Skip to content

Ovarian Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • " Hypodense Structure" ????

I recently had a Pelvic/Abdominal CT scan done where they saw a Hypodense 2cm structure in the right ovary and said it may represent  a cyst. "hypodense structure" sounds scary...  I am 48 and have no idea what this could mean.  maybe someone has some information...

Last reply
  • CA-125

Hi, I’m new to the group. I just had an appt with my gp and my CA-125 marker came back as 42. Is it very high? I’ve always suffered with pcos. Does pcos affect the reading? Thank you.

Last reply
  • Severe symptoms after surgery - feel extremely ill - help

Hi guys ! I'm nearly 3 weeks post-op but have been back to my gyn/surgeon multiple times. I am still extremely nauseous and getting intermittent pain from moderate to extreme. I've been taking anti-nausea (ondansetron) and it helps but the nausea comes back again and again.  I had my...

Last reply
  • Large Pelvic Mass detected

Detected with Large Pelvic Mass detected.   Results from CT Scan (April 19th 2018) IMPRESSION: 1. Large heterogeneous mass in the left hemipelvis measuring 12.4 x 12.9 x 9.5 cm. Portions of this mass displays macroscopic fat. The left ovary is not visualized separate from this mass....

Last reply
  • Cyst plus ovary removed or full hysterectomy

I have apainful 10cm cyst on my right ovary.  I have been offered two options, I. Removal of ovary and cyst or 2. Full hysterectomy.  I am post menopause, 53 and confused.  I don't know which way to go.  If I have the cyst/ovary removed what is the chance that I get another on...

Last reply
  • Operation this coming Tuesday

I'm having open surgery on Tuesday to remove 11cm cyst, ovary and maybe the tube. (Still don't know what it is) How long will I be under for? Will I be able to sit up in bed after the op?  What kind of things do I take into hosptail with me? Been told I'll be there a few days but...

Last reply
  • Indeterminate ovarian cyst - so scared

Hey, I’ve been reading lots of posts and wanted to write my own.  A brief background, last year I had two ovarian cysts. One on my left was noted as complex, and another on my right attached to my pelvis. When I had surgery they chose to remove the right sided mass. I had no further follow up,...

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst symptoms?

Hello everyone! I'm hoping to find some support/advice on what I think may be an ovarian cyst. (Sorry this post is so long!) Over the last year (or more) I have had irregular periods. Then, 4/5 months ago I completely missed a period and started getting pain around my ovary occasionally, assuming...

Last reply
  • I have a HUGE ovarian cyst and I have to undergo an urgent laparotomy

Hello everyone! It’s my first time posting here. I’m 21 years old and was recently diagnosed with right ovarian cyst (20.5x30x12 cm) (I know, massive!). My doctor said I have to do a laparotomy (a very long vertical incision) as soon as possible as I had one elevated tumor marker (although it’s unlikely...

Last reply
  • Ovarian Cyst Removal - My Experience

Hey everyone, Just thought I'd let you know about my experience with my ovarian cyst in case you're worrying about upcoming surgery or symptoms etc. When I first went to the doctors with prolonged bleeding, I never expected I'd be having to have a laparotomy, they thought I was pregnant...

Last reply
  • PCOS symptoms but NO cyst in ultrasound??!!

Hello ladies, first of all let me just say how happy and comforted I am when I found this website as I am in a great need to talk to people with similar experiences. I am 23 year old female, never been sexually active, non smoker or drinker. I eat healthy and excersice whenever my pains from hell allow...

Last reply
  • Dermoid Ovarian Cyst - Open Surgery

Hey, I'm new to this but wondered if anyone can enlighten me. I'm 19 and have open surgery on the 16th to take out what we suspect is a at least, 18cm dermoid ovarian cyst. My surgeon said he has operated on bigger but not with someone my age. We aren't sure whether I will have a bikini...

Last reply
  • Swelling/Bulge over Fibroids/Cyst removal incision

Hi everyone, I had  large fibroids/medium cysts removed 5 days ago.  I'm recovering well, I’d like to assume. However,  I have some painful/sensitive swelling above one of the incision.  I can't find anywhere online if it's normal or not so I was wondering if anybody...

Last reply
  • I have a large pelvic mass (cyst/tumor)!

I’m 27 years old. I decided to visit my gynecologist after bleeding/spotting for almost two months, along with other symptoms such as large bloated stomach, lower abdomen pain, and back pain. My gynecologist was concerned after he couldn’t feel my uterus, so sent me to have a transvaginal ultrasound...

Last reply
  • Can a simple cyst change into a more serious cyst?

Hi all! I am very new to this forum, but any advice I can get on cysts would be extremely helpful- as I feel very alone at this point and time. I am 18 years old and I have a 5 cm x 4 cm simple cyst in my left ovary. Although I have heard the stories of how 'simply cysts can't cause symptoms'...

Posted
  • Operation tomorrow - PCA machine

I am having a large cyst, ovary and maybe tube removed tomorrow morning and I'll be put on a PCA machine.  Has anyone been on one of these before?? ( this is my first time)  How long were you on it for?  I was told that I can have top up of other meds aswell as PCA machine by my...

Last reply
  • Does having an ovarian cyst affect your bowels? Please help!!!

Hi everyone! Since having my first ovarian cyst my bowels have been all over the place. Is this normal. I never know what my bowel movements are going to be like from one day to the next. When I spoke to my gynae he said that it shouldnt affect my bowels but these changes only started at time I had...

Last reply
  • A high CA-125 blood reading

My mum had a cyst on her ovary last year and was told 10 months ago after a scan it has gone, since then she's felt unwell especially in her tummy so her doctor ran a CA-125 blood test which can check for ovarian cancer, 10 months ago the reading from this was 55 and now it's 500 and she also...

Last reply
  • Post op

Hi i had an ovary and fallopian tube removed 4 months ago. I was put on tibolone for 3 months following the op and was then told by my gyno to stop as i still have an ovary. I havent had a period since coming of these tablets and was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for periods to get back...

Last reply
  • pain under rib in abdomen

been on the pill since around April 2017 after I went to a&e with severe pain on the left side as well as passing out which turned out to be an 5cm ovarian cyst I was given morphine and stayed in hospital until the Monday when I could get scans to see the size of it. No further treatment was given...

Last reply
  • Pelvic congestion Syndrome

Hello  I just got some pelvic ultrasound results and it suggesting Pelvic congestion syndrome I’m freaking out it sounds bad . Has anyone has had this . Please help ease my mind . I’m seing my PCM tomorrow 

Posted
  • Ovarian Cyst 23 cm ( 9.5 inch )

An ultrasound scan has detected a big 23cm ( 9.5 inch ) ovarian cyst. I am 62 years old have no pain but a very large swollen stomach, Has anyone had such a large cyst or had a cyst at my age? If yes please let me know how the surgery went. My surgeon is treating my case as urgent and tomorrow I go for...

Last reply
  • Post Ovarian Cyst Surgery Questions (please help)

I just had my ovarian cyst removed via laparotomy. It has been about a week now. I’ve begun to realize that near the incision there is now an odd bump of swelling. Also when i press on it i can feel like a hard small tube. Is this normal? Is it suppose to feel like that and be there???

Last reply
  • Ovarian cyst removal

Last week, an ultrasound scan revealed a 10cm cyst on my left ovary. I've been referred to gynaecology, I'm just waiting for my appointment to come through. I have been told, though, that I will need surgery to remove it. I have a few questions: Has anyone been through this before who could tell...

Last reply
  • Operation on Tuesday

I have my open operation on Tuesday, they taking cyst, ovary and maybe tube. I'll be on a PCA machine and top up meds to. I'm so nervous and scared!  I'm so so scared about being put to sleep.  My support worker was suppose to be there before and after but he is off sick and I don't...

Last reply
  • What is happening????? Any advice is appreciated!

Hello everyone! I've lurked on this site, and many like it, for months. But I am at my wits end and need answers. Please buckle in and bear with me because it is a very long story!!  Okay so. This all started back in November of 2016. I was having a cramping/burning pain in my lower right abdomen....

Last reply
  • Handy tips after a laparotomy cyst removal

Having had a laparotomy a few weeks ago I have been asked lots of questions on this forum regarding my recovery. I thought it may help anyone who has just had the operation to remove cysts (including a laparoscopy) or facing the operation in the near future to have a few ideas to help them. Everyone's...

Last reply
  • So worried

December 2016  a dr put a bladdersling in due to a stage 3 prolapse.  Immediately after surgery when I stood up I started having excruciating pain.  I started having UTIs one right after the other some that ended me In the ER and even stopped me from urinating for 16 hours.  It took...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.