Skip to content

Ovarian Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • elevated CA 125

Hi everyone I have had an elevated ca 125 the last few months.  The first time it was 61 and the second time it was 51.  I have multiple fibroids in my uterus, largest is 5cm also two ovarian cysts.  one in each ovary.  one is a dermoid.  I have had nausea and vomiting, …

Posted
  • Recurrent Ovarian Mass

I had a laparoscopy on July 9th, at which time they removed a 2cm Mucinous cystadenoma. Pathology came back benign. Fast forward to today when I had a cat scan done for possible kidney stone. The ct scan read that I have a 7cm mass again on the left ovary. The Dr who did the report didn’t know …

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst removal post op pain

11 weeks ago I have a ovarian cyst removed along with my right ovary. By about week 5 I was doing quite well then in week 7 end of I went downhill with a lot of discomfort in the operation area, because of my consultant being slow about getting things sorted I was in so much pain I went to …

Last reply
  • Anyone have pain with hemorrhagic cyst

I have a dull lower back pain that feels like it radiates in a ring around my pelvic area. It’s not excruciating...just dull. I had an abdominal ultrasound a couple weeks ago and they saw a hemorrhagic cyst on my R ovary. My left was not well visualized transvaginally, only transabdominally. Anyone …

Posted
  • 24 years old 3rd surgery in 5 months

I posted here once before. I had my first complex cyst in early April they removed it asap because it was inside the right ovary 5 cm and hemorrhaging. Late July/August I was have similar pain and symptoms like before, get an exam and Ultrasound sure enough it was another cyst this time it was 7-8 …

Last reply
  • Ovarian cysts pain and other symptoms ive been having recently

Hi there ladies! So I wanted to share with you my recent situation. Long story short I had a cyst on my ovaries that ruptured and caused internal bleeding back in early March 2018. I've gone to the hospital and was treated poorly ,given little information and was told to followed up with my …

Last reply
  • Prevention

I am post op 3 weeks exactly have had open surgery and had to have my right ovary removed. It was a shock to find out that I had a 15lbs of a cyst growing inside of me. I am scared of this happening again to my left one. Has anyone any suggestions for prevention. I am due to see my consultant for …

Last reply
  • One ovary removed-what to expect?

I have had one ovary removed due to a 15lbs cyst. I have one ovary remaining. I am recovering from the surgery. Can anyone tell me are there any differences in cycles or what can I expect?

Last reply
  • Had 25cm cyst removed

Hi. I just thought I'd update you. Went in Tues morning for open surgery on cyst plus full hysterectomy. Op went fine. I stayed in one night. Cyst was 25cm long, 5 litres fluid was drained and it weighed 2.5kg. Feel tender on stomach as cut from pelvis to inch above navel. On …

Last reply
  • Laparotomy scheduled in October to remove right ovary

Hi everyone! I found out a few months ago that I have large cyst on my right ovary. After having an MRI my gynecologist said it is an 8cm dermoid cyst and he cannot remove it laparoscopicly because it's too risky. I was rushed through my appointment because he was behind and had a waiting room …

Last reply
  • Really need help - 11 months after unilateral oophorectomy.

Dear ladies..  I’m new here, and I found this forum after months of hard research. First of all, I apologise for my bad english I’m 37, and 11 months ago I had my right ovary and tube removed because a Borderline Tumor (this name is terrible, but actually is “just” an ugly and serous cyst)& …

Last reply
  • Belly Button ouzing

Hi ladies,  I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend- I absolutely know I need to go see my GP but just wondered if this had happened to anyone else. I had my laparoscopy to remove a haemoragic cyst on my right ovary on the 24th August and since then I can feel a hard lump just under the …

Last reply
  • Night Sweats and Hot Flushes After Unilateral Oophorectomy

Hello everyone, I've decided to write to you all because I am struggling to find much information about the different types or intensities of hormonal changes immediately after the removal of one ovary. 5 days ago, I had a 10cm complex cyst removed along with my left ovary. The surgeon said …

Last reply
  • Ready for the hills with ovarian cyst on my left ovary!!

i was dignosed with a 6cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary in the 6th of March I’m currently waiting on ivf but now waiting on a laporcopy to remove the cyst cuz it hasn’t went away itself I’ve been to the doctors the las month about 5 times an a and e twice they said I was constipated I have constant …

Last reply
  • Ovarian cysts very confused

So I was initially sent for a US as i had a period that lasted 13 weeks i was passing clot s the size of my hand also had pain and nausea etc.. At the US it was confirmed i had a 10cm cyst on my left ovary and a 5cm on the right. Was reffered to a gyn who sent me for a further IS in 6 weeks and a …

Last reply
  • 10 weeks post op stomach pain from cyst and ovary removal

10 weeks ago I had a 32 cm cyst attached to my right ovary removed and in the last three weeks my stomach has been getting bad really painful. I had a blood test which showed inflammation i a few days ago went to emergency with really bad pain they kept me in and the next day did s CT scan which …

Last reply
  • So worried

Hello! I’m 33 years old and was just told I have a complex 11cm cyst on my right ovary. I had a CT a scan and ultrasound and am told it “looks” like fluid but I have to have an MRI on Thursday.  There are so many things I’m freaking out about. Cancer is the first. I lost my dad 2 years …

Last reply
  • A long time to wait

I’ve just been diagnosed with an ovarian cysts and a fibroid in a lot of pain I got an appointment to see a gynaecologist but not till December I’m really worried that the cyst can change cancerous 

Last reply
  • Ovarian Pain?

Needing some reassurance/guidance. I’m 43 y/o (post-partial hysterectomy 2yrs ago) and am currently  having some other wacky health issues that I believe are related to my thyroid. To make matters worse, I am still on a new job probation until September 1 so I have no insurance currently.   …

Last reply
  • Results are in for Abdominal US

My ultrasound showed a “Complex cystic structure measuring 4.7 x 4cm with multiple intrinsic septations and mild echogenic nodularity along periphery. Findings may reflect prominent hemorrhagic cyst, although follow up evaluation is recommended in 4-6 weeks to ensure resolution. If not improved, …

Posted
  • Results in a couple days?

Is it a good sign after a pelvic ultrasound when the sonographer tells you the results will be with your doctor in a couple days? You would think if it was something suspicious, like a mass, they would have said sooner (like by end of day), right?

Last reply
  • Concerned. Please! Please respond!

How many of you with ovarian cysts had bloating AND indigestion without a malignant finding? I’m 43. I’ve had bloating and indigestion for almost a month (thought it was my GERD). My pain started 5-7 days ago, although I’ve noticed some mild cramping on the left side when I would lay on my stomach …

Last reply
  • Cyst connection?

I’ve had ovarian cyst issues for years, finally diagnosed in my early 20’s. Due to endometriosis I had a hysterectomy at 34. The past 6 months I have had pilodinal cysts (very painful, clinic surgery with packing the first time, now ER lancing with referral to a Surgeon upcoming).. wondering if …

Last reply
  • 10 cmOvarian Cyst and pain is getting worse

I'm a 35 years old mum of two who recently diagnosed with a complex ovarian cyst. I am booked for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on the same day on the August 20th as I also have a polyp in my uterus. My CA 125 came back with 62 so I am pretty shocked and nervous. Currently in pain constantly if …

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst post 8 week op and increasing pain

I had open surgery 8 weeks ago to remove a 32 cm cyst removed with my right ovary. My pain is getting worse this is back pain which also brings on side pain going up either of my sides. It's sometimes so bad that I have to call in sick at work I am part time, be off my food or just want to stay …

Last reply
  • Painful cyst

I’ll keep this long story short. I’ve had this cyst for almost a year, it’s growing. Hasn’t tried to go away. Went to the doc a few times for it, they did nothing but give high dose pain meds or recommend birth control. My body doesn’t handle birth control well. Nothing works. There have been a few …

Last reply
  • IBS or Ovarian Cysts?

I am 26 years old and have been having noticeable issues for the last 12 weeks. They are now getting progressively worse. The first symptoms were severe fatigue and tiredness, unexplained heartburn/indigestion (i.e., before eating, after eating... whilst I’m sleeping?!) and constant dull pelvic …

Last reply
  • HELP! Ovary Cyst pain gets worsen with a light bleeding!!!!

Hi I have a 10cm ovary cyst on my right side and my surgery is in 4 days. I can go to emergency if things get serious but the doctor I am booked will be back by 19th only. I really want to do the surgery with my doctor only so what are alternatives to ease the pain. Pain meds dont work that well …

Last reply
  • Enlarged Ovary w/ 2 cysts, depression, anxiety, etc

Ladies, I do NOT know where to turn to. At what I first thought to be something going on with my brain, I've had many tests and finally a scan showed an enlarged ovary with 2 cysts. Before this was found, I had noticed my cycles were getting longer, from my usual 24 days to 31 days. My last …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.