Pelvic/. Abdominal - pain cyst found

Posted , 2 users are following.

after a constant pain in my pelvis and having a speculum they found na urine infection and thrush. these were sorted but the pain was still there - doctor booked a scan as she thought my coil might have been displaced as even sex was a no go - the pain moved onto my abodominal area (more one sided but still sometimes both) after too and from the hospital after advice that's what i should do if the pain didn't decrease.

they suspected gallbladder which it wasn't the radiologist did a pelvic exam too after me explaining what had started all my issues they found a cyst of 5.4cm and said id have to go back in months for a rescan (can't remember how long but think she said 3/6mths ).

but the issue isnmy vertigo, pain on bending feeling sick abd the throbbing in my pelvis which is actually stopping me enjoying the things iove and probably will stop me returning to work at the end of the month - feeling fed up and was just wondering if anyone else had experienced pain issues like this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Donna,

I previously had a 15cm dermoid cyst on my Ovary and had the exact same symptons 4 years ago and have it removed surgically.

Around 6 months ago i started experiencing the same pain again.

A scan confirmed 6 months ago that i know have 4 Cysts (2 on each ovary) measuring at around 1cm each. I then had another scan 6 weeks after and they had tripled in size. This was 4 months ago and i am now in agony - they've definitely grown again as i can physically see the bloating!

My advice would be to pester your doctors about the pain. Waiting 3-6 months is far to long and speaking for experience just too painful! I have done the same and i am now under an amazing consultant who is working up a fertility plan with me (I'm only 27) as there are more risks with a second Cystectomy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.