Skip to content
Ad

Ovarian Cyst

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Just had a pelvis ultrasound....

Hi,  I wonder if anybody could give me some info. A few months ago I was went to my doctors. my periods are so irregular, sometimes I won't have one for 50-70 days! My stomach feels bloated, I'm ALWAYS tired.  He sent me for a pelvic ultrasound and an internal one. I had the pelvic...

Last reply
  • Dermoid cyst

Hi i am waiting on my op to remove both dermoid cysts which are both on my left ovary so also having to get my ovary taken away aswell Not getting my op until march though..but i am sick of being in pain being bloated and constantly feeling tired also getting my period every two weeks its a nightmare..i...

Last reply
  • Can a benign ovarian cyst turn to cancer later?

Hi I am interested to know if anyone has been post menopause and had a cyst which was determined as benign originally but a few years later became cancerous? I have a 4cm cyst which has been decided is benign and i could have it monitored but im unsure so im trying to decide if best to have ovaries...

Last reply
  • Could anyone please help me to understand the ultrasound findings

Hello I have previously posted about having an ultrasound and being worried, I have recently gone to my GP to get my results about my ultra sound before seeing the consultant, so that I can have a better understanding before I see them. And wondered if any of you could shed any light on the findings. ...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Cancer

I hate Google. Anyone can put anything on there and people like me use it like fools to diagnose themselves. Anyway, I’ve been having what felt like indigestion since Labor Day. It started as a pain on the upper right side of my back. It moved around, like gas almost. I was also belching a lot. Then...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst can cause acne?

Hi! I have a 4cm large cyst on my left ovary and some little folliculus. It will be removed 3 weeks later. My cyst is sometimes larger, sometimes minor, then larger again, and so on... Is it possible it is on my ovary for a long time? I feel pain on my left side for years. Do you think this cyst can...

Last reply
  • Periods after Ovarian cyst removal, care to share?

Hi everyone, I had my dermoid cyst, right ovary and tube removed in July and although I found the recovery hard at first I did recover well and all is great now apart from the periods! I had a bleed immediately after surgery and had to wear a pad for a few days. Bearing in mind that my periods before...

Last reply
  • Help! Just been diagnosed with a cyst with estimated 4l volume!

I'm 39 and just had an ultrasound confirming a cyst with an estimated volume of 4l (?!) from my right ovary extending into my abdomen, a small cyst on my left ovary and a small kidney cyst. The last two are presumed normal. I look as though I'm 9months pregnant. I'm waiting on a ct and consultant...

Last reply
  • Dermoid Cyst on right ovary, most pain on left side?

Hello can someone please give me some advice as im so worried im gynaecologist originally thought i had endometriosis because i would get pain just before my period only (for 6 months).. i saw her two weeks ago and my untrasound scan showed that i had a large cyst on my right ovary. She sent me for...

Last reply
  • Does having an ovarian cyst affect your bowels? Please help!!!

Hi everyone! Since having my first ovarian cyst my bowels have been all over the place. Is this normal. I never know what my bowel movements are going to be like from one day to the next. When I spoke to my gynae he said that it shouldnt affect my bowels but these changes only started at time I had...

Last reply
  • PostMenopausal Ovarian Cysts

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me out. My Mom is 59 years old, and goes to a GYN regularly. During one of her yearly checkups, two small cysts were found on her ovary. They were small so both the PA, and the DR couldn't feel them; only appeared on an internal sono. The Doctor isn't worried...

Last reply
  • Fibroids & Ovarian cysts

Hello, I've been having a dull pain in my pelvic area and in my lower back. At first I thought it was ovulation pain but when it didn't stop I went in to see a doctor. After a transvaginal scan, he found a fibroid (just slightly bigger than an egg) and 2 small cysts on my left ovary. He said...

Last reply
  • Possible ruptured cyst after early pregnancy scan

Hi i went for an early pregnancy scan yesterday and the doctor said she was struggling to find my right ovary due to my bladder being a bit full. She did mention that there was slme fluid leaking and she thinks it may be a ruptured ovarian cyst... she has asked me to go back in 1 weem to check it. I...

Last reply
  • Large septated ovarion cyst

My mom has an ovarion cyst that is 12.8 x 11.7 x 10.9 cms big with mural and septation nudality along with doppler flow. There is free pelvic fluid and i was told her ca 125 levels are not to high. The gyn oncologists say they are perparing for cancer and suspect is malignant. Is there any chance its...

Last reply
  • 4cm dermoid cyst...what now?!

Hello I have been following a right side ovarian dermoid cyst for about 6-7 years. It started at 3cm and has now gone to 4cm. I have just had the ultrasound and will see the gynaecologist in February. I am  worried and February seems like a long way away. I am also going on a holiday for 2 months...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Cyst

So, just got diagnosed with an ovarian cyst (complex). I know nothing about what is going to happen from here. Looking for some support/advice on what I should do. I am super worried. It is 8cmx6cm in size. Any advice out there? This is very much appreciated. A WORRIED TEACHER

Last reply
  • Large Ovarian Cyst Operation... Terrified!

End of August this year I was diagnosed with an Ovarian Cyst that they believe is 30cm. I'm booked in for surgery the end of this month and I am terrified of the recovery period and the operation too because 1. Im a nurse and know what they do and 2. Because I don't want to wake up with no reproductive...

Last reply
  • Symptom Comparison

Hello, I am Christy from the US and I am 36.  Goodness I just scrolled to the top to add my name and this is a long post. I apologize.  I have been having symptoms of an ovarian cyst and wanted to compare notes.  I went to the endocrinologist for what I thought was a thyroid issue (could...

Last reply
  • Ovarian complex cyst older woman

i am 76 years old and have been told I have a complex cyst in my left ovary 6cm. Older persons do not have cysts? so looks more than likely cancer? My hope is that its benign but do many older people get benign? just so worried and i suppose looking for reassurance. I was told yesterday after visit...

Last reply
  • Should I be worried after ovarian cystectomy?

I had a 6cm ovarian cyst removed from my left ovary in August 16th. I’ve had a pretty normal recovery but went back to work as a bartender 6 days after my surgery and I felt fine - didn’t lift anything heavy, etc. I have had one period since then, which ended about a week and a half ago, and it was abnormally...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cancer

Hi I just could really do with some support right now....yesterday I was diagnosed with a 18cm cyst on my right ovary....I had been noticing some bloating and last week started suffering with pressure on my bladder.. prior to this was starting to miss a few periods so was just thinking a it was down...

Last reply
  • Dermoid suddenly appearing?

Hi Guys, Hope you can help, this is my first post here.. I had my 12 week scan and turns out I have a 4cm dermoid cyst. I had a transvaginal ultrasound just before I found out I was pregnant (14 weeks before this 12 week scan) and there was no dermoid cyst.  I will have a follow up scan in 6...

Last reply
  • Mri results

Hi, I'm just wondering how long the wait normally is for results for MRI scan and what the norm is for receiving them; do you get a letter if it's good or bad news or do they ring you sooner if it's bad news? I had the scan 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything but when I came out, they...

Last reply
  • Pain in lower right abdomen

After my son was born I started to have pain in my lower right abdomen. It doesnt happen every day or every month. It mainly happens every 4-5 months if that, it may be longer. When it does, I can not stretch out my right leg. It pulses down my leg and its almost a numbing painful feeling. When it hits,...

Last reply
  • a ovarian cyst 6 weeks ago.

6 weeks ago i had an ovarian ruptured cyst , since surgury i have been heavily bleeding. I told the doctors about the bleeding but he seemed happy enough to send me home (after being in hospial 4 days) just wondered if anyone would know or help me find out what this is. I went to the doctors last week...

Posted
  • Do i have ovarian cancer

am a 27 year old mother of 2. Recently i desided to practice what i preach as a case manager in which i got a pcp. I thought im young and healthy so why worry. At my first pcp appointment in years i had blood work done. The blood work destroyed my life. I webmd and googled all my results and symptoms....

Last reply
  • Those who've had nhs surgery, few questions...

Hi all, hope all is well 😊 I was just wondering if any of you could give me your experiences? After surgery, how did you find out what happened during the op? Ie. What had to be performed, what was found, what type of cyst, how big cyst was etc? Was you spoken to by surgeon/consultant/nurse...

Last reply
  • Dermoid cysts

Hi there, Has anyone else had major issues with dermoid cysts? Any issues getting pregnant after surgery?  I've had three operations because of them and my second one I lost my right ovary because it was 23cm.  My third operation was an urgent one and I was fully hoping they'd take...

Last reply
  • Spoke to soon

Hi all                                                             Well I think I spoke too soon when I said  everything is fine, now getting a horrible...

Last reply
  • Bilateral Complex Cysts

Hi there, So, I was diagnosed with a complex cyst on each ovary.  One is about 2 cm and the other is about 1.6cm.  I'm 32 and have never had kids. I'm so worried that this will interfere with my fertility due to having to have surgery or ovary removal. Has anyone had this? What was...

Last reply
  • Handy tips after a laparotomy cyst removal

Having had a laparotomy a few weeks ago I have been asked lots of questions on this forum regarding my recovery. I thought it may help anyone who has just had the operation to remove cysts (including a laparoscopy) or facing the operation in the near future to have a few ideas to help them. Everyone's...

Last reply
  • Bilateral complex cysts - worried

Ok I went to the doctors due to pelvic pain and heavy periods something I suffered with in my 20s which never got investigated at the time although a mature teratoma was found when I was pregnant with my daughter and removed when I had my c section. Which improved the symptoms now 35 I have pelvic pain...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.