15cm ovarian cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

They gynaecologist has recently told me that I have a 15cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary. He didn't give me much information about what happens next other than that I will need to go for a CT scan, that it'll likely need to be removed by surgery and that it's likely too large to be removed through key hole surgery.

My initial appointment was around a week ago and I mostly would like to know, how long it usually takes from intial diagnosis to actually getting surgery? And also anyone who has experienced this, their perspective would be very helpful.

Also, my CA-125 levels have came back normal which is a reassuring sign but it is constantly painful and uncomfortable so I am eager for this to progress.

Thanks in advance 😃

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't have any advice but just wanted you to know you weren't alone. I am glad your blood test came back good! That's a positive thing !

• Posted

hi was diagnosed last month with a 9cm cyst and told my surgeon is able to use keyhole surgery but may be 2 or 3 small wounds. l am over 70 so is post menopausal.

Still waiting for letter directly to myself but have had the copy of the letter the surgeon sent to my GP.

Hope you soon have the answers you need.

• Posted

Hi, what country are you in? have things moved forward for you? I hope so.

I'm in the UK and my cyst was discovered a few years ago when it was 3cm. i refused surgery at that time but they gave me scans every 6-12 months to keep an eye on it.

Towards the end of last year 2021 it had grown to 12cm and i also had raised CA125 tumour markers so the decision was taken to remove it.

my surgery took place 2 weeks ago (June 2022) after a couple of delays (my original date was April) and i had a unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (cyst, one ovary, and the fallopian tube).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.