyst on ovaries in gone!!!!

I just wanted to tell my story. I think so many people find out things are just fine, and then they stop googling and reading and we don't hear as many of the positive outcomes. So, first of all, I have had  bad anxiety for the past year or so. I went in to see my naturopath. I was telling him...

Last reply
  • Ovary cysts

A month ago I started to get extreme bloating and stomach gas that just did not go away. Then I started to get a lot of discomfort below my belly button which immediately caused anxiety because I always get scared of having cancer. Went to get an US of the abdomen and it was all clear. Then I went to...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Cyst and Scarring on right kidney

Hi All, Three weeks ago I went to the dr with really bad lower back pain and pain to my left hand side, it was also hard to pee. A water sample showed that I had a kidney infection for which I have had antibiotics for, this I believe has now cleared. The pain continues and is painful so the dr sent...

Posted
  • Weird ovarian cyst- cancer?

Hi, A few days ago gynecologist said, I have ovarian cyst. She said it propably isn't anything really bad, but she is sending me to the hospital, so I don't think it is "nothing". The cyst has something solid inside. Tomorrow I will do ROMA test and I am really scared yesterday...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cysts causing depression

Hello all,  A month ago I started to get extreme bloating and stomach gas that just did not go away. Then I started to get a lot of discomfort below my belly button which i

Posted
  • Sharon

Hi has anyone been sent for CT scan after seeing gynae for ovarian cyst if so how long did you wait for the scan xx

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst and raised CA125

Hi everyone, I really need some advice. A routine checkup revealed a large ovarian mass 10 cm on left ovary and a smaller one on right ovary. I began a series of tests and my CA 125 was 250. I am freaking out. My gyno surgeon is doing a laparoscopic procedure to remove the cysts but he is saying because...

Last reply
  • How long to wait for results- transvaginsl ultrasound.

Hi everyone. I have been experiencing lots of symptoms for about 5 weeks now which seem to change all the time; Too frequent menstruation, pelvic cramps, vaginal aching, diarrhoea, constipation, frequent urination, lower back ache, stomach bloating, upper abdominal pressure, various stabbing pains. I...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Cysts and surgical costs

We got married just two years before, and we don't have child. My wife had an ovarian cysts of more than 9cm and it was removed on 10th January 2017 by surgical treatment (laparotomy method).  Doctor had suggested us to conceive baby as soon as possible otherwise it might be chances of recurrence....

Posted
  • Does having an ovarian cyst affect your bowels? Please help!!!

Hi everyone! Since having my first ovarian cyst my bowels have been all over the place. Is this normal. I never know what my bowel movements are going to be like from one day to the next. When I spoke to my gynae he said that it shouldnt affect my bowels but these changes only started at time I had...

Last reply
  • Dermoid cyst: to remove or not to remove!

hi, i do hope someone could give me some advice.  i have a 3cm dermoid on one of my ovaries.  i've been seen by two consultants at two hospitals (went for a second opinion).  one says conservative management is fine as i have no symptoms (although in the last 5 months i've had...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst and missed period

I had been diagnosed with an 8cm functional ovarian cyst. My periods have always been like clockwork, they're really regular. If I'm late, it's only for a couple days, but never beyond that. From what I read, ovarian cysts can cause you to miss your period. However, considering the size...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst pain for 6 months

Hello everyone. I am 25 years old and have been dealing with a dull pain for six months. After seeing countless of doctors and gynos, an ER doctor decided to do a transvaginal ultrasound and found that I have two cysts. One on my right and one on my left ovary. He told me it is the left ovarian cyst...

Last reply
  • Handy tips after a laparotomy cyst removal

Having had a laparotomy a few weeks ago I have been asked lots of questions on this forum regarding my recovery. I thought it may help anyone who has just had the operation to remove cysts (including a laparoscopy) or facing the operation in the near future to have a few ideas to help them. Everyone's...

Last reply
  • Pelvic mass

Hi,just wondered if there is anyone going through something similar to me....I have been diagnosed with a large pelvic mass,long story short visited Dr feeling bit fluey and pressure down below,followed by painful period,had ca125 test which came back high followed by a ultrasound where the nurse took...

Last reply
  • Option to freeze eggs before op to remove ovarian cysts

Hi Does anyone know if there is an option to have eggs removed and frozen on the nhs prior to or during an operation to remove cysts from ovaries? I have two cysts 8cm and 5cm, Im due to have an op to remove them in 3 weeks, ive been told that worse case scenario my ovaries may have to be removed too.No...

Last reply
  • Painful ovaries and periods resolving

I have been having painful ovaries mostly on the left sometimes on the right from cysts. And for the past year my periods have become more painful. Could not take enough ibuprofen. I have changed my diet to lectin reduced diet with unbelievable results. I have been following Dr. Gundry's  plant...

Last reply
  • My experience of huge complex ovarian cyst

More of a story than a question in case it helps some of you get through the scary waiting time. I know that it is really hard as if you have this problem you will be looking for information and realising at the same time that your situation is only yours. I am telling you so that you can hope for...

Last reply
  • Dissolvable internal stitches

Hi I’m looking for some advice , I had 4 dermoid cysts removed from my left ovary  2 weeks ago and my ovary had to be reconstructed. I’m just wondering how long it takes for the stitches to dissolve and disappear internally and when it’s safe to have sexual intercourse again ? Also they warned...

Posted
  • I have pain for many months,,,

I was diagnosed with pcos to both ovaries, I was on treatment of clomid for a month,, I want a child ,,,but nothing happened after clomid,,, I think I ovulate cos I wAs having terrible pain,, and I think my ovary was sowellen

Posted
  • Enlarged ovary post hysterectomy 8 yrs

I recently passed out at work. I had severe right side pain in back and abdomen, as well as pelvis area. Went to e.r, labs all good. Had a ct and found my left ovary was enlarged and to follow up with gyno sr. That was all that was said. Has anyone exoereineced this before. Would my left ovary...

Posted
  • I have bilatral ovarian cysts :'(

Hi Im 22 years, diagnosed with bilateral ovarian cysts 6 cm Can that affect my ability to have kids in the future ? And what I should to do with it? Plz if u know anything about it tell me

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst, what to expect?

Morning I went to my GP on Wednesday with some bloating and a heavy feeling. I was aware of a lump in my stomach and expected her to say I had a mild hernia from over exercising.  She did an examination of my stomach and said she could feel a large swelling. She then did an internal examination....

Last reply
  • 7cm 'simple cyst' on ovary advice needed

Hi all. I have been on the mini pill for a few years now and my periods have always been regular and what I would call normal. The last few months they have been a little all over the shop and of an unpredictable flow. I've had bloating and pain in my left side and lower back with painful intercourse....

Last reply
  • Dermoid Cysts

Hi, I had a large dermoid cyst on my left ovary and had it, along with my ovary, removed six years ago. I've now found another dermoid cyst on my right ovary (remaining ovary). My gynaecologist wanted to discuss the next step with other professionals as obviously I want to have children in the future...

Last reply
  • side effects of 1 ovary being removed??

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice... I am having surgery in 3 weeks to remove a 11cm complex ovarian cyst. It needs to be tested once removed. I had a CT scan which showed no cancer around the ovary and cyst but they told me the final test is to test the cyst once removed. My CA125...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.