can you have sex with an ovarian cyst?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a small (2.something cm) ovarian cyst with minimal discomfort since July. I have not had sex with it yet but I really want to as I have a new guy I like a lot. My gyno said "you can but be careful." I don't know what that means but I am scared. My parents are very anti sex and I would be mortified to end up in the hospital and have them find out what happened ( I am over the age of 18 and am responsible with my sex life) is it dangerous to have sex with a cyst? I have heard horror stories of them rupturing during sex. I already have anxiety surrounding sex so I'm nervous but I still want to do it, any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would say as long as you are not having any pain with sex, you should be fine. I have dealt with cysts my while marriage and it thankfully has never impacted my sex life. 2 cm seems pretty small so I wouldn't worry about it rupturing

• Edited

Omg this was me! I'm gunna be super raw and authentic so it helps!

So I got diagonsed with an ovarian cyst in October,2021. Bare in mind, I would occasionally get pain during sex but no one understood this.

I would personally say don't do it because it really hurts. It literally interferes so much.

It can be extremely uncomfortable and because I was with a few different partners, I hated explaining why we can't have proper sex.

if you do want to have sex, protect yourself and don't let them be too harsh.

In November 2021, I still had the cyst and I had sex with it and I remember sharp sharp pain in my side. I don't want to scare you but my cyst ruptered.

It's March 2022, i'm only getting surgery now, because I can't deal with this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.