28 cm ovarian cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ny name is janey,

hope i can get some advise on here because i feel like im being impatient, a 28cm cyst was found during an ultrasound about 5 weeks ago. they rushed through an mri and blood test to be sure its not cancerous which luckily it isnt.

now i feel like ive just been put on the back burner be ause my next appointment with the consultant isnt until

february and thats not even when its being removed. I understand their are many patients who need more emergency care but its uncomfortable being constantly breathless because its pushing on my diaphragm and the constant bloated feeling and looking 6 months pregnant its so exhausting!

i just dont know how to get this rushed through, it scares me that it is still growing and will do.

i would appreciate any advice from anyone. im 36 -still not had children and have always wanted them, so this is another worry for me .

Thank you in advance x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello Janey,

I just had a 12 inch complex ovarian cyst removed 3 weeks ago that weighed 15 pounds. It took over a year to get diagnosed meanwhile it was continuing to grow and grow and my symptoms were getting worse and very difficult to deal with.

my suggestion is to be persistent in the most polite way possible. after I met with my surgeon I was not even given a surgery date. My symptoms kept getting worse and worse bladder issues, pain and bloating, loss of appetite, extreme heartburn and the list goes on. I had many visits to the ER and ended up with bladder infections. I kept calling the surgeon office and talking to his nurse. finally I got a call that there was a cancellation and I had a date for the surgery. I had a full hysterectomy done as well as the cyst removal. I instantly felt better after the surgery. its amazing what our bodies can tolerate.

I hope you are able to get it done as soon as possible and I hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.