Unusual location of ovary pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi! I'm just curious where do other people with ovarian cysts feel the pain.

Mine is strange, it sometimes feels in the pelvic area, but sometimes moves really high up, in the right side , in line with my belly, or even a bit higher. Sometimes even goes towards my right hip... It's way upper than where my ovaries are, so I'm concerned the pain may come from somewhere other than my cyst. (At last scan the cyst on my right side was almost 4 cm btw)

I wanna mention i had my appendix removed and did thorough tests and scans which show that my organs are fine... It just feels like my cyst pain is really weird and it would be great if I could hear from other people with similar experience what it feels like. It would help me ease my mind a bit...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, this is normal.

The pain will move all around and deflect to different areas. For me, it was always the hip and lower pelvis area! I know others have had it go down their legs etc... 

• Posted

Sometimes I get cramping like contractions like I want to push something out sometimes I get cramps near my belly button but also lower stomach cramps it’s horrible I have to stop ? in the street sometimes can be embarrassing 😳😳hope this helps x

• Posted

I have a 2cm cyst on my right ovary and a smaller cyst on my left ovary i have constant pain in my hips and on my legs my stomach stay bloated especially around my waist. So the symptoms u r having its correct because i hurt daily and can't edit all day my hips really hurts. Hope u get better soon

• Posted

Hi Ladies i have all those exact symptoms. i also have a couple that im curious to see if anyone else has... i was just told i have a 4.8 cm cyst on my left ovary.. i also had one last year 4.9 cm on my right ovary which went away.. question is i noticed my very first symptom to be crying for no reason and extreme anxiety... Thats how i knew this time when that started to happen i must have another cyst... Anyone else have this issue ? Also this time the cyst is on left ovary but having right sides pains... which doesnt make any sense to me ... Can anyone help ?

• Posted

I just posted about this same topic! I was diagnosed with a 4cm heamorraghic cyst in January, due for a follow up scan next week but I am not convinced my symptoms are ovary related because my pain is so high up! As you say - next to my belly button and slightly higher, also get pain around my ribs. Only down left side though and that's where the cyst is! Could the cyst be causing movement in the general abdomen area?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.