16cm fluid sac

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mum has went through a ultrasound scan and found a 16cm fluid sac. As the fluid sac is too big, the doctor has suggested a CT scan to diagnose on the correlation to the organs.

Wondering for those who has encountered a big fluid cyst, do you have to go through so many rounds of scanning and how soon did the doctors perform the surgery?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi. i had a 22cm fluid filled ovarian cyst removed in february. i had 1 xray, 1 scan then my surgery which they managed to do key hole. they drained 1.5L from the cyst then pulled the empty sack through a tiny incision. recovery was very quick

• Posted

hi amy, hope you have fully recovered. How do manage to find out on the fluid sac?

My mum has been referred between Urology and gynaecology. The diagnosis was not easy. This morning they have draw her blood for further checks on cancer diagnosis.

Thanks for sharing.

• Posted

hi if im not mistaken .. clear/fluid filled cysts are not cancerous and they are just running tests to be extra cautious ..if it has a solid component to it then that is whats questionable. in my case it was solid and fluid filled and still turned out benign! mine was 10 cm and was causing me so much pain it was def blocking my organs because it was hard to digest and use the bathroom (sorry tmi) but the surgery went so well and i recovered in no time

• Posted

organ?

its just a fluid filled cyst. once thats drained i mean they remove it like an empty sac

• Posted

mine was on my ovary .. if you look up your anatomy you can see how your ovary and bowel, and small intestine are near each other and play a part in digestion and bowel movements .. or u can be asymptomatic but with a cyst that large im sure she has symptoms

• Posted

sorry didnt understand what she was asking. mine too was on the ovary. they had to remove the cyst, right ovary and fallopian tube x i too had the bloods it is precaution if its fluid its usually non serious it is a solid mass they are concerned about. that would certainly be taken out by major open surgery as they cannot drain xx

• Posted

I'm older now but have had several ovarian cysts, mainly in my younger years. I was in bed when the first one burst and I thought I'd been stabbed! ultrasound showed it was 2.5 times the size of my ovary, just hanging off the ovary until it blew. I didn't know with subsequent ones the same way. Haven't had any problem since I went thru menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.