Skip to content
Ad

Ovarian Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 6 weeks post ovary removal

im feeling fed up, its been 6 weeks since having ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed and still feeling bloated and sore especially at the incision site around pubic area, struggle to get out of a chair and can't tolerate trousers still, anybody else feeling the same?

Last reply
  • Large ovarian cyst - recovery help/ advice please

Hi, I had surgery 14 days ago at 7 weeks pregnant, due to the size and unknown nature of my cyst I had to have laporatony procedure. to ensure no leakage. It turns out my cyst was a simple fluid filled cyst . It was drained and removed. I was in excruciating pain with my cyst every few hours for almost...

Posted
  • Went in for Uti

I made an appointment to get tested if I had a uti and sure enough yes. Then I had her look at my stomach because the past 2 weeks it's been distended. She immediately thought I was pregnant and I said there is no chance. Then she did an ultrasound and I have a 15 cm ovarian cyst. She wants me to...

Posted
  • Oopherectomy Recovery

i am due to have Salpingo oopherectomy on Thursday . All being well it is to be done by keyhole surgery . Can anyone tell me what to expect regarding recovery . How long am I likely to have off work ? Will I be in much pain post surgery ?  Some people are saying they returned to work within a few...

Last reply
  • burst ovarian cyst - how long does the pain last?

Hi everyone, Saturday 12th A cyst that I didn't know I had, on my ovary, had burst. It's been nearlly a week now and I'm still getting horrible stomach pains and also having trouble going to the toilet (sorry for tmi!) I don't know if it's the fluid on my right side causing me to...

Last reply
  • G14 G14

Possible Ovarian Cyst?

Approximately 6 weeks ago I was awoken during the night with severe lower abdominal pain. I was menstruating however, the pain was distinctively different. The pain subsided mostly after about 2 hours. However, since that day I have had daily abdominal pain (both dull and stabbing) while the...

Last reply
  • Pre op over

Hi  went for my pre op tue 15 th  was anxious but no need to have been everyone was so nice ,  had an e c g  bloods  and a long chat with a lovely nurse who understood how scared I was. So that's the first part over  the 11 th sept is only weeks away now and  I...

Last reply
  • Terrified

Even though I'm terrified of having my op on 11th sept, this site has really helped me  feel a bit easier about the whole thing. Everyone is so reassuring and I know everyone has pre op felt scared but I have just read  a posting that  made me laugh this lady ended up after cancelling...

Last reply
  • Overwhelmed ... 27cm cyst

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I've been reading your posts for the past couple days to help ease my mind. My name is Cassie and I'm 29 years old, I was diagnosed this week with a 27cm mucus filled cyst (they did give me a name but it trailed off in my head) after an ultrasound for a suspected...

Last reply
  • Very emotional, surgery soon, fingers crossed.

I am still waiting for surgery on my ovarian cysts (I have four, bilateral, the largest is 19cm at the MRI 14 months ago). I now have a date, in early September and I've had the pre-assessment. I am just really wound up because I have waited SO long (over 3 years). My stomach is now HUGE. I have...

Last reply
  • Burst ovarian cyst or eptopic pregnancy?

Hi all, I'm 21, Around 5 days ago I went to a theme park and also took a laxative the same night (I went to the hospital the day before and the doctor told me I was just constipated and to take one) and the same night I woke up about 3-4 times with excruciating pain in my lower abdomen and right...

Last reply
  • Burst Ovarian Cyst

Hi everyone! I am hoping someone will have been in this situation and will be able to offer some advice. I am 24, went to GP with pain in lower right abdomen, nausea, stomach cramps and diahorrea 6 days ago, suspected appendicitis, told if pain remained call again and would be admitted to hospital. Day...

Last reply
  • Having weird symptoms

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with a large teratoma on my right ovary. I was supposed to have surgery on Aug10 but was cancelled because my insurance is taking awhile to be set up. I've been having pain since Aug2 on my right abdominal side it goes to my hip and pelvis (it's been bearable lately...

Last reply
  • 10cm cyst

Hi all.   Got my pre op next tues and have been told it could take between one and two hours. Just wondering what will be happening it seems a long time.          Karen x

Last reply
  • Surgery in two days, pretty anxious and terrified?

I have a particularly large ovarian cyst on my left ovary, all I know at the moment is that it measures 19cm. I had to get blood taken yesterday and I just found out from my doctor that results came back abnormal, but she said that it can be inaccurate for young people. I've started feeling pain...

Last reply
  • I am scared because of an 17cm ovarian cyst

I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst 17cm big. My GP sent me to gynecologist and they told me I need an MRI. I have an appointment with a surgeon in 5 days . When they gave me the appointment for the MRI they told me they have to do it on me on the third week of my period so If my period come I...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Dermoid Cyst - Very Painful!!

I started having pain in my lower left side in October of last year, it wasnt too bad so I didnt go to the doctors until january as I thought it may go away. I suspected I may have a Cyst and told the doctor and he refered me for a scan. I had a scan in mid Feb and I was diagnosed with a Dermoid Ovarian...

Last reply
  • Pain and recovery after laproscopy

I had my pre_op appointment yesterday as I will be having a complex laproscopy to remove a complex cyst and endometriosis. What I found frustrating is my surgeon who is highly regarded said I will not be in much pain at all afterwards and I can be up and going well the following day. Hiw can I believe...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst, help!

I was diagnosed with a ovarian cyst a week ago. I still haven't received the result of the CA 125 test. The bleeding is quite heavy and I don't know whether that's expected or not? I have pain and aches everywhere (particularly in my upper back which seems strange to me?) I'm get not...

Posted
  • Transvaginal ultrasound

Hi. For the past 6 weeks of so I have had this immeasurable pain in my right side by the ovary. Pain so bad it basically paralyzes me from the waste down. No amount of pain meds help.  So this past Sunday it happened again and I couldn't walk to go to the ER while it was going on, but I went...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Cyst 23 cm ( 9.5 inch )

An ultrasound scan has detected a big 23cm ( 9.5 inch ) ovarian cyst. I am 62 years old have no pain but a very large swollen stomach, Has anyone had such a large cyst or had a cyst at my age? If yes please let me know how the surgery went. My surgeon is treating my case as urgent and tomorrow I go for...

Last reply
  • complex cyst operation

Hi everyone. I will be having a surgery in two weeks. I felt so concerned today during my pre-operative appointment when I was told that it is complicated operative laporoscopy which includes more than one procedure: hysteroscopy+dilation and cutterage+laporoscopy and excision of endometriosis +ovarian...

Posted
  • Ovarian cysts question

Hello all!! I had two cysts about 2 months ago on an ultasound they were about 2.5m big. I was in horrible pain and that is how I found out about them. So my doctor wants to check up on them . I have not had any symptoms since then. The only thing is I have cramps while on my period. I just do not feel...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst removal

Last week, an ultrasound scan revealed a 10cm cyst on my left ovary. I've been referred to gynaecology, I'm just waiting for my appointment to come through. I have been told, though, that I will need surgery to remove it. I have a few questions: Has anyone been through this before who could tell...

Last reply
  • 25cm Ovarian Cyst...very worried!

Three weeks ago, an ultrasound scan revealed a 25cm cyst on my left ovary. I have had absolutley no symtoms other than a large distended stomach, but I was away travelling for a few months and I thought it was just my diet until the ultrasound. Three weeks later, I still have no symptoms other than a...

Last reply
  • Looking for advice please

I got results back today from my transvaginal ultrasound it says I have a uterine fibroid measures 1.9 11 1.2 CT it is day 27 of the cycle.Does anyone know what that means and this fibroid can this be what's causing the moderate blood in my urine and also the urine retention I have on and off,also...

Posted
  • Adnexal mass 4cm what could this be?

I recently had a transvaginal ultrasound which was very painful, the sonographer said this was due to the mass in my right hand side. It appears it is not on the ovary and it was suggested that it may be a cystic mass. I am awaiting a follow up but am worried in the meantime as to what this could be....

Last reply
  • I have to have a large ovarian cyst removed and I'm petrified!

Hi guys, I'm 29, fit and healthy etc slim build, and about a year ago, I started getting ripping pains in my right hand side, I went to the doctor and she sent me for a scan which revealed a Large ovarian cyst on my right ovary which measures around 17cm.. I also look pregnant! I was ment to have...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Cyst Pain Relief

Hi all, I have a semi-large ovarian cyst on my left ovary. Some days I forget I even have it, but other days (like today), I am in constant pain. The pain is so bad I can barely walk and it's radiating through my back and down my thigh. I'm in a waiting period with my gyno to determine how long...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Cyst

Hi everyone this past month I found out I had a very large cyst on my right ovary and that it would have to be removed I've been scheduled for surgery on Aug10 but today I woke up with a lot of pain and I wanted to know if you guys had any tips on how to "deal" or lessen it? I've tried...

Last reply
  • Looking for advice please

I been not well lately,having alot of abdominal issues.Had a cat scan and it came back small ascites in pelvis also said left ovary measures up to 4 Cm and contains a peripherally enhancing small cyst.Are cat scans accurate on what type of cyst is on ovary and the size.Also having urination issues and...

Last reply
  • Long post - ovarian cyst

Hi all, I've been reading on here for a while but thought I'd finally post - I'm quite fed up. I've had a cyst before although small which was spotted during a pregnancy scan 10 years ago.  For about a year I've had continuous bloating and on a few cycles spotting between periods....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.