Depressed with Ovarian cyst, feeling s****y for the past 2 years!

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi guys,

So for the past 2 years I had been dealing with a constant pain I would recieve during sex aswell as a weird discharge. I remember I kept freaking out and I was constantly telling my parents what could this be!!!!

Bare in mind, I'm 20! I'm in university and i'm quite sexually active!

I was crying every single day, I was having so many panic attacks after having sex with someone because I just kept thinking that I could of caught something or I have an underlyning condition that I don't know about.

This was making me so crazy and it made me even more crazy because all my family would say is "you're fine" "sometimes sex will hurt, if the penis is a little big". And I knew for sure something was up.

After that, I stopped having sex and I noticed that I would get random sharp cramps like someone is cutting inside my vagina and painful dull pain in my abdominal area. Alongside this, I was at university so I'd assume it was just stress and anxiety but I still contacted my doctor because I had to trust my INTUITION!

GUYS PLEASE TRUST YOUR GUT INSTINCT, if something is bothering you, isn't normal or uncomfortable and you are unsure or have a feeling, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR! ASAP!

So I contacted my doctor and they referred me to a have an ultrasound scan in a nearby hospital and they said I have bilateral PCOS and PID. THEY WERE WRONG!

I never had PID but I did have PCOS. So now i'm freaking out even more, sitting in my bedroom thinking i'm nasty because online you can see it says PID would come from sexual intercourse and so now i'm upset, alone, confused, depressed etc.

After that ultrasound, I got referred to a gynacologist, they did a few scans and they were great enough to inform me what I had - Bilateral Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and a 6cm Ovarian Cyst.

I remember leaving that gynacologist feeling so relieved like I could finally breathe that I had got my answers.

I'm supposed to be having a laprascopic surgery soon because my cyst comes and goes and it makes me feel super emotional, alone, depressed, upset and really hormonal.

Moral of the story, please please trust your instincts and if you have to go off and tell the doctors 100 times your problems. DO IT! No one knows your body but you!!!!!!

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.